PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of fish

Gemma Rhodes
06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Girls,

Now, not wanting to sound sad, I have not been in a serious relationship for a number of years now and I'm really wanting to find an understanding partner so I have joined the dating site www.plentyoffish.com . I have registered as a male put posted pics of myself as Gemma.

I have been open and honest in my profile hoping that I will be able to meet an understanding women. I want to get to know somebody with them having full knowledge of my crossdressing as I would hate to grow fond of someone and then risk scaring them off by dropping my crossdressing on them. I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt (sorry for the cliche).

I have been pleasantly surprised at the supportive messages I have been receiving and I chat to a number of women on MSN now and I have arranged to meet one next Wednesday.

I did originally register as female but realised I would only be attracting the interest of men or gay women neither of which I'm interested in.

I just wondered if anyone else is as sad as me and have registered on this or a similar site.

Gemma

xx

Sandra
06-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Gemma your not sad to do something like this. :hugs: I hope your meeting next week goes well.

adelle
06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
i know exactly how you feel, the sad thing for me is that im miles away from any of the girls in cd.com and cant even say i want to meet and dress up or even just go for a chat, wish i had some one like that in SA :sad:

paulaN
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I would not say you are sad at all. In fact I think just the opposite, I'd say you are smart. I hope you have good luck with meeting people.

PheonaP
06-19-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't think you are sad at all, I think your move is sensible and to be encouraged. As always remember to play safe when meeting others and I hope the meeting goes well for you. :hugs:

Alicia_lynn419
06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I am on Myspace and OKCupid as Allie and have made several friends there. I've been meaning to put up my Allie profile on POF as well....

ggtracy
06-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I met my current boyfriend on an online site. he too was posted as a man with his female picture. I found his honesty and confidence to be very attractive. we have been together six months now and planning a future together. good luck.

Genifer Teal
06-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Don't feel sad. A freind of mine has been doing the exact same thing - posting a female pic but saying male and explaining. He has met some amazing women both in looks and personality. What you are doing is just another means to an end - no better or worse than your aunt setting you up on a blind date lol. Best of luck to you.

Hugs - Genifer

Deborah Jane
06-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I don,t think your sad Gemma.
I,m in a similar situation to you and after reading your post i may sign up to the same site, seeing as you seem to have made friends with GGs there by being honest about who you are.

deja true
06-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I've heard some horror stories here about on-line dating sites, but it occurs to me that you might have found the key. The biggies, that we all hear about just attract too many people, so there're bound to be some lurking pond scum...

But the small, new ones, maybe especially those that cater to specific professions, give much more of a chance before they too are inevitably overrun...

good luck, Gemma, let us know how it goes...

Shelly Preston
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I am sure the women reading your profile appreciate your honesty

I wish you the best of luck on finding someone :hugs:

Lisa Rose
06-19-2008, 06:12 PM
WOW bold move. That's something to think about. Thanks and good luck.

Kayla_CD
06-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I did lavalife for a while. It's not a bad thing, it gets you out there and is often a huge boost to the self-esteem.

I only wish I had your guts and put up pics of myself en femme. Being open and honest with the women you meet on this site right from the beginning is going to ensure you meet someone who is going to be supportive of your dressing.

Good on ya, girl!

Laura_Stephens
06-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Good for you! Nothing to be sad about!

Angie G
06-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Not me hun I'm happily married but I wish you all the luck in finding what I have. :hugs:
Angie

Babette
06-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I just wish we could all give you a group hug and make things all right. Good with your Wednesday meeting.

Babette

Sapphire
06-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Gemma,
I hope it works out right for you and that you find someone who appreciates the new dimension that you have to offer to a relationship.

DemonicDaughter
06-19-2008, 08:58 PM
She was in boy mode but it is possible to meet someone online and have a relationship ignite out of it. Thankfully we lived rather close to each other. :)

Best of luck! :love:

Celeste
06-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow, I'm really glad to see more are breaking the ice and doing this, your honesty up front doe's make a huge statement.I would like to try it someday to, but I need to dispense of some of my exposure fear yet.I have this horrible fear of my ex wife seeing me on a site such as that and en femme,then maybe telling her whole family,maybe even my little girl.I can only try to make adjustments in order to move ahead of these fears and be careful until I do.

chaotropic
06-19-2008, 10:44 PM
my discomfort and inability to socialize in public extends to those dating sites as well. I've attempted to talk to people on them but find the whole process to be terrible.

Gemma Rhodes
06-20-2008, 02:03 AM
I don,t think your sad Gemma.
I,m in a similar situation to you and after reading your post i may sign up to the same site, seeing as you seem to have made friends with GGs there by being honest about who you are.

It is worth doing Deborah. Women seem to respect my honesty and I have found many GGs who I now regularly chat to. I also don't really have a worry about anyone recognising me as I look totally different when dressed. Its amazing what a bit of slap and a wig can do for a 43 year old grey haired man.

Samantha Thomson
06-20-2008, 06:01 AM
hun im on plentyof fish my self and yes im like you to and your are right about who respond to you i had mainly men and lesbian women to had one i thought was a serious one starting dating a few times normal and as samantha but one night she came out of her bedroom wearing you know and said im going to be her bitch know since then i was dressed as samantha well you know how that ended well ok later

samantha

erickka
06-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Gemma, I admire yopur honesty. I think you will have great success, since honesty isthe best policy.Good luck!!