PDA

View Full Version : Party time?

Suzy Harrison
06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't know if it's that I'm always trying to push my limits or if I have a inner desire to push myself over the edge, but here goes.

My favourite GG friend from work is having a party at her house in a month's time and has asked me to go. I told her after all that's happened recently I'd hate to go in drab. Her reply was "Well I didn't want you to come in drab, come as Suzy"

The only problem is there will be many of her female friends also going who are also our customers and know me very well. I don't feel ready to out myself to half of Perth just yet - but she assures me that if she didn't recognise me, then no one else ever would either.

So I've decided to go. I was chatting to our HR Manager tonight and even she says it would be a good idea.

Later on down the track, we'll be able to say to the girls who went, "Do you remember that Suzy Harrison you met at the party?....... well, guess what........."

Tomara
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Suzy , It sounds like a good opportunity to go out enfem and if the host is ok with Suzy chances are her friends will be too . I hope all goes well for you and you have fun and enjoy yourself ! Good luck :hugs: Tomara

Sarah Doepner
06-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Suzy,
I agree, it sounds like a nearly ideal situation to get out. So many of us, if we get out at all, only go places where other crossdressers go, or go to GLBT clubs or meeting places. This would continue providing opportunities for Suzy to find her comfort zone. If it includes a wide range of social and even business contacts, so much the better. If that is the direction you are headed, this may be an event to try and evaluate once you have it behind you.
Good Luck

Angie G
06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Go and enjoy yourself I'm thinking Suzy will be loved by all you go girl.:hugs:
Angie

DeeDeeB
06-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun...Enjoy

Dee :fairy1:

CaptLex
06-25-2008, 10:22 AM
As long as it doesn't affect your job status (and it sounds like it won't), why not enjoy it. :thumbsup:

KandisTX
06-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi Suzy,

In my opinion, this may be a much better way to introduce your clients to Suzy rather than you showing up at their offices one day for a scheduled appointment. A casual atmosphere may help the idea ease into their minds better and cause you less strife later.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Eileen
06-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Suzy you are eventually going to be out to every one. This seems like a good time and place to introduce Suzy to a lot of those you associate with on a personal and business level. Just relax and be the sweet and attractive lady you are!

Eileen

Nikki A.
06-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Do it I did it last weekend and I had the best time of my life. Be yourself and enjoy

MJ
06-25-2008, 11:42 AM
well i think it a wonderful idea . after all they will have to meet Suzy sooner or later . it will help you in the long run

linnea
06-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I can understand your concern, Suzy. However, it sounds to me as if you have very good support from your co-workers, and you look great. So I think that you should go for it and have a great time. My own circumstances are not as good as yours with your employer. If I showed up to anything en femme, I would never get over it.
Good luck.

DonnaT
06-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Cool! Have fun.

Bonnie D
06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi Suzy!

Relax and enjoy yourself. Even your HR person approved. Would love to see a pic or two of you on that day.

Bonnie

renee k
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Suzy,
First off,I agree with the others here go and have good time. Secondly it will help get you acclimated to doing social things as Suzy, consider it part of your real life test. As crazy as it sounds you'll be more at ease after doing this type thing. I know I would be nervous if it was the first time for me in this situation. But I think once your there and mingling you'll love every minute and plus you have your girl friends there for support.

SO GO FOR IT GIRL!!

Huggs, Renee

vivianann
06-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Like the others have said you need to go as Suzy, and since it is an all girl get together I assume, then going as Suzy should not be a problem, If I were in your heels I definately would go as a girl. and since you are going to go full time as a woman this will be another stepping stone toward living full time as a woman. Go for it Suzy, you will not be disappointed.

Suzy Harrison
06-27-2008, 04:15 AM
Thank you for your responses. I think we're all in ageement that I should go!

I don't intend to out myself, but as my GG friend says, I do run a little risk of being outed by someone there. I hope there won't be any teengage girls going with their special TV/TG radar.

What will be, will be

deja true
06-27-2008, 06:36 AM
Thank you for your responses. I think we're all in ageement that I should go!

I don't intend to out myself, but as my GG friend says, I do run a little risk of being outed by someone there. I hope there won't be any teengage girls going with their special TV/TG radar.
What will be, will be

So what if there are? In the supportive surroundings of your adult friends, teenagers won't cause you any problems.

And if the event is pleasant and all are getting along well, there's much less chance of an unhappy confrontation, I think. Like Renee said, consider it a part of your real life test. What better place than among friends, eh?

And getting 'outted' at a friendly social event with lots of supportive friends around sounds better to me than trying it one on one with strangers. Given where you want to be headed, I think I'd look forward to it as a 'coming out' party, a debutante introduction. It could be that that's why your GG friends are organizing the party in the first place. You could be the star!

You do have your GG posse to stand up for you, tight?

TGMarla
06-27-2008, 12:18 PM
:iagree:

jennifer41356
06-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I had a female friend several yrs ago who had 2 female friends that I had met in male mode...about a week later a freidn had a dinner party at his house and they were invited . I went in gal mode and chatted with them several times throughout the evening, even sitting next to one of them while the gals were complaining about men, I joined in as well...

my friend had told them that I had a fem side and like to dress as a lady...when the 2 gals got ready to leave, my friend told them that it was me in the skirt...they ran over to me and hugged me and said they were totally fooled...this happened about 12yrs ago, so i wasnt nearly as passable(in my mind) as I feel I am now, so go and have fun and dont let on, let them approach you:2c::drink::love:

Charlotte
06-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Sounds very exciting Suzy. I cant wait to hear how it goes....

Maddie22
06-28-2008, 03:41 AM
ok, so I am gonna be the girliest and so, I hate you, and I am so jealous!!!!! Good for you!!!!! I wish I was at your comfort level at things, I have been fowling your posts as of late, and have really admired how much you have come out, and expressed yourself.

rachel_rachel
06-28-2008, 05:04 AM
You know could do a Superman / Clark Kent type of thing there... Suzie could turn up a bit later in the night or leave early either way, i know i wouldn't want to be doing my make up twice in the night though.

TxKimberly
06-28-2008, 05:07 AM
well, as you HAVE been talking about going full time, this would appear to be a natural part of that progression. Might as well bite the bullet and go have fun. :-)

Joy Carter
06-28-2008, 06:13 AM
How do you get so lucky there lady. To have such an accepting crowd around you. I'd say your out there now pretty much. I'm sure your HR person and others have talked. This party just might hasten whats inevitable.

The Best To You:hugs: Joy

Suzy Harrison
06-28-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm sure your HR person and others have talked. This party just might hasten whats inevitable.

The Best To You:hugs: Joy

There's no chance of my HR person telling anyone. She promised me that she won't do anything until I'm ready and even told me of some very personal information about herself to show we have a bond between us. My two GG friends have my total confidence too.

I've told them that I'm happy for the three of them to talk together and I trust them totally.

PS: Also the HR person lives 2000 miles away !

:hugs: Suzy