PDA

View Full Version : Yes, that is me..

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Alright.. I finally broke down and posted a pic of myself. Yes, an actual picture of myself in my avatar. That picture is from the 2006 UnQueenly Pageant held final weekend of the Texas Renaissance Festival. It was my fourth year competing in the pageant. My persona is "Ivanna Stiffone", and there are currently ideas of turning the next show into "The Esmi and Ivanna Show" because myself and one other contestant seem to be the only ones that keep signing up for it. ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

P.S. Yes, that is a wig I am wearing in the pic, my own har is MUCH longer than that.

CaptLex
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Looks like a cool outfit, Kandis, but the pic is so small, it's hard to see well. Maybe you can post the same one in your profile - a little bigger? :raisedeyebrow:

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Ask and ye shall receive CaptLex. Just put a larger version of that pic in my profile.

CaptLex
06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Very nice! :clap:

Nice dress, cool sleeves and the crown of flowers (is that what it's called?) looks cool too. :thumbsup:

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Very nice! :clap:

Nice dress, cool sleeves and the crown of flowers (is that what it's called?) looks cool too. :thumbsup:

Thanks, My sponsor that year made me the dress, it was 12 yards of panne velvet and the garland of flowers was made with silk roses. Add to that the opera length white gloves and the 4 inch heeled "granny boots", plus she had to cinch me down to a 34 inch waist to get that dress to fit me properly. We always tend to go all out for that competition.. hmmm I wonder why?? ~giggles~ Then there was the year I wore the Hooter's waitress uniform. Now THAT was a fun year. LOL

Darlene Dippy
06-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Just gotto ask Kandis (cus I'm nosey) why the change of heart regards said avitar?:Pullhair:

Darlene

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Just gotto ask Kandis (cus I'm nosey) why the change of heart regards said avitar?:Pullhair:

Darlene

Honestly, I don't think I ever really had anything against putting a real picture of myself up.. I just never uploaded one to the internet until today. Besides, if someone I know sees it here, one has to ask what are they doing on this site?

CD Susan
06-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Kandis, I went to your profile and viewed the bigger photo. It is very nice and I like that dress.

DonnaT
06-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Nice to see you Kandis.

PheonaP
06-26-2008, 03:35 PM
DROOL and DREAM - 12 yards of Panne Velvet, how dreamy is that?? :hugs:

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 03:43 PM
DROOL and DREAM - 12 yards of Panne Velvet, how dreamy is that?? :hugs:

The Best part was I bought the fabric on eBay for $1.00 a yard. WOOHOO... ;)

Leann James
06-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Kandis; OMG you look wonderfull. I had no idea they had a UnQueenly Pagent at TRF and am glad to hear about it. I will be there this year and I hope you will be there to. I have been with TRF for over 20 years. I have wondered how many girls here hav been to TRF or other Ren. Fest. and did they go dressed or in costume? By the way I am located about 10 mi. north of TRF here in TEXAS.

Leann :love: :hugs:

KandisTX
06-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks to all for the nice comments.

Leann, We do not hold the UnQueenly every year, the director has been fighting with some health issues so the rest of us have put it on hiatus for the last season. I'm not sure if we are going to do it this year yet or not.. but I guess we need to plan it soon if it is going to happen.

Angie G
06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Looking good Kandis sound likr you enjoy the fair. :hugs:
Angie

KandisTX
06-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Looking good Kandis sound likr you enjoy the fair. :hugs:
Angie

Oh, I always enjoy the faire... this happens after hours in the patron camping area, usually on the last Saturday night of the season. (I can't be dressed during the day as I work at a booth and that could hurt my business).