PDA

View Full Version : Not tonight, thank you

Byllie
06-26-2008, 01:42 PM
I've been in Germany, on my own, for nearly four weeks, and almost every night I've dressed in my one room apartment. But tonight I feel like taking a break.

Am I any less of a CD because of this? I think not. I mean, how many GGs dress-up every single day?

No, it's just the fluctuation in my moods, which I assume is perfectly natural. Still, it feels weird to say (to myself), "I think I'd rather not dress en femme, tonight." It's as if I'm being unfaithful to the feminine side of me. Am I cheating on myself?

I know, this is stupid, but it's the way I feel, and feelings are important. True?

So tonight I'll stay in drab mode, at least till I throw my PJs on, watching videos on my laptop, working on stuff for my classes and such. Tonight, as my motto goes, "neither male nor female."

Toodles!
Byllie

Tina Dixon
06-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Don't all ways need to dress up heck when I'm on line here I feel like i'm dressed.

LindaMarie
06-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Billie,

One of the great things about being a crossdresser is that we can decide who we want to be for a particular night (or even hour).

There have been times when I haven't been able to dress for a while then I suddenly and unexpectedly get an opportunity, but, for some reason, I'm just not in the mood. Sometimes, I've dressed anyway, because I don't know when I'll have another opportunity and other times I've just said "tonight's not the night."

After a couple of weeks of being able to dress, it makes all the sense in the world to me that you might want a little "guy" break.

Linda

kimmy p
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Byllie my dear.... dress as you want, how you want, when you want. For any of us to say otherwise would be hypocritical. Just chill tonight!:)

Bonnie D
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Byllie,

Being a CD has nothing to do with quantity of dressing time or having to dress at every possible opportunity to do so. Dress when you want to, when it is convenient for you, when it is going to make you feel good doing so, a release of your feminine self and that doesn't necessarily mean everyday just because you can.

Bonnie

Deborah Jane
06-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Hiya Byllie.
Just dress when you want to, you don,t have to dress all the time just because you are a crossdresser.
Sometimes having a break from it can make it more fun when you next decide you want to dress again.

Byllie
06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks, girls. I was starting to feel like I had a split personality. So I sit here, online, en drab ... of course I am wearing a little bit of perfume. <tee hee>

linnea
06-26-2008, 04:19 PM
A break from what? You're not really changing anything about how you feel inside by what you wear outside. Lots of CDs, myself included, say that we feel more feminine when we are dressed en femme. What a surprise! However, what I feel inside about my own feminine nature, in one respect, has nothing to do with what I wear. If I were unable to dress en femme for a long time, I would definitely miss it, but the thoughts and feelings that I have would remain.
I see absolutely nothing for you to be concerned with about your not dressing up for an evening.

CD Susan
06-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Byllie, I agree with what the others have said. I think all of us do what you asked about and that is perfectly natural. I take a break from dressing at times even though the opportunity is there. Sometimes I don't shave for a few days and that is when I am most likely to take a break. This makes it that much more fun when I resume the dressing.

Toni_Lynn
06-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Byllie

What you are saying shows true comfort and maturity in not only your crossdressing, but also acceptance of the girl within.

Dress as you like and when you like and don't let anyone tell you anything different

BTW -- I like your avatar!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Byllie
06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
BTW -- I like your avatar!
Thanks, Toni-Lynn. I teach computer graphics and animation, so the avatar came naturally.

And thanks to all of you for making me realize that it's what's inside that truly matters.

TGMarla
06-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Don't sweat it Byllie. There isn't a quota we all need to meet. Heck, I've had the whole house to myself this whole week, and I didn't dress the last two nights. Been under the weather instead. Tonight, however, I think I'll dress. Why? Because I feel like it. The last two nights, I didn't feel like it.

Deanna2
06-26-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't get 'dressed up' every day. Sometimes it is nice just to hang out around home in a cami and panties (and maybe a pair of heels).

Caroline C
06-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I only dress a few times a week when I have more than just an hour or so to do so and I feel in the mood. But when it comes time to hit the sack I like to wear a nice silky nightgown and panties. I don't need a bra (I've never heard of a GG wearing a bra sleeping) or breastforms to feel the part and I sleep so much better.