PDA

View Full Version : Reliability of transsexual testing

emmicd
06-26-2008, 12:15 AM
How reliable are the results for transsexual tests like COGIATI?

My range of scoring fell in the realm of probable transsexual, score of 285.

I am indeed a crossdresser and a very feminine one at that and I have always felt more inclined to be a woman.

I would not however wish to disrupt my life and go have a sex change because I am to set in my ways and I am a very caring husband and father.

I know I have this double life but I need to be able to reconcile it and just be strong and live to deal with this conflict as best I can.

Sometimes life throws a curveball at you.

emmi

Deborah_UK
06-26-2008, 01:21 AM
try this thread about COGIATI

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59629

Jenny Ann
06-26-2008, 03:18 AM
I know what you mean emm. I scored 150 on the test, probable transexual. Like you I have no intentions of having a sex change. Crossdressing is just fine.

GypsyKaren
06-26-2008, 07:04 AM
COGIATI is total rubbish and should be burned with the rest of the garbage.

Karen Starlene :star:

CaptLex
06-26-2008, 08:58 AM
The real test is whether you absolutely feel you need to transition. If you can go on without it and it doesn't impede you mentally, that answers your question. It's not an easy journey so it should be something not to be undertaken unless you are prepared to lose everything in order to gain peace of mind. Just my take on it, of course. :2c:

christinac
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I would place absolutely no stock at all in any of these so called Transsexual, Gay, or Lesbian test. No two of them are the same and all of then will drive you batty.

Maggie Kay
06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
The COGIATI test is full of stereotypical bias and is so vague that it is hardly useful. If you are wondering about your gender identity I suggest seeing a gender therapist. Many have a free initial consultation. While they can't tell you definitively, at least you will have a professional to help you find out for yourself.

tracigirl_tv
06-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Sometimes life throws a curveball at you.

emmi

Gotta learn to hit the curveball if you wanna make the majors, girlfriend :)

I think the important thing is to do what you feel is right for you, regardless of what some test says. Sounds elementary, doesn't it?

xxx

Traci

Niya W
06-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey I thought COGIATI made those magic eight balls.