PDA

View Full Version : I guess they can tell

Niya W
06-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Last week when I went shopping some thing happened that has never happened before. I know might sound trivial but it was weird. I walked in to the first store and picked out a few items rather quickly. The sales lady asked if I need any help, I said no. I take the clothes up to the counter and the sales lady asked, dont you want try the clothes on, Bit shocked but I said no. I continue shopping, get to the fourth store and I found cute outfit but didnt the size I asked the store associate for help and she directed me to the fitting room.

I would say I'm passing I guess just more obvious I'm trans. I'm just so use to store associates asking is this a gift, oh your girl friend/wife will love this outfit.

CD Susan
06-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Congratulations on your acomplishment. It must feel great to be treated this way. I wish I could do this with no one having any doubts about my gender.

sissystephanie
06-24-2008, 12:08 AM
I do a lot of my "in store" shopping in the same stores most of the time. Since I do not try to pass, I go in usually dressed enfemme, but with no wig or makup. I routine get asked if I want to try on whatever feminine garment I am buying. Everything from panties and bras to dresses. And I have never been sent to a mens dressing room! I always use a ladies dressing room. And yes, I do get some funny looks when I step out of the dressing room in a pretty dress to look at myself in the large mirror! Do I care......who me!!! No way!!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

linnea
06-24-2008, 01:00 AM
I think that SAs are getting better, but that's not to say that you are not passing (you look good in your avatar). I am directed to the women's changing/fitting rooms regularly. I like it that way, and I guess that you felt good about it too (as you should, IMHO).

Eileen
06-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Niya you are too much of a lady for them not to be able to tell. It is so nice when SA's recognise us for who we are!

Eileen

pamela_a
06-24-2008, 01:28 PM
That's a wonderful feeling Niya and, judging from your picture there shouldn't be much doubt. You look great.

Just yesterday I was in one of my local Lane Bryant stores. I've shopped there occasionally but it wasn't the one where I usually shop. My wife had gotten some shorts but wanted me to exchange them for her. I picked out the new things for her (and a top for me) and went to the counter.

The first thing the SA asked me when I neared the counter was if she could open a fitting room for me. Of course I said yes (my wife and I are close in size so it wasn't a total sham). Anyway, the skort (for her :) yea, sure) and top fit perfectly and went great with it too.

It's such a nice feeling to be treated like just another lady customer. A girl could get used to it. :)

-Paula-

Niya W
06-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Well I felt awkward only because I was wearing guy clothes. But hair straighten, had earrings and nails. It also could be do to the fact that I left the house with out wearing a sports bra. Almost a full A cup now.

KimberlyS
06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Niya, enjoy it you are just reaching a personal comfort with your shopping that the SA's know it is for you. IMHO others acceptance and comfort with you starts with your personal acceptance and comfort level with who you are and what you are doing. Just enjoy it and go with the flow and try things on. It is so much better than returning it. More and more when shopping the SA comes up to me asks to start a fitting room for me. Male mode or non-passing femme mode.