PDA

View Full Version : Breastforms - round or teardrop shape?

Clare
05-14-2005, 05:27 AM
How do you determine whether round or teardrop breastforms are better for you?

Does it depend on your body shape (i'm a big chested / large shoulders male) or should they be suitable for your clothing style?

Hard decision to make from a catalogue!!!

Any suggestions

Tristen Cox
05-14-2005, 05:44 AM
Honestly I am of the 'opinion' wide = wide. Too round may not go around your chest well enough to look natural. Oval (teardrop) are the ones I use now, to go a step further depending on your size, triangle are available too. Make sure before you buy. Hope that helps :o

rchlho
05-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Christine, my forms I got from SiliconeWorks are fabulous, the best $100 I ever spent. I am large like you and went with the round version size 10 which makes me a 40D. I hope this helps but if not I would just do some research on the internet to see what different vendors sites say. Take care.

Rachel :)

Vivian Best
05-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Hi Christine,

My experience has been to think about how your upper body is shaped. I'm basically an inverted pyramid. Wide shoulders and tapers to waist. Under my arms is somewhat large so I don't want additional bulk under the arms so I would buy teardrop (I wear it so the tear part extends up in the bra to give shape there) or triangle shape.

If you are basically straight up and down then you would want some of the form to extend toward the underarm. Hope this helps.

Vivian :o

Lady Jayne
05-14-2005, 07:39 AM
I had some ovals and found them difficult to cover completly in anything but a full cup bra, now have the triangles in a size 5 I love them but would have gone for a size 4 if I'd tried them!
If you can you really need to try them.

Linda-x
05-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Teardrop is commonly recomended, and is what I have.

Shanna GG
05-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Personally I use the shoulders to determine, broad shoulders have a wider chest and more room to fill so I would generally go with round. Slanted or narrow shoulders generally have an easier time with the more close frame/femine look and I would suggest the tear shaped.

Donna Delite
05-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Mine are teardrop, very realistic