PDA

View Full Version : How about something positive

boy2girl31
06-18-2008, 02:10 AM
A high number of threads here talk about the problems with crossdressing. Call me an optimist but I try to see the good in everything and thought I would give an example. I quit smoking 2 1/2 weeks ago because of my crossdressing. How did crossdressing help me quit you ask? Well if this happened to your top would you quit? (see picture) What good things happened for you?

DeeDee3
06-18-2008, 03:54 AM
This past year, just before Christmas, I was experiencing discomfort, short of pain in my right knee and hip. Saw the doctor first part of January. Was diagnosed with Bursitis. Was put on regimen of Aleve, and advised to wear support stockings. Probably not going to be cured, but at least I'm less aware of the problem. Got the wife to help with purchase of many sets of Panty Hose, and Thigh-Hi,s. I'm in 7th heaven now, along with satin panties that work better with the panty hose. That's positive to me. DeeDee

Tina Dixon
06-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Such a sexy item but it's good that it made stop smoking them sigs:thumbsup:

Karren H
06-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Hey... if I get any more positive about crossdressing I think I'll explode.... and that wouldn't be positive!! hahahaha

jamie-upstate
06-18-2008, 06:16 AM
your lungs will be gald you not doing that to them anymore
it may be had to stay off but you will love yourself for it latter
and the money you sav can buy some realy nice things to look your best

boy2girl31
06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
As for jamie-upstate's thing about staying off smokes I plan to put my top behind a glass poster frame so I look at it every day that should provide incentive.

And DeeDee3 your comment was exactly what I meant I loooove positive people.:D

KandisTX
06-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I am on Day # 12 of my Chantix prescription so I will be joining you as a former smoker soon myself. ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

MentalMercury
06-18-2008, 05:28 PM
-Made a few new acquaintances
-Met alot of interesting people
-Had ALOT of fun dressing up with friends
-Got some pictures I love
-best is yet to come!

Sonia Kiss
06-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Ah, maybe a little bit gross, but better hygiene all around. Love taking better care of my skin for example. Love the way my arms and legs seem to stay cleaner cleanly shaven than covered in fur. Sonia :)

Oh wait, and diet was best of all! Who lost weight to look better? LOTS of us. :)

TGMarla
06-18-2008, 07:20 PM
It expanded my mind to include the feminine perspective. I see the world now from a much broader point of view.

Angie G
06-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Good for you the Positive thing is a few more years of dressing hun.:hugs:
Angie

Nicole Erin
06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, women's clothes [even just shorts and tees] are more comfy.

Celeste
06-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Ouch,thats awfully nice to be burning it,hope your skin is O.K..I got fed up with burning things to,with me it was the front seat in my new car,so Feb 5Th I quit as well.I really can't believe how much the quality of life has improved.I think it was my biggest hurdle,everything else seems to improve because of it.I will never smoke again.

Amy Hepker
06-18-2008, 08:47 PM
I quite smoking in 1981

CD Susan
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I smoked cigars for 30 years and burned holes in a lot of my cd clothes. This used to really get me upset. I quit smoking those smelly cigars 8 months ago and I will never smoke them again. Since I quit I feel much better and now exercise every day to stay in shape. Being smoke free and healthy intensifies the cd experience for me.

Beth-Lock
06-18-2008, 10:23 PM
1) I find it is a big incentive to control one's weight, as well as lose weight. Otherwise, I might not be all that worried about it. Also, have picked up tips and examples of how to lose weight, from GG's. Main point of their example is to eat rather little, indeed, less than you might think you would need. That is going to be more important for me now, since my weight is way up now.
2) Men tend to exercise in the gym in an aggressive way, and too often drop dead as a result. Taking the approach of women, in working on gentle movements, lighter weights and being graceful, rather than trying to bench press, etc., your maximum is definitely healthier, especially as one gets older.
3) Basic bodily hygiene as mentioned, is more important, and so its absence is more noticeable.
4) Decluttering one's place becomes a bit more of a priority.
I may not be performing well in all these categories, but they offer healthy goals, goals that would not have appeared on my radar otherwise.

trannie T
06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
One of the reasons I am losing weight is so I'll look better en femme.
Dressing has helped me to meet some good people. Going out dressed has helped me develop more self confidence. I have had very few negative experiences and many positive experiences related to my crossdressing.

Bethany38
06-19-2008, 08:19 AM
congrats on the non smoking. The best thing that has happened to me is this has brought my wife and closer together than ever before and I never thought that would happen when we first started to talk about my dressing. If I did not have her nothing would be possible.

Ásfríðr
06-19-2008, 09:09 AM
i make a whole lot more sense to everyone i think. and god that is such a massive shame, that was a gorgeous top. don't think i'd quit but i'd sure be a hell of a lot more carefull! x

boy2girl31
06-21-2008, 02:17 AM
It expanded my mind to include the feminine perspective. I see the world now from a much broader point of view.

This is also someting I noticed (thanks for the remind). I grew up in a low tolerance area everyone was white, straight, and boys were to be boys. I did a lot of things people didn't approve of but found that I am more tolerant of any type of minority. So I get along with everyone and that's always a plus.

Miss Petra
06-21-2008, 02:41 AM
My closing rate in my businessfor woman went way up since Petra came out. I am able to relate to them on a whole new level. I have even had in depth conversations with my clients about fashion, shoes, pedicures, etc.. They love the fact that I am so comfortable about these things and have mentioned that my wife is very lucky to have a man who makes an effort to try and learn and show intrest in what the other partner likes. If only they knew:heehee: I think some do:eek:

Hugz,

Miss P