PDA

View Full Version : I'm thru being a Woman...

Lisa Rose
06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
....it's too friggin hot. Over the years I've spent most of the summer shirtless and usually just a short skirt. This summer I'd decided to tuff it out and wear forms, bra and top to make 'it' official. I've been doing quite well until this morning, then I went topless.

If there is any reason for women to be able to go topless, it's the heat. I luv my forms, I luv my bra's and with the two I've been able to add to my wardrobe but I'm spending the rest of the summer topless.

Ladies you have my empathy, you have my sympathy, and god knows I would luv to be a woman but I would be on the Courthouse steps with my sign and going topless protesting the absurd social rule that, just because I'm a women, I can't run around without a shirt on.

Tina Dixon
06-28-2008, 02:54 PM
99% of the men shouldn't be allowed to go topless also!

Deborah Jane
06-28-2008, 03:04 PM
When it gets hot i just wear a bikini or a swimsuit.

LilSissyStevie
06-28-2008, 03:10 PM
99% of the men shouldn't be allowed to go topless also!

Ain't that the truth!

Jessica212
06-28-2008, 03:23 PM
When it gets hot i just wear a bikini or a swimsuit.

As do I! It's certainly a lot easier.

Jilmac
06-28-2008, 03:30 PM
99% of the men shouldn't be allowed to go topless also!Some of the guys who run around topless with their man boobs exposed ought to be arrested too.:eek:

sandra-leigh
06-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Ladies you have my empathy, you have my sympathy, and god knows I would luv to be a woman but I would be on the Courthouse steps with my sign and going topless protesting the absurd social rule that, just because I'm a women, I can't run around without a shirt on.

A few years ago, a high court in Ontario (large province in Canada) ruled that it was legal for women to be topless in public as long as there was no sexual intent. (e.g., couldn't be used to advertise a strip club.) This was not appealed to the Supreme court, and if I recall correctly, two other provinces specifically said they would adopt the same rule. Although (if I recall) there was no specific statement from the other provinces, the reporting at the time was of the flavour that the other provinces would likely also use the ruling as the applicable precedent -- i.e., that the ruling was clear enough in its interpretation of Charter equality rights that the other provinces would likely understand that if they were to try to pursue a contrary course and someone bothered to challenge them in court, that the province would probably lose. On the other hand, as long as there is no specific law or court ruling in those provinces, there is always the intimidation factor -- police can threaten or even charge those whom they know will not have the resources to challenge the charges.

A useful site in this matter is the Topfree Equal Rights Association (TERA), which operates out of Canada but includes information about US incidents and laws as well. For example some of their current site material mentions a case of a US male who was given a citation for appearing topless in public.

The TERA site is reachable under two names, tera.ca and topfree.ca . In keeping with the policies of this forum, I have given the site names but not provided URL link, as the site happens to have pictures of (oddly enough) topless women.

Note: as far as I have been able to determine, the site is legitimate and not just an excuse to show topless women.

Patti Girl
06-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Some of the guys who run around topless with their man boobs exposed ought to be arrested too.:eek:

Arrested? Here in Ohio it's legal for a woman to go topless in public, why shouldn't men have the same option? Are you being sexist? (Just kidding...).

While it may be legal, I can't report having seen too many women topless however.

Patti

Charona
06-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Limiting the discussion to the US and probably Canada, I suspect a woman going topless in public will face many of the same social pressures as does a man wearing women's clothing. It might be legal, it might be practical, it might be comfortable, but it isn't generally socially acceptable. She will be stared at, and she will likely be thought to be of loose morals if not an outright ****. You already know what sort of reactions a man wearing women's clothing gets.

Emily Anderson
06-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Long live TERA!

Karren H
06-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Why do you think I live up North!!! lol cooler and in the winter you get to wear more womens clothing... and more is better!! :)

Lisa Rose
06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Long live TERA!

Here! Here! Thanks, Tess, for the info.