PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer to wear new items, or items owned previously by GG's?

heathr1
05-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Me, both clothes and make-up previously owned.

The fact that they have been worn before adds to the appeal.

Tiffy
05-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Heathr, I could not have said it any better myself. I agree with you 100%

Kisses, April

veronica
05-14-2005, 09:58 PM
well i guess i can be odd girl out....

NEW!!

Donna Delite
05-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Veronica- I'm with you, NEW please

Tristen Cox
05-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Uhm clothes ok, but make-up? That sounds like asking to catch someone else's germs to me. I don't practice using other people's make-up for that express reason. MHO ;)

azure
05-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Its nice to have the day out shopping for new clothes with a girlfriend and the gossiping for ages over dinner, treating ourselves to the cinema,and getting home tired and happy after a long days retail therapy, with a huge pile of brand name carrier bags to nose through. But its good to sit in the comfort of my own nest and trawl through ebay looking for bargains, and the excitment of recieving them in the post!

Rikki
05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
I perfer new, but mostly have to shop second hand stores. But when it comes to makeup, only new makeup, I have to agree with Tristen on that one. I don't need to catch some one else's pink eye or worse, thank you.

Rikki

norbie
05-14-2005, 10:37 PM
:) Hi all,
Defently NO to make-up for health reason. (see Tristen).
But for clothes? Oh I love to go to all op-shops, St.Vincent dePaul and Salvation Army shops. Here I can buy expensive, lovely things which I could not afford new, like my 4 leather skirts a.s.o.
Also sometime I dream a little like 'what would she looked like?' would she be kind and understanding, you know what I mean. ;)
Also I never buy anything which is worn right on the skin of the previous owner. With this budget buys I got me quite a lot of beautyful dresses and skirts. :D
Love to all from Norbie

hottiemichelle
05-14-2005, 10:37 PM
all i got is use cloths because i have not went shoping ya to get my own

Donna Delite
05-14-2005, 10:40 PM
michelle- why don't you order online?

girlintouch
05-14-2005, 10:48 PM
both onthe clothes and new for makeup for personal safety, panties new

Jadeanne
05-14-2005, 10:52 PM
I like both new and used, depending on the item.

When I started CDing 3 years ago, my loving, supporting, same-size (except shoes) wife gave me some of her things, plus I had some things from my late mother.

I bought my own lingerie from the beginning, but I didn't buy outer clothing for myself for almost a year.

Here are my new/used buying habits now (in agreement with my wife):

Anything my wife has worn is fine. There are very few things of hers that fit me that she doesn't want me to borrow.

panties/hosiery/lingerie/wigs - only new ones

makeup - only new (wife doesn't use any, I do once in a while)

shoes - only new (have 12 pairs, from Kmart and internet)

tops/skirts/dresses - either new or used is fine (sometimes she borrows some of my clothes for church)

jewelry - new or used. I don't have pierced ears and she does, but we share watches, pins, bracelets, necklaces. All of my earrings are separate from hers because she doesn't like clips, and the pierced ones I wear in adaptors are cheap ones that she says would turn her ears green.

Did I earn a passing grade on the essay question?

Jadeanne

philmaria
05-15-2005, 04:11 AM
never borrow make up,but clothes i like new,but i buy used ,because they are alot cheaper si i can have a whole lot more things to wear

Stormgirl
05-15-2005, 04:12 AM
Both,it doesn't matter to me as long as its clean and not stolen.

Susancd
05-15-2005, 04:56 AM
Both for tops and skirts, for the rest new except for clothes and makeup from my wife.

Sarah Ellis
05-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Most of us, including myself start out with other peoples clothes but there's more of an air of excitment about shopping for your own things. Given time and enough money, I would gladly spend hours in the lingerie department of a store.

Satin xxx

philmaria
05-15-2005, 05:38 AM
I have found if you go to a resale shop far from your home,alot of the time the salesladies will help you find clothes,i have even had a few help me zip up dresses,but I will only do this if I am a few hours away from where i live

Milla
05-15-2005, 07:08 AM
New for sure

kristenB
05-15-2005, 07:33 AM
I have no prference as far as clothing goes....My GG friend sometimes wears my dresses and when she does it can be a turn on to slip into it after she wears it...as far as make-up...new only!!!!! :)

susie d
05-15-2005, 09:29 AM
New and used clothes, but as others have said, clothes from the thrift stores are the least expensive and you can buy more! There seems to be a little added thrill when you know that the items were worn by a gg. Sometimes it is difficult to not try them on until they have been laundered. Some have wonderful smells, while others you can't launder fast enough!

I have no problem with wearing previously worn lingerie as that is what washing machines are for. My family has been into second hand retail and clothing most of my life, buying and selling.

Make up is another issue, but I used to "borrow" stuff from my grandmother. :p

Sigrid
05-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Occasionally I'll pick up a top or skirt at a vintage clothing store I really enjoy shopping at. Otherwise new - especially undies, makeup and shoes.

~Sigrid

Kath
05-15-2005, 10:07 AM
NEW! I have found Ross Dress for Less always has something for about the same as Goodwill or less. Yesterday I got a new dress and bra for a total of $12.95. BTW it was my first non-underwired bra. Love it, now I can see why my wife never buys underwires.

Makeup you gotta get your own colors, pretty hard to do with used.

Kath

heathr1
05-15-2005, 10:16 AM
I was told by a female friend who give me hers that lipsticks and nail polishes are okay, as long as the lipsticks are treated, which she does, to kill any germs.

I avoid used eye make-up though.

deanh22
05-15-2005, 11:55 AM
The panties i wear are always new. i do buy freshly worn panties from a trusted GG but they're not for wearing.

Natasha Anne
05-15-2005, 01:02 PM
New things only, and with the exception of casual wear, normally only once!

lisa_sf
05-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Nothing beats my wife saying, "Hey, I've never seen you in this... go try it on." Her stuff is the best. :)

Wendy me
05-15-2005, 05:33 PM
for the most part new but some things preowned are ok ...make up and undies well not.......

Bernadina
05-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Me, both clothes and make-up previously owned.

The fact that they have been worn before adds to the appeal.

Lets see.

My wife an I hit every thrift, department and womans wear store from one side of Canada to the other side of the US and the UK which we come across. Clothes, new and used except for panties which are always new. Shoes, new. Makeup new, unless its my wife's.

http://www.geocities.com/bernadina_q/CD/cardigan.jpg

Sindy
05-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I buy my own, although my best friend owns a couple of outfits that I would love to have, but she is petite and I am not. If I was, and she offered them to me, I would take them in a second.

Alie
05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Some new, Some used, Some borrowed. . .

Trying to find the best prices and what looks best.

nancyboy
05-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I don't have any clothes of my own. so I have no choice but to wear my wife's. She knows this although she doesn't care for it. She will put new outfits off limits to me, but I do get around to trying them on. As for makeup, I have my own. She got kind of pissed when she found out that I had my own makeup, but she got over it when she realized that I wouldn't be using any of hers.

Jesse69
07-18-2005, 10:12 PM
I like wearing dresses, suits, skirts, slips, blouses, that were worn by women. But I buy all lingerie, panties, hosiery, and bras new. If the clothes were worn by a beautiful women that really makes it appealing to me.

So I don't mind shopping thrift stores and ebay for used womens items - this saves me a lot of money. But for mens clothes that I wear all the time it has to be new.

ladyjim
07-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I LOVE shopping for pantyhose - nylon undies and girdles- its sexy and adventuresome. have a couple of french maid dresses and pairs of pumps courtesy of my ex.

girlintouch
07-18-2005, 10:32 PM
I like new stuff, but than agian I got stuff from friends, resale shops. I would say the answer would be both.

ladyjim
07-18-2005, 10:35 PM
ill get friends to buy makeup for me. still need tips there

Angela Burke
07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
thrift shops are great for dresses, skirts, blouses.
but underwear !
gives me the creeps just thinking about it !

angela xx

Crunchie
07-19-2005, 02:02 PM
new or used its all the same to me but make up has to be new :)

Vivian Best
07-19-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm new all the way!~ :D

Vivian

Katie Ashe
07-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Make-up/hair: New
Clothes: Depends where they come from (used). Prefer new.
Shoes: New
Undergarments: New
Purses: Don't care

Dapple
07-19-2005, 02:14 PM
I am lucky enough to have four older sisters and a mother who knows about me, which gives me a never ending supply of really good stuff and alot of help getting it all together to look great.But I buy my own makeup.Their rule,not mine

Cindy K
07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
New 4 me please

Deborah
07-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Clothes----doesn't matter as long as they look new and/or well kept
Panties etc---New (except i used to wear wife and sisters clean clothes)
Makeup---Used to borrow wifes. I don't have any at the moment though.

Clare
07-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Always new! Both clothes and especially makeup.

I would not feel comfortable wearing someone else's clothing at all.

There is no way i would utilise makeup and skincare products if previously used.

Christine

Elinor
07-22-2005, 03:35 AM
New new new new!
The thrill of shopping in person or on the net.
Waiting for my female clothes to come and the thrill of opening the parcel.

Wearing something "NEW" which is mine mine mine. :)

Oh heaven putting on my new skirt or dress its wonderful for a girl.

I'm not sharing my stuff its all my female stuff.

Yes I dream of wearing a lovely dress I see other girls wearing but I wish to own my own.

Phillis
07-25-2005, 07:27 AM
I usually but my dresses used and some of my skirts are both used and new. As to bra and panties all new. Got some good deals on dresses at thrift stores. Only trouble is finding the right size. I look for the fanciest dresses I can find.