PDA

View Full Version : has C D ing changed my sexual orientation?

pammyme
06-25-2008, 06:41 AM
I have been crossdressing privately now for several years and right from the start it has always felt "right" with the feeling of being complete and happy when dressed.
In the past before I started C D ing I had many relationships with G Gs which included 2 marriages all of which were sexually active, the 1st of which produced 2 children. During my C d ing time I had minimal female relationships, my sexual gratification coming about by self inducement, it was as though I did not need a woman.
I have recently met a lady who I want to spend the remaining years of my life with, (I am 67). The trouble now is, my masculinity does not want to "rise" to the occassion and the few times it does it deflates yet I am still able to be successful by myself.
I have been to my Doctor who has checked everything including my hormone levels and everything is in working order.
I am considering getting rid of all my clothes e.t.c. as I have ascertained through very careful conversation that she would not be understanding of my needs in this matter. I know that some of you will say "find someone else" but at my time of life that is easier said than done.
Has anyone else had any similar experiences and if so how have you handled it. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. Pammy.

Nadia-Maria
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I have recently met a lady who I want to spend the remaining years of my life with, (I am 67). The trouble now is, my masculinity does not want to "rise" to the occassion and the few times it does it deflates yet I am still able to be successful by myself.
I have been to my Doctor who has checked everything including my hormone levels and everything is in working order.

I know that.
From my experience, I believe it may take a certain while for you to be able to "switch" satisfactorily (switching in your mind - your sort of fantasies, etc.) from the former type of sexuality, you were used to, to the new one involving a real partner.
This unexpected and almost unbelievable trouble may happen even faced to the sexiest real woman.

The recovery time for a perfect performance may depend on the duration of the former type of sexuality, and on your present age. It is not unusual, I guess, that a significative trouble may remain for as much as a few weeks, and before gaining full recovery it may take 6 to 18 months.

Never mind ; it is fully reversible.

Hope this helps.

Kisses

Nadia

DonnaT
06-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Get a second opinion from another doctor.

Note that your testosterone (T) level may be normal, but that only means it's in a certain range. It could be on the low side of normal.

Another thing that needs consideration is how much free T you have. We have a sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) that binds to some of the free T. Thus the bioavailability of T is influenced by the level of SHBG. The hormone test should give you an indication of total T, how much is bound by SHBG, and how much is bioavailable.

The SHBG-bound fraction is biologically inactive because of the high binding affinity of SHBG for testosterone.

A low level of bioavailable T, could be a cause of diminished libido and even loss of bone density.

That said, if your tests are normal, then your self-gratification may be the factor. Or possibly the fantasies you are having while helping yourself. You may have to retrain your mind and keep your hands off, if you want to satisfy your SO.

Emily Anderson
06-25-2008, 02:39 PM
I read once that if you are too sexually active on your own, with your own fantasies, it can temporarily impede your ability to be aroused when with a partner. Lay off the CD'ing and having fun on your own for a while, and see if that makes a difference.

pammyme
06-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Thank you both nadia and emily for a similar response, I can see where you are coming from and I can agree with your views.
Thank you donna, Your clinical response i'm afraid is above my old head but I will show it to my Dr for his consideration. You finish with a similar opinion as both nadia and emily so it is possible that a lot of my problem is in that area. Thanks again Gurls. Pammy.