PDA

View Full Version : Summertime Blues

Kristen Marie
06-19-2008, 10:00 AM
With summer just about here, I have to constantly remind myself to not wear a short sleeve short while driving in the car or working in the yard. I am working on that nice full, shoulder to fingertip tan for my sleeveless outfits. Hate that upper arm tan line.

What summertime techniques or habits do you have?

Karren H
06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Aint no cure for the........? Lol

When I get a slight tan line I just use bronzer (Bonnie Bell in a tube I think) to blend in the lighter skin with the tanned area and I works well enough.. I try to stay out of the sun and always wear sun screen for skin cancer prevention purposes..

Christie ann
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
lots of sunscreen and both male and female sleeveless tops.

Angie G
06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I had some tan on my lower arms And went fishing last Sunday I put sun block on the tan and left the shoulder with none and now the tan is even all the way down my arms it great. :hugs:
Angie

Genifer Teal
06-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm with you. We have to avoid the "man tan" at all costs. lol Being a girl is a lot of work. We constantly find new things to do or worry about. I hide my skin or lather up (with sunscreen) all the time. 2 times a week I lay in my back yard in a bikinni bottom with no sunscreen for 30 min each side. This is the max I can take direct sunlight at noon. That is how I maximize my girl tan. I like bottom tan lines - but that is all I want to have for tan lines.

Gen

With summer just about here, I have to constantly remind myself to not wear a short sleeve short while driving in the car or working in the yard. I am working on that nice full, shoulder to fingertip tan for my sleeveless outfits. Hate that upper arm tan line.

Emily Anderson
06-20-2008, 04:56 PM
My summertime habits are the same as my wintertime ones... I only crossdress indoors, and alone... How pathetic and sad :D

The advantage of summer is that I get to peruse all the summer catalogues and pick out the best of the summer dresses.

Definitely my favorite time of year!

Lisa Rose
06-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Bra top cami's are my favorite summertime tops

TxKimberly
06-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Thats so funny - I do exactly the same thing! I HATE that farmers tan - it looks awful in a pretty blouse.

Sara Jessica
06-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Bra top cami's are my favorite summertime tops

Mine too but I'm awaiting an objective opinion (which I'll get tomorrow) about whether I can pull off a simple cami top in public. Otherwise, I cover with a light weight but long sleeve shrug top or wear some other sort of long sleeve top. It's a pain but otherwise I've got another 5-10 years until age saps some of the muscle tone from my arms.

Lisa Rose
06-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Mine too but I'm awaiting an objective opinion (which I'll get tomorrow) about whether I can pull off a simple cami top in public. Otherwise, I cover with a light weight but long sleeve shrug top or wear some other sort of long sleeve top. It's a pain but otherwise I've got another 5-10 years until age saps some of the muscle tone from my arms.

I've worn racer backs without adjustable straps and got no comments. I see them as kind of unisex.

sissystephanie
06-20-2008, 10:26 PM
As a redhead(when I had hair!) I burn out in the real sun. So I go to a tanning salon where I can control the exposure and tan almost all over! I do that all year long, so nothing special in the summer except for plenty of sunscreen!:heehee:

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Rachel Morley
06-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Being a girl is a lot of work. We constantly find new things to do or worry about.
You got that right! Regular guys have no idea how different and difficult life can be for a woman ... and I'm only talking about trivial stuff !! Never mind about the serious stuff, like medical and monthly cycle type things etc (which of course we can only try to understand and be sympathetic to).

Anyway, to answer Kristen Marie from my personal CDing point of view. I have to be more attentive to leg hair (or lack there of) I (fake) tan my legs (too hot for pantyhose in the summer) toe nails are on show more in open toe sandals, and definably do not have a real tan that regular guys have that stops at the upper arm. That would look hideous in a sundress :D