PDA

View Full Version : Getting Femmed Up in Hotel Rooms

Kelli Ann
06-19-2008, 09:05 PM
I see a lot of girls dressing in hotel rooms. This seems like the perfect stage for photos. You do not have to worry about someone recognizing the interior of your home and if you get the courage to step out for the first time, you can always walk down the hall and get ice or buy a coke while in Femme. This is a fantasy of mine. I know when the time comes for me to finally step out of the closet it will definitely be in a hotel hallway.

I know this sounds crazy but it seems like the perfect crossdressing training area.

Has anyone ever stayed in a hotel room and stepped out for the first time?

Share your experiences.:daydreaming:

Kayla Shadows
06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Hello Kelli.Last weekend,for the first time,I did just that.Its good if your not ready to leave your home dressed up.You can just do it at the hotel and take it from there.Drive or take a cab to wherever you want to go and have some fun..if your ready for that.Kinda makes you nervous at first stepping out that door for the first time.Besides everyone here,it will be the first time that anyone has seen you like that.You might possibly have to walk past the person at the desk who just saw you come in very differently..Then you just walk past like its nothing at all.If they figure it out,oh well.You have the right to be you even if there are closed minded people in the world.Your not alone in what you do.

AlysonCD
06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
All of you are welcome to come stay at the hotel I work at. I'd love to see ya!

mike47
06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I have not tried that. I usually just get dressed at home and go from there. It does sound like fun though. I do believe I might try it soon.

Dalece
06-19-2008, 10:36 PM
I was in Detroit two weeks ago. And got dressed there. I leave my house dressed Femme.

Karren H
06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Almost every week..... Enfemme is the uniform of the evening for me on business... and sometimes of the day... if I have no appointments... If I'm on a trip solo I travel enfemme... other wise if I'm with coworkers I wait till I get to the hotel.... change and then go out... While they are off doing something else....

Here's some of my photos... in the hotel... comeing and going... even at home... http://www.flickr.com/photos/karrenhutton/sets/

tricia_uktv
06-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes Kelli Ann, I do it all the time now. The most nervewrecking thing when you have just started is getting through reception, but if you manage that you will be on a wonderful high!

Sally24
06-20-2008, 05:07 AM
When I was getting started I spent a 2 week trip dressing every night in the hotel room until bed time. I even slept in a nightly every night! I got my first femme looking picture from that hotel room and a good start on "the walk". I had planned to make a trip out to the ice machine/candy machine but chickened out.

It's a great place to learn and practice without worrying about someone you know seeing you or a relative walking in on you. But be warned.......once you go out in public you'll be hooked!!

Good luck!

deja true
06-20-2008, 05:29 AM
Gosh, we've all done this...

I doubt there's a hotel room in North America that hasn't seen a CD in it at least once.:daydreaming:

I always used to worry that there was a security camera hidden in that little air vent, but then I gave up worrying...:eek:

Always get a room with two beds so you have a place to spread out your things.:D

MsJanessa
06-20-2008, 05:57 AM
I"ve been doing it for years--I got so comfortable with that at one hotel where I stayed often, the mangament knew about Janessa--I would check in dressed occasionally and some times before I went out at night, I would go down to the front desk to show them My new outfits

yms
06-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi

I think there's something to be said for going out in some other city than the one you live in. When I first started going out en femme I found it easier if I was out of town.

Even now, when I go out in my own area, I often go to bars and restaurants that are part of a nice hotel. There's a certain anonymity to it, and I don't look so out of place if I'm wearing a skirt and heels.

TGMarla
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Back when I joined this forum, I was staying in hotels every night. Needless to say, I dressed almost every night. I sometimes got bold and ventured out of the room to get something from my vehicle, or get ice. But yes, hotels are a perfect place to go and get all dressed up where there's little or no chance of getting hassled or recognized. They are a good blend of privacy and anonymity.

Adrienne CD
06-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Yep, spent many a night in hotel rooms dressing. I usually only stay at hotels that have at very least a balcony so I can go outside for some exposure. Have a look at some golf resorts which are usually Villas with ground level outdoor access and are usually reasonably priced during the week and justifiable from a business point of view.

María José
06-20-2008, 08:54 AM
The first time I went out fully dressed I dressed in a hotel room. It is the perfect place to do it. Now, I use to dress and go out when I travel for bussiness. I try to arrive the day before in the afternoon and that evening and night are for Tania.

KimberlyS
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
I started my CDing in full femme with makeup and going out in a hotel room when on a business trip away from home. One of the best things I did as a CDer for going out and gaining confidence. I know I looked terrible those first times going out. But I said to myself "It does not matter what they think I will never see them again". And as bad as I looked I was surprised at the number of people that did not seem to notice me or did not have a bad reaction, at least to my seeing or hearing. Yea I got many looks and comments but overall it went very well. And I gained the confidence to continue.

Get out of town and just do it.

Kristen Marie
06-20-2008, 11:24 AM
My first stepping out was from a hotel in Massachusetts. I was going to a Sisters of Boston event and booked a room in more of a motel than a hotel. It was easier to leave the room directly to my car rather than than take an elevator (way too scary for me if I'm dressed) and walk thru a lobby.

Now, two years later, I just stayed at the Bellagio, took the elevator, gambled at the slots, asked guests to take pictures of me and had an absolute blast.....it's those little steps that are soooo important....

Here's a hallway shot in the Bellagio.....

Jilmac
06-20-2008, 11:27 AM
I generally dress in the comfort of my home but then I have met some of my girlfriends at hotels to go out for a day of shopping or entertainment. The last time I went to a hotel I was already en femme (after dressing at home). That's where I met Stephanie for the first time. We talked about ourselves and got to know each other, took a few pix, then went to TGI Friday's for a nice meal. Since I have been out and about on several occasions, hotels are simply meeting places for me. Good luck on your dressing, and after walking down the hall a few times for ice and soda maybe you'll be ready to venture out and let the world meet your femme side. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Tina Dixon
06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I never have and wonder what I would tell my wife about the hotel bills but it does sound like fun.

linnea
06-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Although my first en femme walk out in the light of day was not from a hotel room, I have used hotel rooms for this purpose on many occasions. I finally reached the point that I was brave enough to check into a motel en femme and spend most of the time that I was there (two nights) dressed. For me, hotel and motel rooms are great because I can practice my walk, my other movement, and my dressing in front of a nice mirror, often full length, and I can fiddle with make-up and other details without interruption. When I have these opportunities--pretty rare, but worth the wait--I usually take a large suitcase of outfits and underwear and put it into the drawers and hang the clothes in the closet.
My wish is that I would have an accepting GG and/or another CD or two to share this time with; apart from that, I find the experience to be wonderful and helpful.

celeste26
06-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Hotels are just one more added expense that I need to avoid This life of ours is expensive enough without adding unnecessary expenses.

KimberlyS
06-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Hotels are just one more added expense that I need to avoid This life of ours is expensive enough without adding unnecessary expenses.

My wife thinks my femme clothes are an unneeded expense also. We all need to set our priorities. Something may be unnecessary to one person and may be necessary to another person. I have only used hotels when on business travel or when my wife and I were away on weekends. Nice when the expense account pays for the room. But now when I can not fully dress when leaving the house and need to finish in the car or even fully dress in the car, I often wish I had gotten a room. Some of us do not have the luxury to leave our house enfemme.

But for the CDer starting to go out and nervous about neighbors or others in town seeing them, getting out of town and getting a hotel room is a great way to start. In my experience it makes the nerves easier to handle starting out knowing you will not run in to others you know.

Genifer Teal
06-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I appreciate the need many girls have for privacy. Your comments are a sad reminder of the lack of acceptance the public has to offer us. I decided a long time ago, if I couldn't leave the house dressed, then I wouldn't do this. I couldn't do this if I had to keep it that much a secret. I also couldn't deal with the emotions of having to sneak out half dressed and finish getting ready in the car. It is just not me. I need to do this with dignity and that is how I do it. I walk to my car proudly. I even ride the train to NYC. I wasn't always this confident. I knew I had to get there, if I was to make this work for me. I hope some day everyone here can be proud to express who they really are.

Hugs - Genifer

FWIW Sometimes I go to events far enough away they require staying over in a hotel. In those situations I do get ready in a hotel room. My advice? Bring high wattage light bulbs. To save electricity, hotels often use dim lights. They are usually not bright enough to do makeup with. The flourecents are even worse. They show every flaw and magnify it.

TxKimberly
06-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Yepper! like so many others have said I do this OFTEN and it is in fact how I got started going out.
I remember trying over and over for months and I just couldn't screw up the guts to walk out the door. I'd open it and peek out but just couldn't get up the guts to leave the room. Then one day I got the guts up to step outside the door - one foot in and one out! lol I few trips later I got the guts up to prop the door open on the dead bold, and actually step completely outside the room, with my heart pounding so hard I was sure everyone could hear it!. Eventually (days, weeks, or months later) I got up the guts to walk to the car and go for a drive and it was WONDERFUL!
With years sometimes separating these steps, I continued to push my my endurance until in the last few months I've actually taken flights on airlines as Kim!
Come a long way from peeking out the cracked door with my heart pounding in my throat! :-)

SweetCaroline
06-20-2008, 09:38 PM
I have nothing much to add, except I too took the hotel room route. I agree it can be sad that we have to travel away from home for the simple act of just being ourselves.

I'm fully out and about now, but I can say having a hotel room can offer the new girl a "retreat". So I can understand the trips to the Ice/ Coke Machine. You have a place to go back to if you feel uncomfortable.

Here's a pic of me, my very first time fully dressed out doors at a motel in West Boylston MA. This was just the beginning for me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/Petrostone/Metrans/meoutdoors2.jpg

tina jayne
06-21-2008, 02:41 AM
i am going on a trip this year so its going to be my first bye for now

CD Susan
06-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Years ago I went on business trips and would stay in motel rooms. I always dressed up in the room but never had the courage to step out side the door. When I think back on this I see it as a lot of missed opportunities. I have been out of the closet for a couple of months now and will be meeting another cd friend of mine next month.It will be in a city where neither one of us is known. I am looking forward to this and nothing will stop me from going out anywhere I want to while dressed.

Lilith Moon
06-21-2008, 05:45 AM
I've dressed at home for most of my life but in the last few months have done the hotel thing a few times..mainly to attend TG friendly events some distance from home. I find it scary and exciting to venture out into the real world from a hotel room. I usually dress conservativaly for these sessions but...

Last weekend I went to an "alternative lifestyle" venue and returned to the hotel late at night dressed rather outrageously...it was definitely not a "blending in" outfit. I expected to walk into reception and to my room undetected. To my horror the place was humming ! It was full of young folk. Presumably, the whole coach load had arrived for some event taking place the following day.

So, I took a deep breath and walked straight through the crowd in my heels, PVC waist clincher and crinoline skirt as if nothing was up :whistling: got into the lift and back to my room. Amazingly, only one person in the crowd gave me The Look but I'm sure my Christmas tree fairy outfit must have been noticed by a few.

SandiBluffs
06-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Yes was my first time. I got all dressed and spray perfume on and walked down hall for ice...my heart was pounding and was a rush for sure.