PDA

View Full Version : I've been relatively open in relationships, now reconsidering

MalibuJenny
06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm in my mid-40's now and came to terms with my CDing about 10-15 years ago. The Internet was instrumental in realizing I was not alone and the resources out there helped to get my analytical little mind around all this. I also found a therapist that specialized in gender issues and that was hugely beneficial.

I'm also single, so have the luxury of gaining this understanding before getting married. I fully realize how hard it must be to be in the other situation... To finally understand and accept this part of yourself and then be faced with the specter of if and when you should break the news to your wife.

So, over the last decade or so I decided to be relatively open in my relationships, as I'm an open person in general and always felt like it was the right thing to do. Always felt a bit hypocritical talking at great depth and connecting emotionally while holding such a big thing back, especially since CDing is very much intertwined in my sexuality.

But guess what? That hasn't worked out very well at all. I usually have 'the conversation' when we start get get sexually intimate because it seems that is the time when my SO has the right to know. I know I'd feel that way if the situation was reversed.

The problem with telling someone before there is real commitment is that it's very easy for them to throw their hands up in the air, chat with a couple of friends (who all tell them to run away as fast as they can) and then proceed to do just that. After all, they really aren't totally committed and so why get in further with someone with such an unusual situation?

And what's interesting is that I always come at this from a very positive perspective. I've always thought that if you disclose something with your head down and from a place of shame, that it will be received as the same. So, even though I've been honest and forth-right and not all embarrassed, for the most part I get dumped over this issue.

I've never had anyone just stand up and declare it's over, but most my girlfriends have thought about it, talked with others and then decided they just weren't up for all this.

A couple then remained friends and even enjoyed my dressing from that perspective. They just don't want to be romantically involved with a crossdresser. At least, if they know this early on.

But it occurred to me that this is all too easy... That because there is no long-term commitment they can just move on to the next person and take their chances.

I know philosophically that I want to be open and honest but I also know that if I waited until after I was married that we'd be almost forced to work through this.

Of course, things could still end badly but at least we'd both be much more motivated to fight for our relationship.

I assure you this line of thinking is totally against how I usually see things and I always feel like honesty is the best policy. But how long do I stick to my sooner-rather-than-later approach when it continues to cause the end of my relationships?

Just thinking out loud here and would appreciate feedback.

Jen

tracigirl_tv
06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
.... But how long do I stick to my sooner-rather-than-later approach when it continues to cause the end of my relationships?

Jen

Jenny, in this girl's opinion, the answer to your question is "forever."

I've been on both sides of the equation.....hiding it for years until I couldn't anymore and watching the relationship implode, and then being upfront from the start. Now, I was more fortunate than you in the latter case, met a woman who turned out to be understanding, encouraging and supportive. I hear the frustration in your post, but I have no doubt that you are taking the right tack in practicing "full disclosure."

Just my :2c:

Happiness to you.

*huggg*

Traci

DonnaT
06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Being open is still the right thing to do. Sure, relationships may end because you were open, but that is a whole lot better than being so in love and committed, and then having the relationship end after telling.

Believe me, you are doing yourself and her a favor. Fighting to prevent the relationship from ending is hard, and there's no guarantee that a year or two down the road, things wouldn't fall apart anyway. So there's a couple of years wasted. A couple of years during which the right person for you has gone by and you missed finding her.

Sarah...
06-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Jenny, I think you should stick to your approach, its honest. I wish I'd be honest earlier than I did. You're a good example.

Hugs

Sarah...

MalibuJenny
06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I really appreciate the replies and support.

I want to underscore that I've always loved being a CD... I did hide it for a while but never had that much guilt or shame and have never, ever purged or vowed to stop.

And I even told my best male friend even though I knew he'd take it badly. Which he most certainly did. I just thought it was dishonest to withhold something so big when the two of us shared everything else.

But the question of when to tell in a romantic situation is still very tough. Certainly, before marriage is more than logical and even ethical but maybe I should wait until after engagement?

I really do want to be married and have children and this isn't happening for me and I'm trying to re-think my approach.

The irony is that I meet plenty of great women. I have a huge social circle and at the risk of being immodest, it's not hard for me to find quality women to date.

I just can't seem to get past this issue and sometimes I feel like *I* may be making too much of it, considering that it's a small part of who I am.

CaptLex
06-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Jenny, have you tried meeting women that may frequent places where CDs hang out? Is there a local club that has a CD night, for example? Maybe another CD friend knows someone who can introduce you? There are women who like to date CDs, the question is where to find them in your area. Someone here may know. :idontknow:

DonnaT
06-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I just can't seem to get past this issue and sometimes I feel like *I* may be making too much of it, considering that it's a small part of who I am.

A number of CDs have said the same thing, got married, and if discovered, lost either their spouses trust or love. Too many have lost their relationship with their children as well. So, not only does the woman they loved now dislike them, the kids they loved may also. Hard enough losing one person.

sheerhot
06-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Jen,
First, it's not a small part of who you are.
Second, you are doing exactly the right thing in terms of disclosure.
You don't want to trap someone. The resentment they would have over your lack of candor would be major.
You will find an agreeable partner.

MalibuJenny
06-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Lex, yes I've gone that route.

It's been fun but the truth is that CDing is a small part of who I am and what I want out of a relationship. So, using that as a filter means you start with a very small amount of people and greatly reduces the odds of connecting in many other ways, all of which are important to me.

I have no expectation that my SO would even participate in my CDing. I've had that experience and it's been nice, but the way I always put it to my girlfriends is that I just wanted them to know and that I'm not asking anything from them.

And frankly, because I've had several women share my CDing, I don't feel this huge pent-up need to unleash my dressing on a girlfriend/wife. I just need them to accept this part of me on some level, even if that just means they know I need to dress on my own sometimes.

And even though this thread is about me, I decided to start it because these issues are always such big ones for crossdressers. And because more and more of us are coming to terms *before* we enter a relationship, it appears this all may be more complex than initially thought.

jenalex
06-23-2008, 01:02 PM
So, over the last decade or so I decided to be relatively open in my relationships, as I'm an open person in general and always felt like it was the right thing to do. Always felt a bit hypocritical talking at great depth and connecting emotionally while holding such a big thing back, especially since CDing is very much intertwined in my sexuality.

But guess what? That hasn't worked out very well at all. I usually have 'the conversation' when we start get get sexually intimate because it seems that is the time when my SO has the right to know. I know I'd feel that way if the situation was reversed.

The problem with telling someone before there is real commitment is that it's very easy for them to throw their hands up in the air, chat with a couple of friends (who all tell them to run away as fast as they can) and then proceed to do just that. After all, they really aren't totally committed and so why get in further with someone with such an unusual situation?

Yes indeed; while telling someone before there is real commitment is obviously the correct thing to do, it hasn't done much for any of my potential relationships.

The only way it seems to work is to be completely open, to make sure someone knows right at the start of showing interest ("you know about me, right?"), and before that is obviously much better still. But that basically means everyone knows, which isn't always a good idea.

Problems problems :bonk:

jennifer41356
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Jenny

I too came to that conclusion when I first started to explore my fem side.I realized it was a lot to ask of someone to accept if they didnt feel comfortable with the way i am , so i pretty much have decided it is better and more fun to be alone. I dont have to worry about the hassles. If someone accepts you in the beginning what will keep them from changing their minds once you are in a long term relationship.

I am glad i dont have to ask someone if it is ok to shave my legs, pierce my ears or when I can wear a skirt. I know I have given up a chance to experience a loving relationship with a woman, but like i said earlier, I dont want to have to put anyone thru that.

I know there are women out thier who seem to embrace their SO fem side, and I have read some of their wonderful posts, but I think that they are in the minority. I would think you would have a better chance with meeting an open minded gal on the west coast , that I would here in Dallas

But alas, i dont let it get me down. I enjoy this gift I have and cherish it so much. I think I was meant to a female, and that may be why I dont seem to meet many women
anway hang in there cutie:love::2c:

linnea
06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm in the situation where my SO doesn't know, but I wish that I had been open and honest about my CDing from the start. Now it is terrifying to think about what might happen if I reveal all. I carry a load of guilt and stress and remorse for not having told.
I think that you're taking the right approach: better disappointments now than later after a lot of water has flowed under the bridge.

Jenny, I think you should stick to your approach, its honest. I wish I'd be honest earlier than I did. You're a good example.

Hugs

Sarah...

Emily Anderson
06-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Just to put another spin on things: It's also possible to meet a girl who is initially accepting, but changes her mind somewhere down the line (like after two years in my case). What do you do then? No need for an answer, but just to mention that it's also possible.

Having said that, I do believe that it is better to be up front, because CD'ing is not widely accepted and you certainly don't want to be in a position of having to hide it away for a while (maybe a long while), and then taking the "hit" later on.

Kristen Marie
06-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I am not out fully to my wife and we share some fun times together, so I may not give the best advice. But...

Several of the ladies I have met over the years....my electrolysist, massage therapist, my makeover ladies, and a few females I know from different sites who I have now met and chatted with face to face, understand that Kristen is only a part of me and not all of me. They know me as a guy and as Kristen, and realize that she is an important part of who I am. They seemed to get it.

If I could have the ideal arrangment, it sure would be nice if I had met someone who shared both those views of me....but alas, that is not the case.

gennee
06-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm fortunate that I have a spouse and son who accept my CDing. It took a while for my wife but my son has always been cool :cool: with my dressing. His g/f has a cousin who cross dresses and is gay.

I was married 25 years when I discovered that I was CD/TG. Now things are better than ever.

Gennee

:)

Nadia-Maria
06-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm also single, so have the luxury of gaining this understanding before getting married. I fully realize how hard it must be to be in the other situation...

(...)

Jenny, your testimony is very interesting, because it sounds real life.

I use to read here about marvelous stories with very accepting GG's and honesty being always the best policy from the very beginning. Of course I feel happy for all CD's involved in such stories, however I doubt it is that common on real life. They are the happy few, I mean, and certainly not the standard CDer.

When I dated my current SO, 5 yrs ago, I was not yet aware to be a TGirl. I thought I had crossdressed lifelong only for not being able to date a very sexy girl. Hence, since my new SO was the most sexy girl I could dream of, I was sure I would stop quickly CDing.

Of course I did not stop CDing, and after 4 yrs I understood - thanks to this forum - I'm a TGirl for my whole life ; so that I came out last year to my SO with the result she accepts I crossdress in her absence.

The truth is she would not have wanted to live with me, if she had knew from the beginning I was a CDer. Now my crossdressing is no big deal for her, however I don't feel myself fully accepted by her.

I am convinced that if you needn't participation of your future wife in your CDing, a good policy is to delay your coming out after being both committed (although obviously not yet married).

If you need full cooperation of your future wife, the only (?) choice is to come out at the very beginning.

Kisses

Nadia

deja true
06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
A good point about the attempt to meet understanding and accepting women for us has been made in a few earlier threads and has not come up here yet...

Taking the example of so many of the new young ones who've joined us recently, it seems that their luck with finding or holding on to an SO after the big reveal, often comes about because the young ladies are often from particular fields of interest...

Women particularly involved with the arts seem to be much more accepting of us on the whole than others. Painters, musicians, theatre people, dancers, ...

They already live in a world of forward thinking and liberal tastes and trends. You may have more luck in companions with backgrounds in the arts.

Real Estate, finance, development, law, big business....even for women in these fields, the thinking is more analytical, as it is for men, and I'm thinking the analytical mindset is the one that weighs the odds of success from the very beginning and would rationally turn down an invitation to get involved with someone with a "curious" background.

Look for those who care about sentiment and fantasy and dreams, not the ones whose careers revolve around the 'bottom line'. The bottom line is, that life with a cross dresser is gonna be too weird for the average lady who usually wears a suit.

Laura_Stephens
06-23-2008, 03:58 PM
I wish I would have told my wife before we married even if it meant that I would have been alone for the rest of my life.

charlie
06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Hello Jenny!
Your post is a good one, and has received several on target answers. My journey being a CD has told me that most women and the society in general is certainly less then accepting of CDing and generally sees us as perverts and slightly mentally unbalanced. The society as a whole will grudgingly accept someone being gay, but cross dressing ...no! Women who date want to have their Prince Charming. A man who opens doors for them, is prosperous and is manly in every way. Does being a CD right off the bat fit into this paradigm? If your up and coming SO did not know this for a few months would it be deceitful? I think not. Wait until you know your date well and think she might handle it before dropping the neutron bomb right off the bat.

MalibuJenny
06-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I think one the biggest issues is that as a guy, there is nothing that would hint of this side of me. I appear to be quite conservative (although I don't see myself that way, perception is reality), I'm athletic, masculine, and a businessman.

So, I attract those that like those qualities... And then the CDing thing is so completely different from that. Which, ironically, is probably why I love it so much.

I don't tend to attract the artsy, free-spirited types because they aren't typically into guys like me.

Just another one of the many CDing paradoxes!

jill s
06-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I always think that if I had it to do over I would have been up front with my wife , instead of waiting 23 years. But when I asked her if she would have married me if she knew before the look on her face and long pause before answering told me she wouldn't have. Rock&hard place type of deal. Good luck how ever it goes with the next one.

Holly
06-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Jenny, FWIW, I think you are absolutely right in doing what you are doing. There is no way, that you can't go to sleep at night with a clear conscience. Sorry if that is little comfort. On the positive side, however, when you do find the "one," you will be assured that she knows the whole you, warts and all and is willing to make a go of it. I would think the worry of what she will do if she finds out would be more stress than I would like to take on. **NOTE** Maybe it would be worth the effort to seek out some of the artsy ladies and give it a test run. :).

Fab Karen
06-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I think one the biggest issues is that as a guy, there is nothing that would hint of this side of me. I appear to be quite conservative (although I don't see myself that way, perception is reality), I'm athletic, masculine, and a businessman.

So, I attract those that like those qualities...

You also said that you meet "plenty of quality women to date"
What is your definition of that? What do the women who rejected you for being a CD have in common? Look at avoiding those common qualities.

Also if you appear quite conservative, then you'll attract women interested in someone conservative. Dress conservative for doing business if that's necessary, & then dress otherwise for your social life, in a way that shows you're not a conservative person. Get the advice of non-conservative friends on this.

MalibuJenny
06-23-2008, 07:01 PM
You also said that you meet "plenty of quality women to date"
What is your definition of that?

By 'quality' I just meant women that I'm attracted to and like for various reasons.

The only reason I said that is because the most common complaint of the single person is they don't meet enough people they want to go out with. But that's certainly not the case with me.

And I've dated all types. I don't really see a common quality.

Every time I meet someone new I always try and picture how they would handle the CD news. That in itself is a bit of a filter and I tend to stay away from the up-tight, not only for this particular reason but because I don't like that quality in general.

I did want to say that many on this forum make the comment about how they wished they would have come to terms with their gender issues before getting married. I think a big part of what I'm saying is that even when you do, things are still very difficult in terms of relationships.

donnalee
06-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Jenny-
"it's not hard for me to find quality women to date."
Perhaps they don't posses the right qualities. I think you're doing the right thing, but you must understand it may be a VERY long search.

Jonianne
06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
HI Jenny,

Just to throw my 2cents in, I do think you need to inform your future mate well before being too serious. And yes people do change their feelings after a while. I told my second wife just as soon as we started getting serious. And now even after we've been married, when she starts to worry a bit about it, she remarks to me, well its not like you didn't tell me from the start. Then we talk some more about it and I give her more assurance.

One thing that helped my wife from the begining was that I was doing volunteer work, helping paraplegics, and she watched me from a distance. She saw my heart, and said to herself, this is the kind of man I want to be with. (She related all this to me later)
So when the time came when I gave her the, "there's something about me that you need to know", she was willing to work through it.

bless you

smokey
06-23-2008, 07:29 PM
i think it's good you are being up front about it. i think it would be good to wait till a woman really knows your wonderful qualities so there's more of a balance..."CD scary...but all these wonderful qualities..." and not so easy to reject a relationship with you. not to hook someone in, but to get more the whole picture. how far that is i don't know.
talking about not finding a relationship to work out...i'm 54 years old and only married once for 5 years. a long haul finding a keeper. it can happen whether CD'ing is involved or not.
the conservative thing can be misleading. i'm fairly shy, reserved, may appear conservative. my SO appears very conservative, is in an analytical field, also reserved; but is quite open minded, accepting of walks of life, and crossdresses. you just never know till you get down deeper.
i think you're doing the right thing. timing is up to you.

sterling12
06-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Jenny, it really seems that you have a situation of "damned if you do, damned if you don't." I have run into the same problem, you show candor and really try to explain the situation to someone you care about. She turns around and asks for "advise" from her Girlfriends, Sisters, Mother, or whomever. Your not trying to come to a compromise or solution with one person....you have all kinds of strangers who are now involved in a decision about THE TWO OF YOU!

Here's the important part. I believe that revealing a secret like this to someone shows how much you do care! It is a very personal thing between the two people involved. If she "outed" you to others....she wasn't the person for you. I think you need someone who is strong and independent, someone who can think for themselves.

The words I would long to hear: "I love you, anything else such as your CD can be dealt with." "What counts is that we love one another." Anything less, would probably never work out. I think that is what your looking for.

Peace and Love, Joanie

EricaCD
06-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Jenny. Haven't been posting here for a year (long story) but I'm gonna unlurk long enough to say that you have been doing EXACTLY the right thing. Don't change - you will eventually find a happy ending, and it will be immensely the happier for having found it with no deceptions.

Good for you in sticking to the honest approach!

Erica

And now, back into hiding...

LuvMyBoy
06-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Jen - I don't know if you want input from a GG, but I was told by my friend after a very solid friendship had started, attraction was there for me, but nothing physical AT ALL had happened yet. I appreciated the fact that he told me and trusted me with this very tender area of his life before it went any further. It has not made me run away. But, I guess it was nice to have the choice. And it was nice to know before we got more involved cause the truth is, if you find someone who isn't gonna go for it once they know, then you might as well be honest up front cause life will just get more confusing and miserable and your heart will get broken. So, my advice, for what it is worth, is to hold out for someone who will love you no matter what you like to wear and can see what is inside your soul.

CD Susan
06-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Without any doubt the right decision here is to be totally honest with anyone at the very beginning of a relationship. I made the mistake of not doing this and hid this part of me from my wife for 15 years. I reached the point where I began to have such strong feelings of guilt and dishonesty that I felt the right thing to do was to tell my wife the truth about me. She was shocked to hear this and would not accept it. It is sad that she had such a closed mind over this but it was the way she felt about it and nothing would make her change her mind about it. We devorced because of this and that made me feel worse than I did before. I felt that I was responsible for making our marriage of 15 years a disaster for both of us and I could have prevented this by being honest and open about being a cd from the beginning. Both of our lives would have been different and for the better if I had been honest with her from the beginning. If I should ever meet another woman that interests me I will tell her everything before any serious relationship developes. Even if someone rejects me because of this it does not change the fact that it is the right thing to do.

Nadia-Maria
06-24-2008, 02:43 AM
Jenny-
"it's not hard for me to find quality women to date."
Perhaps they don't posses the right qualities. I think you're doing the right thing, but you must understand it may be a VERY long search.

I agree.

You are faced to a difficult choices and the right woman for you are not that many.
You attract different women. However those you like the most may have not the right temperamental traits.

For instance you may like women who love your self-confidence because they are lacking of it herselves. Whereas you need a stronger woman, more independant.
It's just an instance ; the problem may address another temperamental trait that you like but doesn't fit your personality in the CDing situation.

I'm another masculine person that no woman would think of me being a CD.
However my SO is a strong person. Sometimes it's difficult for me to accept her autority, because we are both strong people. I finally accept it because I might not get along so well with the standard profile of woman for me (what my ex was).

Love

Nadia

Lara Smith
06-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Wow! This is such and interesting and complicated thread. I think you are absolutely correct in what you are doing, but maybe you need to meet more women from different social strata.

I won't rehash my feelings on why women pick the men they do, but the keyword is men. It is so difficult for women to find true status in the society we live in (shallow though it may be) that few are willing to risk being with someone so honest as you (and pretty!)

Let me tell you a story. I was in Louisville on business and my favorite bar there is Stevie Ray's Blues Bar down on the river. I am in my very male persona at the moment, facial hair and all. There is a very attractive and at least 12 to 15 years my junior women near me who is with a guy with longish hair and a beard. Suddenly I have drinks and the waitress says they are from the lady in question. I go to her to thank her and the three of us get acquainted. He is a line worker in a Ford factory. It is obvious she is bored with him (too much to drink) but she is very polite. The bars there are open until dawn. She suggests she's in the mood for Techno music and we adjourn to a bar down the street. It is a gay bar. I have never seen so many absolutely gorgeous men in my life, all dancing with each other. Except for the fact they were gay; the men of every woman’s dreams were in this bar.

The woman it turns out, wasn't all that interested in Techno. What she really wanted to do was to see the drag review in the theatre in the back of the building. She just wanted to see the guys dressed as girls. Her date was very uncomfortable with all of it. I was having fun watching the girls. She eventually apologized for her date and took him home, giving me her card and contact information.

The woman and I got to know each other. She was very smart. She was also an aesthetician and worked just 100 miles from me in my state. There was a connection there that she sensed, and I know our meeting could have worked out to both of our fondest hopes and needs. I never told her that I was married, and because I was, no matter how badly I wanted to get to know her, I knew I would not let it happen. I know what she and I wanted and where it could have gone.

My point in this long post is, destiny turns on a dime. I wasn't looking. But it was there for the taking. This is a woman I never would have met if I were looking in my social circle. But she was a woman who was far superior to and much more in tune with what I needed than I would have found or met elsewhere.

On some levels I regret the missed opportunity. But it made me happy to know I had met a woman who would have loved to do my makeup and help me be as beautiful as I wanted to be. They are out there.

destinysgirl
07-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi Jen, hang in there! This coming from a straight woman 41 who never dated or even knew of cd befor. But here's my take and I wish for all you great cd woman out here....if dressing like a beautiful sexy woman is the worst thing my boyfriend wants to do.... I encourage it....fully! As apposed to cheating lying or beating me. Woman put up with such bs for years from men and they accept it, but cd... they won't even listen as to why you want to do this. I feel for all of you out there and I wish there were more girls like me to date such great cd people like you! Don't give up!

Michelle Charles
07-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I think you are absolutely correct in the path you've chosen. I think honesty is crucial to any relationship and this part of you is not going away, your future wife has a right to know up front. Much the same as you have a right to her "demons". building a relationship on truth is a key to a long lasting and loving one, and what a great example to set for kids in todays world....integrity!

Michelle

Ashley1
07-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Jen, I live in beach city in SoCal not too far from where you live, and I have lived here for a long time so I think that I have a little insight for the type of social circle that you live in. I have also read some of your previous posts, and know that you would most likely be a very good catch for some of the GG's in your social circle. However, as CD's, we are not acceptable to many of the people in a typical SoCal beach social circle, nor are we acceptable to many people in most parts of the U.S. as a possible mate and the father of a GG's children.

Perhaps the worst thing that could happen to you would for you to enter into a marriage without disclosure, father a child or children and then have your wife find out about your CD desires and decide that she could not live with it and seek a divorce.

I think that you are much better to continue to tell any GG up front as you have been doing and hope that you luck out and find one that you think is a suitable mate who will take you as a whole package, including the dressing, as a part of the marriage contract. You are an intelligent person, and I think that deep down you know that disclosure is really your only option. Really, you still have several years to achieve your ideal marriage so don't be in too big a rush. I hope that you are successful.:hugs:

:love:
Ashley

racquel
07-05-2008, 10:06 PM
But the question of when to tell in a romantic situation is still very tough. Certainly, before marriage is more than logical and even ethical but maybe I should wait until after engagement?
If you were to wait this long what pray tell would your girlfriend tell people when she called off the engagement?:eek:
It would seem that this would force her to 'out' you to all her friends and relatives as well as yours.I think you are on the correct path now.Be patient.Good luck.

StephanieF
07-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm in much the same boat as you, Jenny and it is frustrating, no question. It's one thing to be married and discover this part of you is much more important than you'd ever imagined and have to deal with it then, but by not telling her you could stir up a whole bunch of bad emotions in her including a feeling of being tricked & trapped. (and there's the whole separate issue of kids)

If you go that route, you're knowingly starting a relationship based partly on deceit and when the time comes you feel you need to share with her, or worse get caught, your wife / SO will never look at you again with the same degree of trust.

Talk to that counsellor you say was beneficial, about the best way to approach a potential spouse.

Good luck to you.

Huntress
07-06-2008, 10:48 PM
MalibuJenny,
To thine own self be true. This above all else.

My relationship path is much the same as yours. I know CD'ing is part and parcel of who I am. Only a PART. I would no sooner expect a woman to pick up such an outre manifestation of gender different behavior than I would pick up a woman of untested character. My bona fides and accomplishments are of some depth & breadth. Many women try, but fail to get their hand on the door, due to other more overt personality/character/accomplishments shortfalls. If they transit that stage. The litmus test of Cd'ing is brought to the fore to see the reach of their intellect, imagination, morality, and courage. The faint hearted are never even approached. While this seems hard, it does prevent broken hearts and dreams, and no apologies needed on either side.

De Oppresso Liber,

Huntress

Katherine Bell
07-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I meet my SO when she was dressed, so that helped a bit to know it was something she desired to do. However the depths of cross dressing is still a revelation to me, sometimes it comes easily other times not. I know this will sound terribly cliqued but when you do find the one you are meant to be with, the timing will not matter, she will accept and love you regardless.
Not say it does not take allot of hard work from both but everyone has part of themselves that can and do affect a relationship. Don't put yourself in the situation that it becomes a deal breaker. Theses women all have their own issues too that they bring to the table. Perhaps you need to make them aware of the things you have to deal with concerning their life.
I think overall you have a great perspective and healthy expectations. Instead of looking for GG's who hang out with other CD's try bisexual women or women who have their own unique sexualities/lifestyle choices. That's a bigger pool of possible matches; while not giant it does give you more diversity. You may also consider younger woman. They tend to have greater acceptance and at least some knowledge of various sexualities, lifestyles etc.

Josephine 1941
07-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Hi Jenny, You are going about it in the right way. I have been up front with all the women I have dated, most have no peoblem. I do have to say that I am here in Flordia and the ratio is 7 to one women to men. I am now living with a very nice an beautiful women she is 55 and I am 67 and she treets me like gold. We are the same size in all our cloths and shoes so we have a very exciteding time with cloths. Hang in there the right one will come along. By the way u are a very beautiful women . Josephine

Miss Petra
07-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Jenny,

If it is the right woman for you it will come. Woman appreciate honesty and truth. Like others have said some woman have been thru lies cheating and beatings...Dressing in womans clothes is nothing compared to that. You may want to consider a different approach in telling them. Try a search on the Beaumont society and Crossdressers secret garden websites. They have excellent strategies to coming out to the ones we love.

I had an acquaintance who listed right on a dating site that he was a crossdresser and wanted to make sure anyone he dated knew that. He got a lot of responses and had some great dates. They all appreciated his honesty and confidence. Woman are looking for an honest, kind, compassionate man and a little feminine after they have been through the manly men in their 20's who were none of the above and treated them poorly.

One last thing is you are very pretty and passable and if you show them pics show one that is not as passable. Some woman are threatened by us looking as good or better than them.

Hugz,

Miss Petra