PDA

View Full Version : It still stings

Taylor105
06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Okay, so this 18 year old guy was messaging me on youtube. I get this all the time. People watch my videos and think I am funny, cool, interesting, whatever!! That is until.....dum dum duuuuum, they find out I am trans. Then they hit the high road and never speak to me again!! This dude thought I was a genetic dude his age. I guess I should be flattered that I could pass for an 18 year old guy and that other guys think I'm a genetic born guy. But it sucks when you feel like maybe you are connecting with this person as a friend and then boom when they find out you are trans they disappear. Whatever. I suppose I should just get over it. I'm straight meaning I'm into girls so it isn't ever "that way" at all. But it would be cool to connect with some dudes to chat with as buddies. It only happens though until they ask my age. I won't lie. I just can't do that. Anyway, sorry for the bitch session. It just sucks. I suppose I should find some friends my own age anyway. lolol But I don't go looking for friends. They stumble upon my videos and message me!! Anyhoo....enough about this. But it does sting. I'm sure you guys know the feeling. Had to share. I can't wait until I can get on T so I can start sounding my own age. If my voice sounded older I think I would pass for older than 18!!

ZenFrost
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah, it's really awful when people do that. They're not even willing to give you a chance, they're so transphobic and prejudiced that they'd rather just be in their stupid little bubbles and act like you don't exist because you're not what they consider 'normal.' :ap:

CaptLex
06-25-2008, 12:34 PM
But it sucks when you feel like maybe you are connecting with this person as a friend and then boom when they find out you are trans they disappear. Whatever. I suppose I should just get over it. I'm straight meaning I'm into girls so it isn't ever "that way" at all. But it would be cool to connect with some dudes to chat with as buddies.
It's their loss, Taylor. Anyone who won't give you a chance in order to find out how cool you are because they're closed-minded and unwilling to learn, is missing out on being friends with cool people like you. :hugs:

Punkster
06-25-2008, 02:27 PM
It does sting Taylor but way I see it and I hope I'm not out of turn here, is that if they dont stick around they aint worth worrying about, true mates, friends, chums, etc are the ones who will stick with ya. As for age well that shouldnt matter either but hey its them that suck not you :drink:

Felix
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I agree they don't know what they are missing their loss!!! Ya don't need idiots like that. Ya a great bloke and don't forget it dude ok!!! Felix xx :hugs:

Lex
06-27-2008, 09:00 AM
What losers. I still find it hard to believe that people do that stuff, it just seems so stupid. You make friends with someone and then what, ditch them for being older than you? For being trans? I don't get it.
Blah, anyway, if you're going to do T, that'll help you look older as well as sound older, should be sweet. :D

KrazyKat
06-27-2008, 09:24 PM
:yt:I'm all about that, losers indeed!! Close-minded and on a very narrow path in life!! Wow, are they going to miss a scenic trip or what!! :eek:So many interesting, wonderful, giving, loving and caring people out there, just not always exactly the same on the outside, or at first look.

Good thing you know lots of great people who are crazy about you, Taylor!!:hugs:
Hey, a rant we all have at one time or another, IMHO.

waspookie6
07-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I get it Taylor - once they find out I'm "old", dropped like a hot potato! That always sucks since you share many things in common then age and gender get in the way. It does sting and for no seeming good reason, then I think back to having to put blinders on the horses when young so they wouldn't spook at anything while in training.

Then I start laughing :lol2:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Seratuki
07-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Okay, so this 18 year old guy was messaging me on youtube. I get this all the time. People watch my videos and think I am funny, cool, interesting, whatever!! That is until.....dum dum duuuuum, they find out I am trans. Then they hit the high road and never speak to me again!! This dude thought I was a genetic dude his age. I guess I should be flattered that I could pass for an 18 year old guy and that other guys think I'm a genetic born guy. But it sucks when you feel like maybe you are connecting with this person as a friend and then boom when they find out you are trans they disappear. Whatever. I suppose I should just get over it. I'm straight meaning I'm into girls so it isn't ever "that way" at all. But it would be cool to connect with some dudes to chat with as buddies. It only happens though until they ask my age. I won't lie. I just can't do that. Anyway, sorry for the bitch session. It just sucks. I suppose I should find some friends my own age anyway. lolol But I don't go looking for friends. They stumble upon my videos and message me!! Anyhoo....enough about this. But it does sting. I'm sure you guys know the feeling. Had to share. I can't wait until I can get on T so I can start sounding my own age. If my voice sounded older I think I would pass for older than 18!!

Okay...I needed to put in my two cents here because 1) I can't believe the nerve of some people and 2) well...because I need a life...lo

I will post an introduction to everyone, but I stumbled on this one first so...

it's easy to say "they're narrow minded " or whatever, but the truth is that they just don't WANT to look outside there own comfort zone and be accepting. It's sad..

and I'm sure that after it happens a few times it starts to wear on you. But not everyone is like that...it just takes a little longer to pull out the weeds to get to the roses. :hugs:

I can only speak for myself....but I'm a totally straight woman and I don't see you as anything but a man...Eventually you'll meet some guy friends I'm sure...if they're willing to let you go from there lives because of such things, well...they'll be kicking themselves later for it. There's nobody out there like you Taylor. :kiss:

I didn't know you were trans when I first saw your videos, and when I found out I was curious, but it didn't make me want to run or anything like that...so I just pray you'll find some guy friends who are just as accepting. I wonder sometimes if straight Biologically male guys are threatened by trans men...I mean, they probably think that if you could fool them then you're some sort of threat to their masculinity. Of course I can't speak for them, its just a guess.

and for the record....YOU DO NOT SOUND LIKE A GIRL! I swear eventually I'm going to get you to believe me, of course most men are stubborn! lol

Okay..i just made an ass out of myself in a public forum....I think I'll stop now.

Sara

Mostly_Harmless
07-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll be your youtube friend! (http://youtube.com/user/medicalgarbage)

Alan
07-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Jumping in late, jumping in with nothing hugely important to say, jumping in because I have no life, take your pick. :2c:

Mainly jumping in because I have this really odd tendency to try to provide advice (I think it's all the psychologist training I've been undergoing).

First, they don't take the high road. The high road is accepting you for who you are, not leaving because they find out that you're FTM.

The internet is the hardest place to make people understand, because it's so easy to ignore you. Misplacing emails, ignoring IMs, etc. Most people aren't willing to listen. :(

The best thing I can say is: People who aren't willing to accept you for you are probably people you don't particularly want to know anyway.

Wolfie
07-06-2008, 11:59 AM
The best thing I can say is: People who aren't willing to accept you for you are probably people you don't particularly want to know anyway.

Totally agree - but it still hurts when people reject. Thank goodness for this forum because so far all I have read is acceptance of each individual.

Taylor105
07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
So sorry I am just now getting back to the site to read this. Wow guys!! Lots of great answers as usual. I am so over letting people online bug me when they freak and run. And Sara!! Great to see you here. I didn't even know you joined. Cool!! Anyway, yeah, so I know that people can be butt heads and that the ones who stick around are the ones who are worth getting to know and letting them get to know me. Thanks all for your great replies. :)