PDA

View Full Version : When meeting another CD, what are you really looking for?

tamara
06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I know that you have probably discussed this toopic, but since I am new here I would like to know:

Emily Anderson
06-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Principally, I would be looking to find a friend. Someone who talks, listens and understands, and that I can talk to and understand. Someone that I can confide in, someone who makes me feel better about myself, and that I can help feel better about themself. Someone that completes me, and that I can help complete.

In essence, it takes one to know one.

I think the poll choices are shallow!

deja true
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I agree, Em!

Some may choose one of these answers, but the choices of what we really want in a friend are infinite, not bound by any of these sex/no sex answers.

Each of us might have a slightly different shade of any of these specifics.

What will be will be, my child. Not exactly sensible to carry a clipboard and only accept a limited range of possibilities...

Kate Simmons
06-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Depends on the person really.:)

Deborah Jane
06-29-2008, 04:00 AM
I couldn,t answer your poll Tamara as none applied to me!!!
I,ll tell you what i,m looking for though...

I,m looking/hoping to find a friend who i can just be myself with.
Someone i can go out shopping, clubbing, whatever with.
Someone i can enjoy talking with, just someone who over time will probably become my dearest friend.

Just someone who understands me, the same way as i understand her...
A true friend!!!

Byllie
06-29-2008, 04:02 AM
I voted for "Other" because I'd want something more than a shopping buddy, but somehow "intimate" is too strong a word for my liking.

Karen_Ski
06-29-2008, 04:38 AM
I think for many of us we could answer all of the above or none of the above at different times of our lives. Personally I look for friends who want to share experiences with, if the relationships grows from there so be it. As for the one night stand issue, well maybe 20 years ago but thankfully this gurl has matured beyond that.

Lois Page
06-29-2008, 04:45 AM
Initially, someone to share CD experiences with. Latter, if the friendship is good, someone to go out en femme with (shopping, etc.).
Lois

Phyliss
06-29-2008, 05:06 AM
I voted for "Other" because I'd want something more than a shopping buddy, but somehow "intimate" is too strong a word for my liking.

What she said. Finding a "quickie" is easy enough. BUT that's not what I'm looking for. I've met a few CD ers and while it has been pleasant, we somehow just didn't "click" as for becoming friends. It's difficult enough finding a friend, in whom you can confide, trust, be comfortable with, and enjoy their company, but add in the demension of CDing and it becomes even more tricky.

tamara
06-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Thank to all for your answers. And I apologize if you did not feel identified with the options in the poll. There are so many different things that we may look for in an encounter with other CD, that is very difficult, if not impossible, to find questions for the poll that cover all realities. I am just looking to understand how I do compare with the rest of the group.
In my case, I also look for somebody to share the experience of crossdressing, shopping, somebody that can understand my urges to be in femme. But I do not look for a sexual relationship at all. And I started this poll after reading in an old thread that some people was interested in having secual relationships with other crossdresserers. When I saw that, I got a little bit scared, because that is definitely not what I am looking for.

But so far, the poll shows that there are penty of us who are looking the same thing. Aleluya!!!

Angie G
06-29-2008, 06:15 AM
I have never met another cd one on one if I do it would just be as a friend with something in common. :hugs:
Angie

MichelleNJ
06-29-2008, 09:56 AM
I have two CD friends one we just dress and take photos and the other one we get intimate.