PDA

View Full Version : Ran out the door with out thinking

Carroll
06-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Yesterday I was in the house wearing a dress, wig and forms when I heard an odd sounding plane fly over. I ran out the door and saw this
:67549
I grabbed my video camera and jumped in the van and drove the mile to the end of the runway. Unfortunately it landed due to rather large T-Storm in the area. It was at this point I realized I was standing on the side of the road with my camcorder en femme. I calmly got back in the van and went home.

What can I say...I love planes!

Deborah Jane
06-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I would think it,s easy done Carroll, i could imagine myself doing something similar!!
Sometimes when something interests us we forget everything else in our desire to see it.

Dakota
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Awsome pic of that A10 thunderbolt II. Always loved that plane!

Natalia
06-21-2008, 03:43 PM
The A10 Warthog is identifiable by it's sound...it sounds exactly like unexpected immediate death from above...:battingeyelashes:

(ex army)

tranny janny
06-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Hi, It's funny how comfortable we can get, enfem, that we can forget and just run out of our protective cocoon without thinking. Any whistles or Horn honks? Luv, Jan

jennifer41356
06-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I live near a small airport here in north Dallas and they have a museum with about 5 operational WW II planes and they are out every couple of months....sometimes they get a B17 or a B24 that comes up from Harligen Tx, truly awesome:love:

Tina Dixon
06-21-2008, 04:36 PM
:heehee:Two thrills all at once:thumbsup:

carhill2mn
06-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Last week I did a similar thing. I was wearing a straight skirt and a pink top and I was online. Suddenly it started to hail. We had recently planted flowers and some were in pots sitting along sidewalk. I thought that I should move these pots so that they would be under the eaves.
I grabbed a hooded jacket, slipped on a pair of low-heeled wedgies and rushed out into the rain and hail. I grabbed the first pot and moved it by the front door. I turned around to get the second pot and realized that my next door lady and a lady from two houses away were standing under the eaves of the garage next door watching the hail and me! I grabbed the second pot, rushed to the front door,set it down and went inside. The rest of the pots were closer to where the two women were standing so, I decided that they would have to survive the hail on their own.
I wondered what either of these women would say the next time I talked to them. I realized that they maybe couldn't see that I was wearing a skirt as there is a wooden slatted fence between our yards. I have spoken to each of them several times since and neither has mentioned the incident!

Carroll
06-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Any whistles or Horn honks?

None that I noticed :)

The A10 Warthog is identifiable by it's sound...it sounds exactly like unexpected immediate death from above...

Thats what caught my attention, the whining of those TF-34 turbofan. Very unique.

TxKimberly
06-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Pretty sure that's the A10 Warthog - a plane designed specifically to fly relatively low and slow and kill tanks. i think it got the nick name "Warthog" because it's not terribly pretty to look at it, but it IS very good at it's job. :-)

Pamela Julie
06-21-2008, 06:40 PM
The sound of it's cannon firing is even more unique than the engine sound. The A-10 is actually a flying tank. It was designed to take ground fire with only superficial damage and it's engines were mounted above the horizontal stabilizer so that Stinger type missles can not get an infrared lock on it's exhaust. The cockpit and avionics are in a titanium armored "bathtub". If I were to hear one, I might run outside enfemme by accident to see it. I am an aviation nut and might even forget I had no clothes on.:eek:

Pamela:)

Angie G
06-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Carrol it a A10 WORTHOG HUN IT'S AN ANTI TANK SUBSONIC JET :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
06-21-2008, 08:11 PM
That Jet is really cool, I go out and get the mail dressed every once in a while like today I did with my new top on and my girl jeans on.

Jodi
06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes, the warthog is a cool aircraft. Nothing like calling for fire on the ground and have those wonderful A-10's come out of nowhere and deliver the ordinance right on target. As a grunt soldier, I used to bless those planes and the flyboys who flew them. You can't beat the smell of nalpalm in the morning.

Jodi

Sharon
06-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I just wonder if they charge passengers for serving them a soda.

:heehee:

victoriamwilliams1
06-21-2008, 08:49 PM
All can say is wow! I know those moments where you forget.

Princess29
06-21-2008, 08:50 PM
cool story

Christinedreamer
06-21-2008, 09:12 PM
About 15 years agi I was working on a job in Wichita (first time back since I was born there), visiting a CD friend and doing some square dance dress shopping.

There was an air show with several WW2 aircraft and we HAD to go, The biggest thrill was meeting, talking to and getting autographs of the crew of the Enola Gay. Talking to Paul Tibbets himself was a real priveledge and honor.

Sadly he and his navigator recently passed away. But the memory will last with me forever.

If you ever get the chance to see a show like that and go through the planes , do it! You will gain a new respect for what the avaitors of that era endured for our safety and freedom.

No, I was not en femme as it was too hot and I don't do well in heat.

vivianann
06-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Thanks for sharing your story, we all can relate.

KateSpade83
06-22-2008, 06:05 AM
Around NASA you see cool NASA planes. One looked like a NASA U2.

krisla
06-22-2008, 07:44 AM
If you think the engines sound cool you should hear it's gatling gun, it sounds like a buzz saw. Cool.

Denise Anne
06-22-2008, 08:19 AM
When I was in the USAF I was stationed in England and we were the first combat ready wing of A-10's in the Air Force. This was in the late 70's. They were going to retire the A-10 until the Gulf War happened and they realized how good it was at it's job. They are awesome planes.

Jenny Beth
06-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I've heard that fighter pilots joke about the A10's slow speed saying that instead of an air speed indicator it has a calendar.

debbeelee1
06-22-2008, 11:36 AM
That Warthog is a mean machine! Glad he's on our side. I have a couple of spent 30 mm shells from the cannon of an A-10 that my kid brought home from the mid-east.

Remember the one that went down in Colorado somewhere when the pilot took off and ran out of fuel?

Veronica 1
06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Instinctive reactions can sometimes be funny, like the time I was dressed and close to the front door when the bell rang. Without thinking I opened the door to find two police officers standing there, oops.
The Warthog is one of my favorite planes and my favorite computer game allows me to fly one.

jessielee
06-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Awsome pic of that A10 thunderbolt II. Always loved that plane!
me too! otherwise known as the wart hog. i would have done the same. good job!
jessie
plane crazy

serinalynn
06-22-2008, 01:17 PM
None that I noticed :)

Thats what caught my attention, the whining of those TF-34 turbofan. Very unique.

That TF-34 Turbo Fan was also used on the U.S. Navy's S-3B Viking and the sailors who worked the Viking gave it the nik name "Hoover" (as in vacuum cleaner) for the unique sound of the engines.

RachelVTTV
06-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I have had the privlage of seeing the damage up close and personal. I got to work with the AF SO teams when they were training at Ft Drum. Got to watch a live fire straffing run that started, what seemed to me, a bit too close. The A10 came in from behind and to the right of us, then the gun opened fire less than 700 meters away. There are two very destictive sounds from the main gun. Was told the first is the actual gun firing and the second was the rounds breaking the sound barrier after leaving the barrels. Was given one of the empty casings.

The plane is also very tough. I have seen damage pictures that forced me to wonder how it was still in the air. Credit to the pilot and the plane.

linnea
06-23-2008, 06:43 PM
I guess that this is the danger in getting very comfortable with our femme selves: we may forget that we are wearing the clothes that we love so well at times when we would, perhaps, not want the world to see us. I've done it; i'm sure others have too. It could be much worse.