PDA

View Full Version : When to tell the kids?

CowGurl Rachel
06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
My daughter is too young to know yet, I think, as she is only 5. My wife and I are trying for our secnd, hoping for a boy. That said, when do you tell the kids? I am limited now on when I can dress, 'cause the little girl says, "Boys don't wear panties/dresses, only girls." When is the right time to let the kids know that sometimes daddy likes dressing like girls, and that's ok?

Rachel

Amy Hepker
06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
My kids found out when my xwife used to yell at me calling me all kinds of things. I explained to the kids at that time.

Sally1979ct
06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Im prob's in the same boat, My Son is 2 and he's a little to young yet to ask question's but he will when he get's slightly older !

Sally

CD Susan
06-28-2008, 02:41 AM
My son found out when he was nine. My ex-wife outed me to him when we were going through the divorce. It backfired on her as he accepted it while she would not.

DanaR
06-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Why do they need to know? That's a big secret to drop on the shoulders of your kids. I always thought that what I do shouldn't reflect on my wife or kids, but in some ways it does.

Carroll
06-28-2008, 05:57 AM
My kids know about and have see Carroll. My youngest is a 6 year old girl and I have two boys, 9 and 20. The oldest has never seen me dressed because he lives in ND with his mom.
As far as telling kids, that is up to you. You are going to get many views on this subject, so I'll give you mine. My wife and I are trying to raise our kids to be open-minded and to accept people for who they are and respect their choices of how they live. In Ithaca, where we live, there is a lot of diversity. We have a large LGBT community. When I first started dressing in front of the kids, they would ask me why. I just simply told them that it is something I like to do. I also explained to them that they don't need to tell anyone. I said that this was NOT a secret, but something just for the family. My daughter has made comments in the past such as "Daddy, your a boy, go put your bald hair back on". When she says something like that, I do go and change back. My wife and me have been complemented on how we are raising our children by my daughter's counselor (she is autistic; PDD-NOS, borderline Asbergers) and by Child Protective services (There is a story behind CPS :) )

Well, thats my story....and yes, I am sticking to it! :D
Carroll

Di
06-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Why do they need to know? That's a big secret to drop on the shoulders of your kids. I always thought that what I do shouldn't reflect on my wife or kids, but in some ways it does.

EXACTLY.....Kids have enough on them with peer pressure ect when growing up no need to add . Plus if it would be a secret...that would be a horrible thing to do to a child having to keep a secret. :2c: SOOOO UNLESS you are out to all your family , friends work ect why would you consider it?

Sally1979ct
06-28-2008, 09:17 AM
If someone is going to CD most of the time anyway' like myself , I think it would be best for my Son to know and it will make it easyer for myself to explain when he's older.

His Mum doesn't live with us but she know's that i CD anyway's .

I surpose that everyone has a different view on this topic

Sally