PDA

View Full Version : Special time going out

Jonianne
06-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Hi everyone. My first post was on Sunday. Thank you so much for all the welcome's I got. I wanted to share some more about myself with those of "kindred spirits".

My name is Joni and I am in my fifty's. I first knew I liked to wear female cloths when I was 7. I had heard the story about Tom Sawyer in "Huckelberry Finn" how he dressed as a girl during one of his adventures. At that moment in my heart I said "I want to do that!:daydreaming:" and for the next 30 years I would seceretly love to dress up, but at the same time feel so much guilt and shame especially from a religious point of view. I remember crying and praying to God, as a young person, to please be OK with me even though I like to wear girls cloths.

Eventually, I went to some good Christian counsolers (actual Phd psychotherapists) who although they didn't encourage my crossdressing also didn't condemn me for it either. Once when I wanted to "purge", they reccomended I not do that. I learned so much about having normal relationships, about setting boundries and also respecting the boundries of others. Most of all, I learned, through the acceptance of others, to be OK with myself and that God was OK with me. (I have a thread in Media called "Truly accepting yourself")

My first marriage did not survive, especialy after my wife got hooked up with a "Christian" ex-transgender group near Cincinnati.

I am remarried and have a wonderful supportive wife now. We have been together for 9 years. This time, I informed her about my crossdressing long before we got married. She admits she does not understand it, but she cared enough about me as a person to want to work it out with me. She went with me to my first TRIESS meetings and then said Joni needs to feel the sunshine on her face. She took me to the ocean during the winter and videoed me on the beach. That was my first time actually being out.

I don't go out very often, so each time is very special. Recently we went on vacation and I got to spend a day dressed and also a day dressed traveling on the train. The neatest thing is how my wife acts so normal with me whether I am dressed as a female or male.

I have posted a photo album with some of the pictures. Even someone like me, who is not very feminine looking, can go out and enjoy themselves.

By the way, any reccomendations on improving my apperance is very welcome. I've already been told the grey hair has to go!

Thanks for letting me share.

Love,
Joni :daydreaming:

skirting
06-17-2008, 06:44 AM
"Christian ex-transgender"? That just sounds frightening! :D

christinac
06-17-2008, 07:00 AM
"Christian ex-transgender"? That just sounds frightening! :D

Amen to that sis!