PDA

View Full Version : The High School Prom ....

Toni_Lynn
06-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I decided to post this question as a separate thread rather than thread-jack the one about high school. In that thread I saw some mention of the prom, and so my question is: how many of you underdressed at your high school promo (or other school formal dance).

I did for both my junior and senior proms. Under my tux (grey for the senior -- something with a crushed blue velvet lapels (or was the jacket crushed velvet):daydreaming: I think for my junior -- so very 70s! -- ugh!) I definitely was wearing nylon bikini panties and a teen bra (soft cup).

I know I know .. wasn't I planning on some romance that night. Actually no. I was so darned innocent at the time, that I sure didn't want to be like the 'bad crowd' :o

How about the rest of you -- underdressed at the prom?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

DonnaT
06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I din't go to any school dances. Didn't know how to dance, for one, and the only girl I had a crush on for 6 yrs only wanted to be friends.

Karren H
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Not me....Mainly because after the prom I planned and did get naked!!! hahaha

Lisa Rose
06-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Never did go to a prom. Really screwed up the Home Coming Dance my Freshman year so I was too afraid to try again.

I did try to get in as a 'couple' with a drinking friend of mine because the entry fee for couples was $.50 cheaper than 2 singles. They wouldn't let us in without paying for 2 singles. I think we could file for discrimination in today's environment. :tongueout:cheers::w00t:

Jilmac
06-20-2008, 07:10 PM
I never went to prom when I was in school so I didn't have a chance to underdress there. But I did go to a halloween dance as a girl when I was sixteen. Dors that count? :D Luv and :hugs: Jill

Terry V
06-20-2008, 07:18 PM
I went to my Jr. and Sr. prom and my dates were knock outs but the only thing I could think of is how good they looked and why couldn't I wear that dress. Many of my early memories involved the whys of why I couldn't wear this or that and the pain of keeping such a secert and thinking all the time that something was very wrong with me. I thought these kind of thoughts meant that I was a homosexual but I knew that was wrong because the girls I dated said. in my mind, that was wrong.So I was one screwed up kid for a long time. Now thank god I know what I am and I have come to peace with it.

Farrah
06-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm with Karen on that. Now maybe the next day I may have dressed.

TxKimberly
06-20-2008, 07:19 PM

I KNEW you were a bad girl! (assuming of course you weren't naked alone! lol)

By the way, love your new avatar. ;-)

Amy Hepker
06-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I never went to any dances, I always wanted to go in a prom dress or a beautiful dress of some kind.

boy2girl31
06-20-2008, 09:32 PM
If i am thinking of the correct thread of which you were referring then I mentioned in it that I was on the cheerleading squad in it. Anyway one of the girl's moms was a seemstress and she was making identical dresses for all the cheerleaders. I passed it up when all the girls had a laugh. Wish I would have done it.

Kayla_CD
06-20-2008, 10:21 PM
When I was in high school I was still figuring out how to be a boy, I had no idea I could get the best of both worlds back then.

CD Susan
06-21-2008, 03:03 AM
I never went to a high school dance. I hated dancing back then and feel the same way today. I was born with two left feet.

Laurie909
06-21-2008, 03:12 AM
My school didn't have a prom. Some kids organized a clandestine prom, but they got found out and it was busted up.

Angie G
06-21-2008, 06:38 AM
No I never did but now wished I had. :hugs:
Angie

SarahLynn
06-21-2008, 11:36 PM
I went to both proms JR and SR but dressed as myself. Yeah all guy back then despite having a strange side which would not see the light of day for many years. Both proms were stupid in my eyes. The kids who went only wanted to get it over with so they could go makeout in their cars. Neither of my dates were, "That kind of girl" until later in their lives. I found out later, several years later, they both had children out of wedlock. And were on welfare and drugs until they had the kids taken away and both ended up the wrong side of grass. Sometimes it pays to be a workaholic in school.:D

SarahLynn

Cristi
06-21-2008, 11:44 PM

SO did I!! But I was alone at the time, so it didn't really count. :eek:

TxKimberly
06-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Didn't get the chance to find out what I might have done. I skipped the Prom and in fact that whole last year of school and was in the US Army when my peers had their prom.

tamarav
06-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Went to my Senior prom because a girl in one of my classes wanted to go and didn't have a date. We had fun, but I was just checking out all the beautiful dresses. I wore pantyhose, very racy in those days...

did get naked later, by myself..

Tami

Karren H
06-22-2008, 08:18 AM
I KNEW you were a bad girl! (assuming of course you weren't naked alone! lol)

By the way, love your new avatar. ;-)

LOL Thanks. Kim... and of coarse I wasn't alone.... for any of them!! It was the standard way of "getting into thier prom dress" hahaha

Jennifer in CO
06-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't remember much about my Jr Prom other than I was running the popcorn machine (no date). No clue about what I was wearing either. Senior year...different story. I was a "good boy" so I had no plan of "doing" anything after Prom. Under my tux was my prevention device...white lacy panties with panty hose...hope my sister didn't mind...

Wedding a whole diffferent story. Wife and I were wearing matching bra/cami/panty/garterbelt/hose. It took us a few extra minutes when we went to change before leaving needless to say:o. It was winter when we left so no one saw that under our matching red down coats we wore matching while silk blouses over matching red jeans (with the underdressings still in place). OK...people DID see them when we got on the plane. We wern't thinking that far ahead about having to take off our coats later. Got a few odd looks when we got off the plane in Houston since it was still in the low 70's when we got there. Thankfully at that point it was close to midnight so not too many people noticed us. Since this is a family show we'll leave it at that point...

Jenn

morgan pure
06-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I never went to my prom. Couldn't go in a dress in those days.

BUT-the first time I went to Night of a Thousand Gowns it was like the prom I never went to. It was glorious-in the Hilton in midtown. The room was full of beautiful young people, tall handsome impeccably dressed men, and tall thin, dramatically dressed girls. I made a blue satin boat neck shirt waisted dress with five petticoats and a mother of pearl broach I had borrowed from my wife. I was in heaven!
Morgan