PDA

View Full Version : Nail polish remover - other uses

Sarah Ellis
05-14-2005, 12:12 PM
It does wonders if you get permanent marker on you... mine exploded all over my hands just now and it did the trick and removed the lot..

Satin xxx

shelly
05-14-2005, 12:31 PM
cleaning oil/lubricant off bicyle disc brakes works wonders and is alot cheaper than using the regular stuff,totally off topic

~Sweet~
05-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Its also great for removing the sticky glue left on your windows from tape or stickers. It also removes stains from carpets.

Julie York
05-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Mixed with Cola it makes an interesring cocktgnnnnmmmmmnfdqw,

MonaSmith
05-14-2005, 02:47 PM
But don't use it on any shiny plastic things if you want them to remain shiny!!!

juneuk
05-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I have seen it used on car windscreens. Once a car has been washed all over take a cloth and some nail polish remover and polish your windscreen with it.
Only a small amount and try not to get it on the rubber.
In the rain the water just falls off the glass, almost no need for wipers.

You need to use the liquid type as the cream just makes a mess and you won't be able to see out at all ;)

Melissa A.
05-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Julie, you caught me off guard there. Almost fell off the couch laughing. Thank you.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Tamara Croft
05-14-2005, 04:41 PM
When you write on a CD (not that kinda cd) a disc... with perm marker, a bit of nail polish remover on a cotton wool ball will remove that too :D

~Tammy~
05-18-2005, 03:14 AM
When you write on a CD (not that kinda cd) a disc... with perm marker, a bit of nail polish remover on a cotton wool ball will remove that too :D

Just make sure its acetone free or it'll probably burn a whole in it :)

While the acetone based remover I've used a few times to remove thermal compound from a computer CPU/heatsink. It evapourates after to leave it nice and clean.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if you stop your pretty cup holder cabinet from functioning or if it starts billowing purple smoke when you turn it back on!

Crystal_sub
05-18-2005, 03:59 AM

I guess it would also romove the data in that CD.....

RachelDenise
05-18-2005, 04:56 AM
It also removes Super-glue!

DonnaT
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
melts styrofoam pretty good too :rolleyes:

Sharon
05-18-2005, 12:44 PM
I have recently discovered that it works well on removing oil-based stains from your skin.

Sigrid
05-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Nail polish remover is without a doubt some very nasty stuff. Please just remember that after you use it to remove your nail polish (yes it works well for that too!), that you need to wash your hands thoroughly and then apply moistureizer to the nails.

~Sigrid

Julie York
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
I have found that as a nasal spray it not only clears your sinuses but it has a sort of calming effect that sgsgsgs ff n bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbb

Katrina
05-18-2005, 05:09 PM
I have found that as a nasal spray it not only clears your sinuses but it has a sort of calming effect that sgsgsgs ff n bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbb

Julie you crack me up!

Felicity
05-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Actally, CD's are made out of one of the few types of plastic that are resistant to acetone... However... strong alcohol will hurt CD/DVD as the polycarbonate breaks down with alcohol!

Girls, keep in mind there is the acetone type remover wich is nothing more than perfumed acetone. Acetone can be bough real cheap by the gallon. Many newer formulations are not acetone. It may be wise to specify which type you discovered the use for.

Tamara Croft
05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I guess it would also romove the data in that CD.....
Uhmm.... no it wouldn't. But it has to be acetone free... yes Tam said that. You don't wanna see what pure acetone can do :eek: :eek: especially on a teak polished table :rolleyes: