PDA

View Full Version : Desire to go out in public

Emily Anderson
06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Some of us want to get out there in public, and others are stay at home girls.

Which are you, and what motivates you one way or another?

renee k
06-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I love going out, beit, shopping ,going to dinner or to a show. Count me in !

Huggs, Renee

Janet Bern
06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I was always chicken to go out dressed as a woman. I have spent good money on wigs padded panties breastforms and shoes. I went to cosmetic counters at Macys and got lessons endrab as to how to put on makeup and finally did it last year. Even though in the mirror i still knew it was me inside, when I went out dressed I was amazed that even standing next to people they had no clue that I was not a woman. It is all in how you carry yourself and make sure you dont talk much..lol
Janet

Sarah Doepner
06-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't know when it happened, but after wanting to hide in the deepest part of my closet or behind the hotel room door, never to be seen by anyone, something clicked. All of a sudden, I felt like I was doing something wrong by not going out. It took a couple of years and lots of emails and lots of practice with makeup and hair and everything else before I put my hand on the door to get out. It took another year after that before I ventured beyond the ice machine. I still don't go out in my home town, but when I hit Las Vegas, you can't keep me out of my skirt and out on the street.

Leslie Foxx
06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
For me, being dressed behind locked doors and closed curtains was like being a dead athiest: All dressed up with nowhere to go.

After going out for the first time, I knew I had done the right thing for me and I never have regretted a moment of it. I've always been accepted, or at least tolerated where ever I've gone. I wish I'd done it a lot sooner.

Nicki B
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I think one part of gender dysphoria is not only being able to see yourself as a woman, but having others see and treat you as such?

Tina Dixon
06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Hell yes I would love to go out in to the world and maybe some day I will.

tricia_uktv
06-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Love going out now I can. Almost the worst torture is to stay in dressed. A year ago I would have said the opposite. Wierd.

pamela_a
06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
I love going out. There is no feeling in the world like like being out and about and having someone acknowledge you with miss or ma'am.

-Paula-

KarenCDFL
06-25-2008, 04:47 PM
The problem with Polls is that it seems the right answer for me is always the one not posted.

I have gone out quite a bit. My wife knows and always goes with me.

To be honest, it has kind of gotten to "been there done that".

We went out a lot in the beginning and over time it has turned out that it is not a big deal for us. We are very comfy in our lives and have nothing to prove to anyone.

So the answer is..... We go out if we feel like it and we usually don't. We enjoy just being....

I feel i am who am I no matter what skin I am wearing.

luvs2luk
06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Haven't gone out completely femme and not sure I want to, but I have gone to Pilates with painted toes and wearing girly socks before. That's fun for me. I'm pretty much a stay at home girl.

Rachel

Emily Anderson
06-25-2008, 04:52 PM
The problem with Polls is that it seems the right answer for me is always the one not posted.

I have gone out quite a bit. My wife knows and always goes with me.

To be honest, it has kind of gotten to "been there done that".

We went out a lot in the beginning and over time it has turned out that it is not a big deal for us. We are very comfy in our lives and have nothing to prove to anyone.

So the answer is..... We go out if we feel like it and we usually don't. We enjoy just being....

I feel i am who am I no matter what skin I am wearing.

I think the problem with polls is that I don't always think them through 100% and sometimes I get caught by people like yourself who simply aren't able to answer the question. Maybe I need to add an "N/A" answer to every poll I make in future. Sorry for that!

Deborah Jane
06-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Wanted to go out....Went out...Love going out!!!

Amy Hepker
06-25-2008, 05:04 PM
I have before many times and can't wait to do it again.

slamddoger
06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
going out it ok if dress the part. what i have knows is the better you look the better you will be trate by the pople out there.

Sarah...
06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Would love to!! Scared? You bet. I'll go if my SO goes with me - that's how fearty I am. Otherwise I'll be a stay-at-home girl.

Sarah...

jill s
06-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Totally a "Guy in a Dress" . Would love to dress in skirts or dresses all the time but have to keep it solo.

Nikki A.
06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Even before I broke out, I wanted to go out.

pixitrace
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Every several months I try to set a milestone goal for myself and then go do it..one was walking around the block at night at 11:00 p.m (quickly)....another was getting a makeover and having some photos done. My big milestone is to go out in public for the first time (bar or club or local CD organization)...probably in Philadelphia...and hopefully before October.

every milestone is a rush for certain...and I definitely want to go out...but its always a lot of guessing and second guessing and fretting. I imagine that once I finally do it, it will be like .."wow...that wasn't that hard...but it was great !"

KateSpade83
06-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I enjoy going out shopping in drag. It's quite an adventure and it's nice being pretty in a skirt suit!

Never a bar though, I need to hit on women!

CLARRISA
06-25-2008, 06:09 PM
For me its not so much the desire to go out dressed as a woman, but the desire to express the free will to do so if i happen to be dressed as one when i'm indoors...I find it so exhausting to have to keep swapping genders every time i need to go out to say get milk. I could spend hours doing the dressing and make up and then think "damn i'm out of toilet roll" then i'd do the clean up routine,back to male mode, 2 mins in the shop, back home, then hours getting dressed femme again..and then "damn i've only got 3 cigarettes left" here we go again clean up routine.........

Nicki B
06-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Almost the worst torture is to stay in dressed. A year ago I would have said the opposite.

I gets to be 'why bother going to all that trouble just to stay in', dunnit? :)

linnea
06-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Sometimes I don't make it past the boundaries of my backyard, but I love to go out.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Desire to go Out is alway's there. Not the most passable as I don't do makeup well or at all, pretyy much all I do is shave as close as possible. But I still have a strong desire to go out and eventually be out in public places like a shopping mall or store. :battingeyelashes:

Right now I have managed to go walking in the early morning every other day while dressed. I only pass by about 5-6 people with little or no reaction. I have graduated to midday or early evening walks where there are hundreds of people in the park. I don't think most people notice but some do, but no one says a thing. My ultimate goal is to go shopping in a store. :battingeyelashes:

I have attended Renaissance meetings in Allentown with other girls, some TS and some Cd'ers. You mentioned wanting to go to some meetings, I'd like to invite you to the Renaissance meeting here in Allentown if you live near the Lehigh Valley. You can PM, I can provide details, I will say going to a meeting with like minded women is a wonderful feeling. :battingeyelashes:

Kimberly

christid66
06-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Hell yes I would love to go out in to the world and maybe some day I will.

Exactly the same as Tina....although I can't see the opportunity arising anytime soon

jenny logan
06-25-2008, 07:07 PM
The desire to go out is always tempered by the realities of what would happen if someone I know notices me dressed as a woman in public. With so much to lose if I were to be discovered I take an extremely careful approach to being en femme in public. Usually when I go out it is with my wife and we are out of town. Of course it limits the amount of time I can be Jennifer in public but I have always approached this as a risk/reward proposition. It works for me but deep inside I wish I had the courage to say the hell with it and walk out the front door in plain view of the world. Maybe some day but most likely not. Such is the on going dillema of my cd world.

Jenny L.

Veronica 1
06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
I would love to go out shopping and clubbing but so far my only outings have been a few walks late at night and lately going biking in the dark while fem. Someday, though...

brittany
06-25-2008, 07:45 PM
as much as i would love to go out when im dressed i havnt had the chance yet :sad:

Angela-Russell
06-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Havn't been further than just outside the back door, but I don't think that counts as "out". It must be amazing to go shopping while dressed. Maybe one day....

KimberlyS
06-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Most of the time I am a under-dresser, mix and match androgenous or home CDer. But from the time I found out I was not the only one like me, there was a part of me that needed to scream it and show it to the world.

DawnRodgers
06-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Absolutely love going out when fully drssed. Hearing the click of my heels as I walk, feeling my hair blow in a breeze, my skirt flaring out. It feels so natural and so good.
Dawn

erickka
06-26-2008, 06:41 AM
I've been out many times, and have had no negative comments ( while living in Fl.) but I have not yet gone public in boonieville Tn. as of yet. Main reason is the backwoods mentality of the general populus...They just wouldn't understand......

Annemarie
06-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Been out twice, no doubt if I did it regularly it would quickly loose its attraction. It's like a drug addiction, the more you do it, the less effect it has.

MAJESTYK
06-26-2008, 08:39 AM
I do, but only when I walk my dog on weekends. Enough for me. I have no need to impress anyone but myself and , dang I'm impressive.:D

countrygirl
06-26-2008, 08:44 AM
To go out in public, For me it is a big step in the progressive nature of crossdressing. I wish so much to go out sometimes. But with out a wig and make-up. (none of which I have or know how to do). I would just look like a really weird guy in a dress. I am hopefull one day that I can take that step and go out and not worry what other people are thinking....

Amanda

rian
06-26-2008, 08:45 AM
At this stage and due to certain enviroment hazards Im obliged to stay at home and I enjoy it , yet I would be happy if my wife would share this with me , Yet I would like on the long run to do so .

tamarav
06-26-2008, 10:49 AM
The biggest hold-back for going out for most of us is shear fear. Fear of being caught or seen or whatever, I know it very well and was that way for umpteen years.

Now, I go out daily as I have made a conscious decision to be who I am and learn a new trade and work as a woman, daily. So, I go out dressed every day, doing the most mundane things that anybody has to do, taking the garbage out, to buying toilet paper.

If you take the time to look around you will find that there is such a wide spectrum of women out there that we as "new" women slide right in without so much as a wisp, if we let ourselves. The biggest problem is overcoming our own fear.

Just go to any mall and sit and watch humanity troop by. Surely you can look better than many of the women that go by!

You have to give yourselves more credit and learn not to be a victim in this whole life situation. Don't go out expecting to get caught, smile, move on. You will be amazed how many women actually feel out of place out there, they simply accept it.

Just yesterday I happened to be behind three young girls that each weighed at least 280+ with sloppy pants and unkempt hair. They were crude and just not feminine in any way. I got to the checkout and the clerk turned to me and said "Why can't people at least try to look good?" She obviously felt that I looked better than the 3 girls ahead of me, look at what you are measuring yourself against.

Get some professional help, get criticised by someone without any emotional ties to you, you will be amazed how quickly you can adapt.

Going out is not a huge barrier to anyone once they overcome the fear of the unknown. Don't go and use the lame excuse that I look better or that "she" looks better than I could ever look. With practice anybody can look as good if not better than so many of today's women. You don't have to look like a movie star or the glamour queen, start out as a "normal" woman and practice.

PhillyGuy2Girl
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Myself,I like being a stay at home girl.

vivianann
06-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I go out enfemme al the time, once I overcame the fear, it has been wonderful. and peaple for the most part are nice to me

PhillyGuy2Girl
06-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I go out enfemme al the time, once I overcame the fear, it has been wonderful. and peaple for the most part are nice to me

Thats great to hear. Even though I'd rather keep my CDing on the DL,I"m very supportive of those that want or go out femme.:)

Andrea_girl
06-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Ive always wanted to go out but never got up the courage to.

I think i would need to do it in another town and with someone else to hold my hand so to speak. That would then give me the practice to be able to go out alone.

Small steps for me i think will work

Im still unsure if i would pass, which worries me no end.

Sally1979ct
06-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Well ive been out a few time's in Southampton and London but saying that people don't really care around here than my home..

If i did go out again it will be when im at my GF or away on Holiday.

Also come to the point going out in Public . I have a Bus Pass with my photograph on which give's me free travel in the uk. If i was to CD in Public how would that work ?

Sally

victoriamwilliams1
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah! I go out every time I dress, my problem is that I am not comfortable dressing in my own state so I drive 50+ miles to Toledo OH and I am getting supper comfortable.

melisss2u
06-26-2008, 01:14 PM
also agree with tina

kayallen66
06-26-2008, 02:48 PM
I've gone out at Halloween a couple of times, out to the street to get the mail, and out on the back deck. I'd like to do more , but haven't yet.

bobbie_1048
06-26-2008, 02:49 PM
For me, being dressed behind locked doors and closed curtains was like being a dead athiest: All dressed up with nowhere to go.

After going out for the first time, I knew I had done the right thing for me and I never have regretted a moment of it. I've always been accepted, or at least tolerated where ever I've gone. I wish I'd done it a lot sooner.

I love going out. There is no feeling in the world like like being out and about and having someone acknowledge you with miss or ma'am.

-Paula-

Wanted to go out....Went out...Love going out!!!

I have before many times and can't wait to do it again.

Hiya Emily :) I luv going out, it's so great to go shopping and try things on before buying them. I get such a feeling of self satisfaction when I look at myself in the fitting room mirrors. It was well worth the "first time out jitters"

CD Susan
06-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Three months ago I made the decision to leave the closet and come out to the rest of the world. Before I made this decision I was afraid to even put a picture of myself on the internet. My picture is all over the internet now and it does not bother me in the least. I have been out dressed many times and it is such a great feeling every time. The first time someone called me maam I was just overwhelmed to the point that I felt like I was floating. My only regret is that I waited so many years before doing this.

Sally24
06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
I find it very hard now to get dressed if I'm not planning on going out. It just seems like too much work to just do, sit around, and then take everything back off. I usually only dress when I can spend anywhere from 6-24 hours dressed.

The feedback from others is very good and just feeling natural and "normal" while shopping or dining is hard to describe. You couldn't keep me at home if you tried!

sloane
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
If you desires... do it!

I was never been in public as a female, last week i did, in las vegas, and i was so great experience!!!

So, if you wanna go out, plan a trip and do it!

Karren H
06-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Once youv'e been out... staying at home just doesn't cut it!!

Jilmac
06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I love going out but hate going out alone so I guess I'm a stay at home girl most of the time. Being a widowed empty nester I can dress as much as I want and never tire of it. The last time I went out I was with a girlfriend (Rexy). We were going to attend Pridefest but a monsoon hit and the festival was rained out. We ended up hanging with some of my male friends then spent the rest of the night at a jazz club. Don't know when I'll be going out again. Luv and :hugs:

Andrea85
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I love to go out, but too bad it's in the middle of the night. I have issues with going out during the day. If I could maybe move somewhere else, I would, but I'm too afraid I'd meet someone I knew. Lol.

Sarahwithanh11
06-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I thought I wanted to go out for a long time, but never really considered what I'd have to do beyond putting on the clothes. Then as time went on I got more and more interested, better at makeup, adding accessories, etc. Finally, I got the courage and did get out for the first time about 6 months ago. I was scared to death of course, but now I've been out a number of times, getting a little bolder each time. And now I look forward to the next time and the next time after that. I think it's just a natural progression, the longer one dresses the more one wants to do. At least that's how it's worked out for me.

sarahNZ
06-27-2008, 05:27 AM
The desire to go out is always tempered by the realities of what would happen if someone I know notices me dressed as a woman in public. With so much to lose if I were to be discovered I take an extremely careful approach to being en femme in public..

I live in a small country in an even smaller town, everyone knows everyone and most are related in some way or other so chances of me going out in this town... non existent. Maybe one day in some other city or town. If S.O will allow it.

audrey-lynn
06-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Yes. I go out dressed all the time. I'm either fully dressed to include wig and forms , or I'm mixed dressed. But the best feeling is when I'm fully dressed and out shopping.

DonnaMo
06-27-2008, 06:34 AM
I still remember how exciting it was my first time out......took me hours andhours after I dressed to get up my nerve.

Emily Anderson
06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Wow, that's a MASSIVE response in favor of wanting to go out into the public world, at almost 95% in favor!

This makes me wonder if it is a "need" to go out, or if this would only be in an ideal situation?

For example, in my case, I don't pass at all, so my options are fairly limited and therefore I don't even consider going out. However, in an ideal world whereby crossdressing was considered "normal", I would just be one of the crowd.

RylieCD
06-27-2008, 12:33 PM
I have always been curious what it would be like to be out as a female, shopping or whatever. But as it stands right now I am pretty much a guy in a dress. Maybe someday I will join all of you :D

Sam-antha
06-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Going out is just what I dress for, its what most people dress for and I mean hoofing it along the public pavement.
For those trembling around twixt house, ar and club, please do remember that being read is definitely not the same as being recognised. Not that so very many will get read if care is taken with the all important female priority -- appearance, care and atention to detail----.

~Samm

heather42fl
06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I love going out if only to the starbucks drivethru. Makes it all seem worth while to me.

DeeDeeB
06-27-2008, 02:21 PM
I am sooooo looking forward to SCC Atlanta. It'll be my first besides Halloween.

Dee :fairy1:

Susancd
06-27-2008, 03:54 PM
I would love to go out dressed and browse, but unfortunately I don't think it will happen anytime soon!

tamara
06-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I would love to go out in public, but I am still affraid of doing it. The most I have done is drive around the city dressed in femme. I hope to some day have the courage to go out as Tamara....

ReginaS
06-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Part of the progression in my life... my staying in days are long over! Time to go out dancing!

LovelyRita
06-28-2008, 09:51 AM
I have twice been out dressed and loved it but It is so hard to make it out without friends or neighbors seeing you. And I dont travel often

Nadia-Maria
06-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Most of time, I don't have a desire to go out when crossdressed .
Nevertheless, I go out dressed sometimes.
As a consequence, I didn't vote.

Kisses

Nadia

Miss Petra
06-29-2008, 01:29 PM
First time out was in Dec 2007. Now I go out 2x a month minimum with no more fear and have the greatest time with Tiffany, Louann and all the other crazy LA Girls.

Dressing for me behind closed doors and curtains felt like I was in a prison. Shure it released those feelings but when hiding like that for me made me feel like I was doing something wrong and shameful.

Once I went out I was finally able to accept myself.

HUgz,

Miss P

debbeelee1
06-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I've only been out en femme 3 times and everytime was to a "CDing event". I'm sure not passable, but I had a great time each time out and can't wait to do it again!

Fab Karen
06-29-2008, 05:37 PM
My big milestone is to go out in public for the first time (bar or club or local CD organization)...probably in Philadelphia...and hopefully before October.

every milestone is a rush for certain...and I definitely want to go out...but its always a lot of guessing and second guessing and fretting. I imagine that once I finally do it, it will be like .."wow...that wasn't that hard...but it was great !"

Do it. Make a plan. Reasearch where to go ( if no t-girl specific places, you can find TG-friendly clubs, whether a gay club or diversity-friendly ( such as a fetish club ). Go have fun. Then come back & tell us about it. :)

Cassiemarie
07-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Ive been out a few times but only to CD events. Got a makeover and walked around the block afterwards, almost soiled my panties but survived. Going to a CD picnic this weekend and a CD garden party in a couple weeks. I'd love to become more comfortable around the public [away from hometown of course] I applaud all of you that have shown the courage to be yourself no matter what.

Patti Girl
07-02-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't feel the need to go out en femme. But I do like feeling somewhat girly. I feel I'm "somewhere inbetween" so I'm content to go out with femme jeans, a flat bra, small earrings, maybe very light lipstick. No desire to try to go the whole 9 yards and pass (which I probably couldn't). Just a desire to "be me" which is somewhat femme.

Patti

Juanita O
07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I would love to be out dressed in public, but i am scared to death of being caught. I know now that it would not cost me my job of anything, I have been to Las Vegas for a nascar race, i wanted to go to the race dressed, I have been dressed in my room.

Ashlee
07-02-2008, 10:05 AM
I went outside during my makeover for pics. I was scared as heck. I was reassured by Jamie though that I can't be recognized. My shape was changed, I was in female clothing with makeup and a wig. It's mind over matter so to speak. I was looking out "his" eyes seeing the same world I see each day but to the world what they were seeing was a "she" - make sense?? I look forward to another makeover and time outside as my pics are more natural and feminine looking.