PDA

View Full Version : laughing so hard

Christinedreamer
06-22-2008, 09:19 PM
There was a thread started about kids doing something to disrupt a CD session. Yesterday, I had a similar experience but not with kids- with the monthly invasion of the Jehovah's Wintnesses.

The MCC church I belong to has JW neighborhood incursions as a frequent topic of discussion. A few of the guys said they always say "Let me get my husband" when the missionaries want to start the prostheletyzing.

Yesterday morning I was still lounging in my floor length pink peignoir watching "The King and I" ON DVD when they rang the bell. I have a front door camera so I could see who it was. I was not totally en femme- no wig or makeup- just my pink nails and a gorgeous pink peignoir.

I have seen them making notes when they invade a neighborhood as to which house has dogs, where they were told to "get a life and leave us alone!" etc.

I decided that since I was missing the dance scene in the movie (my fave scene) I would just return the favor and give THEM a show. I answered the door in my best drama queen/**** manner and after they finished staring and before they could beat a retreat to pray for the devil in their presence, I invited them in.

Needless to say they declined but said perhaps another time. I responded I was always dressed and ready to meet the world so come back anytime.

Betcha I am in the notebooks now! I still get a chuckle everytime I think about it. Y'all might want to give ut a try!

Christine

Sally2005
06-23-2008, 01:25 AM
I can't stand being interrupted. I've often thought about doing what you did. Would love to be prepared enough to do a reverse sale on someone knocking on my door to sell me something, "hey...you sould like a great salesperson, then you will see the value in what I have for you..." keep talking, don't let them say anything, etc. etc... chase after them as they run away.

Leasa Wells
06-23-2008, 04:45 AM
I too get the Jehovah's Wintnesses and you know that was a great idea you had. I cant wait till they invade my neighborhood next.

Lisa Lee

Suzie S.
06-23-2008, 05:02 AM
:thumbsup: Good for you Christine! I'd love to have seen the looks on their faces!

AshleyCD
06-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Yup, open the door as a man in a dress to most any religious group coming to your door to "convert" you and they probably won't be back.:devil:

jennifer41356
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
did they give you this look:confused2: or this:hypnotized:

and did you do this to them:kickbutt:

KimberlyS
06-23-2008, 02:03 PM
ROFL, LOL, ROFL, LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kate Simmons
06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
You are probably on the "do not call on" list.:)

Niya W
06-23-2008, 05:08 PM
um last time I had those types show up, it was a bit different. It was an older guy and a young adult male. They both were wearing trench coats and those mirror sun glass and the older guy was wearing a hat that Carry Grant would wear.(i'm not that old I just get TV land) In a very dry voice the younger one spoke. he said region is is like name brand loyalty. The whole time I'm thinking this just does not look right. Either they are want a be G men or some head cases . For some reason I just envisioned them driving an crown vic with the baby moon hub caps, or a all whit van with the windows tinted out.

Amy Hepker
06-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I answered the door to a pizza person one time years ago, it was a young girl and I was wearing a bright Blue cotton dress that I really liked. She did not say much except to tell me how much it was and Thank you when I gave her the money and a tip. She was surprised as I was totally made up but had my male voice.

Rachel Morley
06-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I would just return the favor and give THEM a show. I answered the door in my best drama queen/**** manner
Love it! Nice one! ... I would love to do this but I'm too chicken :o

Niya W
06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
I answered the door to a pizza person one time years ago, it was a young girl and I was wearing a bright Blue cotton dress that I really liked. She did not say much except to tell me how much it was and Thank you when I gave her the money and a tip. She was surprised as I was totally made up but had my male voice.
Lol I get dresses at a local establishment. The UPS and fedex are use to it. The pizza guy well um freaked

Tina Dixon
06-23-2008, 05:51 PM
:heehee:At lease you had one of your nicer nighties on and not some old flannel thing.

donnalee
06-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Did answer the door in some old flannel thing; it was UPS with a package I was in a hurry to get. The driver never even blinked; said "sign here" I signed, he gave me the package, and that was that.

Jodi
06-23-2008, 07:21 PM
About 25 years ago, I was invaded one Saturday morning by three young mormon males (you know--the black pants, white shirts, and black neckties). They were just not taking no for an answer. This was the timeframe when the Donnie & Marie show was popular. One of the young men pushed a paper at me to read. It was a copy of an article about Marie Osmond. He implored me to read it. I glanced at the article for a minute or so and handed it back to him. He asked me if I had learned anything. I casually said yes. I sure would like to f##k Marie Osmond. They were gone in a flash, and I never saw them again.

Jodi

serinalynn
06-23-2008, 07:55 PM
About 25 years ago, I was invaded one Saturday morning by three young mormon males (you know--the black pants, white shirts, and black neckties). They were just not taking no for an answer. This was the timeframe when the Donnie & Marie show was popular. One of the young men pushed a paper at me to read. It was a copy of an article about Marie Osmond. He implored me to read it. I glanced at the article for a minute or so and handed it back to him. He asked me if I had learned anything. I casually said yes. I sure would like to f##k Marie Osmond. They were gone in a flash, and I never saw them again.

Jodi

Outstanding!!!! Jodi :thumbsup:

Charona
06-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Many years ago I was visited by either the Seventh Day Adventists or the Jehovah's Witnesses - I never found out which. They allowed as how they would like to spend some time sharing the Word of God with me. I asked "Which version?" That seemed to throw them off, and they left quickly. I was quite ready to go get my copy of the Koran. I figured they might have trouble finding their quotes in that.