PDA

View Full Version : Too funny.... Double check your hotel room....

Karren H
06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
......... Before you leave.....

As many know I don't travel light.. And its always a challenge packing up all my stuf and heading home.. Especially after working at the mine for a few days and going out enfemme at night.. I get very little sleep... So I usually check to make sure I've gotten everything I took.. No bras hanging on the lamps.. Or nighties behind the bathroom doors... Not that I care if the staff knows because I stay at the same hotels.... And I figure most know...

Any way.. I went through this yesterday morning... And I was sure that nothing was left behind and equally important.. Everything that was supposed to go into the house actually did.. And nothing else...

So I get home late that evening.. And my wife greats me...........with a letter... From the hotel I just left?? And then she drops two of my long dangly clip-on earrings into my hand... "Appearently the hotel says you left these last time you were there" she says.. Not smiling.... Ahhhhh.... Thanks..... How nice of them.......... Grrrrrrr.....

Ohh well... I'm lucky she has a short attention span and doesn't stay mad long!! Hahaha. But then, half an hour later.... When I was unpacking my kit bag in the bedroom... Out pops a tube of mascara, tube of eye liner and a hand full of q-tips wth makeup all over them... (Dumb dumb........ Mental note.... Double check the stupid kit bag...). So she looks at me... Shakes her head and walks into the other room.. Ohhh welll.... I'm really really glad she doesn't stay mad long... Lol.

Well, if you are in a simular situation.... double...... No triple check what you leave behind.. Not because you may never see it again... It may follow you home when you really don't want it to!! :)

Anyone have anything left behind come back to visit them?

DonnaT
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Not ready to come clean yet?

PheonaP
06-26-2008, 03:28 PM
You evidently stay at Hotels with honest staff. On two occasions I have found I had left items at a hotel when UNpacking at home. Phone calls to both hotels produced a "Nothing found in your room." response.
First time it was my toothbrush charger, second time it was my mobile phone charger.

Karren H
06-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Not ready to come clean yet?

Lol... I am clean... She just doesn't want to know about it... So I honor her wishes...... As much as possible.....

And I don't know if its honesty or more likely because I leave very good room tips for house. keeping... To show my appreciation and to cover any thing for makeup on the pillows to mascara on the towels... To feathers all over the bathroom. ( A whole different story there!! ). Than and the fact that the girls in house keeping don't wear clip-ons!! Lol

Niya W
06-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Err the come clean thing had to be a joke. Because if you were in the closet and the tubes of mascara popped out this would be a different thread. No smiles It would be more like my wife found out and I'm the dog house. No really I'm in the dog house complete with water bowl

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Karren, Karren, Karren... You know, coming from anyone else but YOU I would have to say that has got to be some of the weirdest luck in the world.

I just LOVE reading about your adventures.

Kandis:love::rose2:

linnea
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
On my last hotel stay, I left a pair of panties hanging on a hook in the bathroom. I didn't realize this until I was many miles away, so I just decided to take my chances. As it turns out, my decision was good. No doubt the panties went into the trash. I've left a few other things, but one hotel manager told me that the hotel would probably not attempt to return things like underwear for reasons of cost and discretion. Jewelry is another matter and so are special clothing items.
I've had good luck so far.

KateSpade83
06-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Do you actually go deep underground in mines?

Deanna2
06-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Staff at 'proper' hotels generally are honest. On one occasion at the Sheraton in Hong Kong I deliberately left behind an old windcheater jacket, that was well past its best-by date, thinking that the housekeeping staff would throw it out or take it home. Neither. Because I am a regular guest there they actually laundered it and had it waiting for me folded in a plastic bag when I turned up a few weeks later. I had to throw it out myself.

On the other side of the coin I was once staying at a motel in San Luis Obsipo, California. I found a pair of silver high heel sandals, still in their box, under the bed. Obviously the staff didn't do a thorough job. In hindsight I can only wonder if one of the sisters has been staying there and dressing up.

Karren H
06-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Do you actually go deep underground in mines?

Yep..... Safer than driving to work every day.....

StephanieC
06-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Karen, you have such a colorful life.

Interesting point about hotels. I've never had quite this problem but over the years I've left lots of things in hotels and always received them back. I can remember one time in particular when my kids were small...one used to travel with a small embroidered pillow and we accidently forgot it when we left. A call to the hotel found the pillow in the laundry and they were good enough to Fedex the item home. Pretty remarkable considering how much laundry a hotel must have. But we always stay at the same hotel chain so perhaps that's good for something.

Oh by the way, that child is now 16 and the pillow is still somewhere in the room (sans the cover).

Sharon
06-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Yep..... Safer than driving to work every day.....

So, technically, you aren't in a closet but, rather, in a cave. (Okay, technically it isn't a cave either, but it sounds so much better than "shaft.") :D

Along with your gratuities to housekeeping, perhaps you can leave a note telling them to dispose of any personal items they may find?

Karren H
06-26-2008, 08:24 PM
So, technically, you aren't in a closet but, rather, in a cave. :D

Along with your gratuities to housekeeping, perhaps you can leave a note telling them to dispose of any personal items they may find?

Great idea... I usually leave a note complimenting them on the room... it the room is worth complimenting...

27th Jennifer
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
You evidently stay at Hotels with honest staff. On two occasions I have found I had left items at a hotel when UNpacking at home. Phone calls to both hotels produced a "Nothing found in your room." response.
First time it was my toothbrush charger, second time it was my mobile phone charger.
Wow. I work at a hotel where we keep a box of chargers from rooms that people left behind. If they call, we ship it to them, otherwise, every few months we just throw them out. I've found things left in rooms, but I couldn't tell you who might have left them there.

jamie55
06-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Karen: You have just too much fun. Sometimes when I'm on the road moving rigs I'll stay in the same hotel for days or even weeks at a time. I like my whiskey when I get back in the evenings and started noticing that I was drinking way too much, or so I thought. So on a whim I marked the fluid level with a sharpie. Well guess what the maid was taking a nip. I never said anything as she did a good job cleaning up after me.

Bernadina
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Not left anything that followed me home, but have found some interesting things left behind by previous guests and missed by the cleaning staff.

Trisha
06-26-2008, 09:43 PM
oh so funny you are lol i have left things in the past but did not get them back tho :)

sissystephanie
06-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I never left anything when checking out, but did have an experience while staying in a rather expensive Motel several years ago. In cooler wather i usually sleep in a silk nightgown. One day I overslept and was in a hurry to get to an appointment. I left my nightgown on the bed instead of hanging it up. BTW, the staff knew I was a CD! When the maid changed the bed, she gathered up the dirty bedclothes and stuffed them in her dirty laundry bag. But she also gathered up my nightgown. It got washed with the dark blue sheets!! The nightgown was a pale pink when I left it on the bed!::o Not when I finally got it back. But the Motel did pay me for the damage! Of course, I bought a new one and kept the old one.

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

rachel_rachel
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
You know Karren if you stay in the same hotels regularly enough... they should have known they were yours and kept them there until you went back there!!!

Mitzi
06-27-2008, 12:49 AM
A story with a different twist...

I stayed at a nicer hotel in the Pacific Northwest, I don't recall just where, when I was traveling a lot on my job.

One evening, I got all prettied up and was admiring myself in the mirrored sliding closet door. Not satisfied with the lighting, I pulled the door off its track and repositioned it to get a better view. I accidentally tipped the door, and CRASH!! it fell over and shattered to pieces... OMG, here I am all dressed up with full makeup... Well, luckily no one heard the crash... I got back into male mode, and went to the front desk to report the accident, fully expecting them to charge me for the damage.

They didn't ask what happened, just apologized for the incident and gave me another room...phew...

Mitzi

vivianann
06-27-2008, 03:26 AM
Did you do the Homer Simpson DOH!!! when your wife presented the ear rings to you?

LUVTHOSEHEELS
06-27-2008, 05:11 AM
On the other side of the coin I was once staying at a motel in San Luis Obsipo, California. I found a pair of silver high heel sandals, still in their box, under the bed. Obviously the staff didn't do a thorough job. In hindsight I can only wonder if one of the sisters has been staying there and dressing up.

Hey,you found them! I'v been looking for those!:tongueout

AliciaWeb
06-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Some years ago, before I retired, I was on a conference trip and left my makeup bag behind. I worried for weeks that it would be returned by "helpful" staff, but nothing happened. I hope someone made good use of it all.

MsJanessa
06-27-2008, 05:29 AM
I've stayed at the same hotel on trips to Portland for 6 years and they know all about Me---it's gone through two name changes and 3 changes in ownership--if I leave something in the room they just hold it for Me for next time---I'm pretty sure under one ownership one of the maids tried on one of My wigs---it was perfectly styled when I left in the morning and less so in the afternoon.

Ashley Lynn Swift
06-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Karen, you have such a colorful life.

Interesting point about hotels. I've never had quite this problem but over the years I've left lots of things in hotels and always received them back. I can remember one time in particular when my kids were small...one used to travel with a small embroidered pillow and we accidently forgot it when we left. A call to the hotel found the pillow in the laundry and they were good enough to Fedex the item home. Pretty remarkable considering how much laundry a hotel must have. But we always stay at the same hotel chain so perhaps that's good for something.

Oh by the way, that child is now 16 and the pillow is still somewhere in the room (sans the cover).

I used to be a desk clerk at a hotel with 120 rooms, not a real big one but average size, and i got to say you'd be surprise at how much laundry a hotel doesn't actually have, it's not as much as you might think

Emily Ann Brown
06-27-2008, 07:57 AM
So THAT's where I left those pair of heels?!!!!! Looked everywhere for them.

And Karren, thank goodness you didn't mention those "were Emily Ann's earrings" !!! TEE HEE.

Emily Ann

Amy Hepker
06-27-2008, 08:14 AM
The hotel staff knew you were there to just get dressed and figured your wife did not know so they sent you the items hoping to get you in trouble. I mean you did check in as a guy, Right???

LUVTHOSEHEELS
06-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey Emily Ann ,I called them first......opps! :devil:

Sam-antha
06-27-2008, 01:50 PM
It was not quite an hotel, just a boarding house that had grown up - alright a small hotel if you like - and it had a cat. The cat got to play with my hairpiece, which went downstairs with it. I did find it halfway down but I have no idea how many folk passed it by.

~Samm

veroncia57
06-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Working undrground is not so bad, it stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Karren H
06-28-2008, 04:07 PM
The hotel staff knew you were there to just get dressed and figured your wife did not know so they sent you the items hoping to get you in trouble. I mean you did check in as a guy, Right???

Hmmm. Could be.. I do check in as a guy but have checked out enfemme a few times..

cdjenny20
06-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I've never had a problem leaving things in hotels on business trips, but I did have one interesting experience. I had finished my business for the day early and went back to the hotel. The bed was made, everything in it's place, no maids on the floor and I began to get dressed up. What I didn't realize was that they still hadn't put towels in the bathroom. As I'm sitting there in my pink blouse, black skirt and panythose(no makeup or wig or anything), the door opened up and it was the maid whose job it was to go around and put towels in all of the rooms. I now make sure I lock all of the locks when I'm inside a room.....