PDA

View Full Version : Imitation Woman

Emily Anderson
06-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Here's a different take on an age-old question for MtF's.

Why do you want to imitate a woman?

Karren H
06-28-2008, 07:19 PM
I just like looking pretty, myself!! :)

Barclay
06-28-2008, 07:19 PM
For me, wearing female clothing makes me feel good.

Lisa Rose
06-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I,m not imitating a woman Emily!!

I am a woman, it,s just that my bodies wrong :sad:

Ditto!!!!

Deborah Jane
06-28-2008, 07:25 PM

I am a woman it,s just that my bodies wrong :sad:

Ditto!!!!

{Reposted after suffering an extreme "blond moment and deleting the origanal by accident :doh:]

charlie
06-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Because I really love the way a woman looks. Imitation is the best and biggest part of flattery.

jayme357
06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
I really don't know!

I think, if I had my choice, I would rather not have this need. That's one side of me. Another side says that I am so fortunate to be able to enjoy both my male and female characteristics. It is a constant dilema. I have read many posts that say that if they had the choice, they would never have elected to be female focused. The honest truth for me is that I would not have wanted to miss the shear enjoyment of being who I am (or seem to be).

I truly love being Jayme. Almost to the point that I would give up everything else to accomplish that. My SO is tuned in enough to realize this, but of course I deny it whenever it becomes an issue. I fool myself. She left for five days of visiting with family and said "I won't be gone five minutes before you will be dressed." To prove her wrong I lasted 12 hours. Did I win or lose? I have no idea.

I wish the answers were easier, but they are not.

God bless us all.

Angie G
06-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :hugs:
Angie

Joann0830
06-28-2008, 08:26 PM

I am a woman it,s just that my bodies wrong :sad:

{Reposted after suffering an extreme "blond moment and deleting the origanal by accident :doh:]

I could not say it anybetter then Deborah Jane Thank You Deborah Jane.
Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

RitaCD
06-28-2008, 08:26 PM
I really don't know either. At this point in my life I don't want to know. I don't think of it as imitation. I think I am just being me. I have done this for so long that it is now 2nd nature. I love my fem side and don't believe I will ever stop trying to improve my appearance. Call it imitation if you will, I call it dedication to success.

CowGurl Rachel
06-28-2008, 08:33 PM
I consider it more towards self-expression. I am expressing the female side of myself. I think what "outsiders" fail to understand, is that it goes beyond the clothes and makeup. My personality traits, attitudes, etc... are the femme parts of me you can't see. I just make it easier to see me by dressing up all pretty like. Of course, satin and silk are heaven... so are a sweet pair of shoes.

KateSpade83
06-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, I wish I were born a hot woman but that's never gonna happen. So imitation is the closest I can get.

Holly
06-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't want to imitate anyone... I just want to be myself.

jennifer41356
06-28-2008, 09:52 PM
why not?:brolleyes:

Eileen
06-28-2008, 09:54 PM
There are many reasons we choose to dress feminine. As Holly said it may be to be herself and Deborah Jane said she is a woman. I think they are both right. We, myself included, may well have come into this world with a mind that is more female than male. Quite possibly, if not influenced so strongly by society, we would have developed at a very young age much the want a gg does in her early years. In any case, what is important is that we all find our comfort level and enjoy life.

Eileen

sterling12
06-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Well at least a part of me is often imitating a man. I would think it's imperative that the other part imitates a woman. That way we keep The Universal Karmic Wheel in balance.

And yes, this answer makes every bit as much sense as your question!

Peace and Love, Joanie

emmicd
06-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Women are beautiful, feminine, smart, strong, caring, nurturing, supportive, and fun to look at and they just look so good no matter what they dress in.

I admire women and had a strong bond and connection with my mom who I miss dearly.

I also love pretty clothes.

I love women and I love womens clothing.

That does it for me!

emmi

marny
06-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Define imitate. I think it is a poor choice of words. I think what we do is emulate and try to become as close as we can without taking the drastic further steps.

DawnRodgers
06-29-2008, 12:37 AM
That makes as much sense as asking why I want to imitate a man. That's how I feel. I feeel more natural when being a woman, I's gladly live out my life as one. I know that I will never be one- I don't have all the instincts a woman gets from growing up as one and by their contacts with other girls and boys. But I can try my best. Love the breadth of styles and colors that women we2ar. Hair satyles, shoes, male up, freedom of emotion, all that I can think of. Yes, l,ife would certainly be different what with gender biases, life differences, child bearing and raising, and such but I would also like to be in the vangard of changing those things and claiming women's right for equality with men. Steps have been taken but there is still a long way to go and someday men wanting to be feminne and pretty and strong will seem as natural as women wanting to move into positions and duties once thought to be the exclusive right of men.

ReginaS
06-29-2008, 12:40 AM
No imitation...just making the outside match the inside!

linnea
06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Imitation seems to me to be a natural form of establishing connections. For example, observing people in a conversation, one can see that persons who are connecting with one another often mirror the posture and arm position of the members of their group.
Imitation, according to the cliche, is a form (perhaps one of the greatest forms) of flattery. Men do love women in many senses of the word "love"; imitating them is a way of showing that.
Imitation is also a way of mocking usually through exaggeration; sometimes this has a humor or satiric effect.
And we learn by imitation. Humans, I think, are natural learners. We imitate sounds, gestures, social behaviors, and in do so we establish and develop our ability to communicate orally and bodily as well as our skills at getting along with and for others.
If we enjoy something apart from ourselves, we often imitate it as a way of making it our own. This is a very powerful human quality that anthropologists could write a lot about (e.g., imitate the lion's roar to make the lion's power your own; dance in a way that looks like a gazelle to attain its grace and speed; or dance a dance that suggests sexual behavior as a way to enjoy a powerful, intimate experience with your partner (watch "Dancing with the Stars" to see this in action).
I think that imitation is a very natural and wonderful way of expression and assimilation.
I imitate women because it helps me to become more in tune with the feelings I have about femininity and to give those feelings the fullest expression.

linnea
06-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I just like looking pretty, myself!! :)

And what Karren said.

Paula Rae
06-29-2008, 02:35 AM
Quote: "Why do you want to imitate a woman?"

I don't imitate, I am a Woman in a Man's body.

Paula Rae

Claire3
06-29-2008, 02:40 AM
Im not imitating anyone.Im Claire:)

Kate Simmons
06-29-2008, 03:43 AM
I think it's mostly an outer expression of inner feelings. To really imitate a woman implies a lot of hard work and caring about others.:)

Byllie
06-29-2008, 04:04 AM
I don't want to imitate anyone... I just want to be myself.
Ditto!

Cary
06-29-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm not trying to copy, I'm just trying to be happy. Life is short enough. Why not be happy?:2c:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-29-2008, 04:23 PM
It's not imitating a women, it's as many have expressed already it defines my image of myself, I like pretty clothes, pretty colors, I feel comfortable in them. So I wear what I like, but I also fear what society does to people who are different so I am careful what I wear and where I wear, if that makes sense. Feeling good. :battingeyelashes:

Kris
06-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I have thought about this question a lot, simply because women get paid less, have less choices than men do, men seem to get out of doing housework, they can just get up and go to bed...

I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter why you all crossdress. I just think it's sexy!

Hugs,
Kris

Lauren Gray
06-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I think we emulate the people or images that ring true to each of us. I love to ride my road bicycle and I might have the same type of bike and wear the same jersey as Lance Armstrong but I am not trying to imitate him.

Emily Anderson
06-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Imitate: To have or assume the appearance of; simulate; resemble.

Emulate: To try to equal or excel; imitate with effort to equal or surpass.

I'm tired of people who can't just read the bloody question and either a) respond or b) ignore the question if they don't understand the intended meaning.

Some people seem to take pleasure in twisting everything.

Eva Marie
06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Imitate -- Does an actor imitate? I suppose the answer is "yes", although the actor transposes an element of him/her self into the script. And, I suppose I attempt to imitate (role model?) when I dress. But, in that regard, am I imitating when I don a tuxedo, for example, at the appropriate time and place? I think there's some "gray area" there.

But, the question was, and is, "why imitate?" I "imitate" because, first of all, it's just a part of my nature to do things a little differently; a bit out of the "mainstream". It might ruffle some people. Then, I really like the varieties, as already stated in previous posts. I enjoy the look and the feel of nice fabrics (and other things, as well). I have no illusions concerning my ability to "pass" or to be sexually attractive, but the effort in that direction is reward in itself. We can only strive for perfection.