PDA

View Full Version : Can you ever remember saying this ( Question for FAB) but anyone can answer

Joanne f
06-18-2008, 01:53 PM
When some of my wife's female friends found out that i was a Cd their first words were " i would not put up with that ".
So i was just wondering if any of the FAB on here had ever said anything like that before they knew that their SO was a Cd . or had it said to them by a friend .
The amusing thing about my wife's friends that said that, have all broken up with their partners due to , wife beating, drunkenness and affairs , we have out lasted them all and my wife has quite often said she knows which she would prefer me being .

joanne

KarenCDFL
06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I hope it is OK for me to reply to this,

Several of my wifes (our) friends know and had no issue with it as they knew what kind of people we were before the fact. The fact that I like to dress did not change me and is some cases we had a lot more fun when we went out.

KandisTX
06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
As my wife puts it: "Kandis is just another part of who you really are. I could never ask you to stop being yourself". Then again, she has known since we met essentially (almost 13 years ago), and we've been married for 6.5 years.

Kandis:love::rose2:

DemonicDaughter
06-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Nope, never said that or anything even remotely close. For two reasons:

a) I believe there is no such thing as a single, one-size-fits-all-answer, So shy of drugs, beating, emotional abuse, I never say, "I'd never put up with that" because there are ALWAYS other factors.

And...

b) I thought it perfectly fine from the moment I discovered anyone did such a thing. Actually... I'm pretty sure I was quite excited when my friend first told me oh-so long ago. :D

Angie G
06-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Those woman don't know how good they would have had it a husband and a girlfriendall in one.:hugs:
Angie

Sandra
06-19-2008, 05:49 AM
So i was just wondering if any of the FAB on here had ever said anything like that before they knew that their SO was a Cd . or had it said to them by a friend .
joanne

I never said anything like that, mainly because I never came across any kind of cding untill I met Nigella, and if I had I still wouldn't have said that, it's each to their own. None of my friends have said that to me either, yes we talk about cding but nothing like that has been said.

Joanne f
06-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Thank you for the replies, i think my wife should have chosen better friends :heehee:

joanne

moses
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
My SO is not out to anyone in his family (or anyone really, including friends), but his entire family does know about his uncle's transvestitism (as they call it). This is his father's brother. The other day, his aunt (mother's sister, so no relation) was telling my SO how crazy the uncle was (because of the dressing) and making some really rude comments. She was also telling him how she was so happy that at least they (she and my SO) were the only two normal people in the family. If only she knew...

But no, I never said anything like that myself. Honestly, as long as it doesn't hurt me emotionally or physically (or do damage to the relationship, like in the case of alcohol or drug abuse), then to each his or her own. I'd rather be with a guy who dresses now and then (or even all the time) than one who never talks to me because he's playing warcraft or watching football all the time.

ggtracy
06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Before she knew we were dating, a friend of mine said once " I wonder what kind of person would be attracted to someone like that". So of course, I hesitated in telling her for a while because I was offended. But once she knew that my crossdressing friend had become my boyfriend, she has been very supportive and not said anything remotely negative. Now I realize that she never meant to sound offensive, she just had no experience in this area.

marny
06-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Sounds like your wifes friends, require some education. As to yourself, I am quite sure you did not mean it in the way I interpreted......but I would not consider wife beating,broken marrigges, etc....amusing. I am sure I understand your meaning. I am concerned that others may not,

Joanne f
06-20-2008, 04:00 AM
Marny ,
I totally agree with you that wife beating and broken marriages are not an amusing thing, and i thank you for pointing this out just in case anyone has miss understood my meaning .

If anyone has miss understood the way that i phrased it i apologize to them as there would be no way that i would find that sort of thing amusing .
I was just trying to say that my wife and i find it amusing that we are the two that are still together when we where the ones that were condemned for what i do and the way my wife stuck by me .
I hope this clears any miss understanding up if not feel free to tell me .

joanne