PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice from some other girls.

jessie_cd
06-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Im looking to get some input from some of you other girls on here. My situation is this. I would really like to tell my girlfriend that I dress. She is very open minded and I think she would be ok with it. I have kind of tested the waters a bit with crossdressing jokes and very subtle hints. I once told her about a dream I had where I started crossdressing and she asked in the dream if we should go shopping. When I told her this she said, "yeah, that would be about my reaction if you really did want to crossdress." I also made a comment half jokingly that I would look great in a corset. She simply said "Duh" and that was the end of it. Another time we were looking through a book of pinup girls that I have and she came across a great picture of a girl wearing just an apron heels and thigh highs, doing laundry at a bench. My girlfriend said "oh my god, would you wear this when you finish your work bench?" (refering to the shop i was putting together in my garage) and I said "Sure, ill try anything you want." and we had a chuckle and that was about it. Do any of you think she may even want me to dress? Thanks for any input you may have.

Bernadina
06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd quit beating around the bush and get to the point.

CowGurl Rachel
06-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Sounds like she would be receptive... Why haven't you told her yet? :kickbutt:

Staci K
06-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I'd be willing to bet that you would have no problems should you come out to her. But only you would know the best way/time to tell her. I strongly suggest sooner than later. CD'ing is something that will not go away and it's better to just get it out in the open.

I waited until after 15 years of marriage to come out. Once I came clean I was greeted with much support - I could kick myself for waiting so long.

I wish you the best in whatever you should choose.

Nicole :hugs:

Annie D
06-28-2008, 09:43 PM
You have been all around what you want to find out. Get up enough courage and ask what you want to know. Good luck!

CD Susan
06-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Jessie, judging from what you have told us it sounds like she has had several opportunities to open a dialog on the suject but for some reason hasn't. I doesn't sound like she is opposed to it but rather indifferent on the issue. Perhaps if you were more direct in your attempt to make your feelings known to her she would respond in a more meaningful manner. Do you want her to know that you want to start crossdressing or for her to know that you already are crossdressing? There is a difference here and she might react in a negative way if she feels that you have betrayed her by not telling her you are dressing already. But she also might be accepting to the idea as she sounds like she is not totaly opposed to it. You know her better than any one of us here so you will have to make your decision on where you want to go with this based on how well you know her.

Caroline C
06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
My opinion is to break the ice now. If she's OK with it then all the better but if you don't say anything you may be hiding for years or decades. After purging for a few relationships I've realised it's who I am and the next one that comes along will have the opportunity to accept or reject. No more games or hiding. My last girlfriend dropped hints of me dressing for halloween and other hints like when looking at lingerie saying something like you would look good in this but I never took her up on it. A big mistake on my part but it's not the reason we broke up.

sandra-leigh
06-28-2008, 11:51 PM
A couple that my spouse and I know is in the middle of a strong family crisis, an element of which is that one of the couple did not tell the other of the couple some things that should have been revealed months or years ago. {Excuse my vagueness: it isn't my story to tell, and I have been told aspects of it in confidence.}

What I have discovered indirectly from my wife's discussion of the other couple's situation, is that my wife, although relatively supportive (in comparison to many) has some resentment that I didn't tell her about my cross-dressing earlier (she found out about 2 years after I started cross-dressing.) I already knew from some "jokes" not said affectionately that sometimes my wife struggles with the fact of my cross-dressing, but this is the first time that she'd made me aware of her unresolved sensitivity about the delay in telling her.

Why didn't I tell her earlier? Oh, there were a mix of reasons, some to my credit and some not very much so. So I am not one to believe that every closeted cross-dresser is in a state of moral sin for not having already told their partner -- but generally speaking, in a stable partnership, sooner is better than later.

emmicd
06-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Crossdressing is a very complicated matter because it causes one to be secretive and not always truthful with family and friends.

The ones we love the most are the ones we try to protect by not revealing it.

I feel it is more detrimental if you keep it inside and not share it.

It sounds like your wife would be receptive and you would probabaly feel better by revealing this.

Just be open to her feelings and if she finds that this is part of you she may be supportive. If it is hard for her you need to give her time and let her tell you how she feels about it.

emmi

Claire3
06-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Guess its your choice.Previous posts on the same subject advise be open and honest.Trust is so important in any relationship,without it you're living a lieIve been there.Like i said,your choice

frenchie
06-29-2008, 03:41 AM
I'd say tell her about it,she sounds pretty receptive, and open minded,why not do it now and start living your life as you want to be.I work hard as a Guy most of the time doing all the DIY,building,(we're renovating our house here in France),and with my wife we also run a business here,but every now and again I like to dress up,try it what have you got to lose?She sounds like a nice girl,just be open with her and be honest.I wish you luck.....Gina .......Frenchie

Sandra
06-29-2008, 05:25 AM
If you don't tell her and she finds out it could be a lot worse. She may not be angry at the cding but the fact that you didn't tell her.

Mollyanne
06-29-2008, 05:29 AM
I'd quit beating around the bush and get to the point.

Count me in on this one!!! Dina, you are 100% on the money!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Cheree
06-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Jessie.................
Sounds to me like your all set.............
Just do it............she sounds accepting enough, just s-l-o-w-l-y. Your in!:daydreaming:

Angie G
06-29-2008, 06:24 AM
If I could have gotten responses like that from my wife I'd been dressing in front of her 15 years sooner And saved my self a lot of hiding and some nice clothing. I'm thinking go for it hun.:hugs:
Angie

Emily Anderson
06-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I think you should get this out in the open, sooner rather than later, as others have already stressed.

However, please be aware that teasing or joking about crossdressing is not necessarily acceptance, although I sincerely hope that your gf is open-minded.

Also, please take care not to go rushing like a bull in a china shop, read some of the other threads here on how to tell your SO, and take it VERY slowly even if she accepts, particularly in the beginning.

Samantha B L
06-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Take it slow but go ahead and tell her. It'll be OK.

rian
06-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Go girl ....I think she is ready for you do not wast too much time ,, It will enhance your life with somebody u love, Just surprise her then dress infront of her ....Good luck

rian
06-29-2008, 08:15 AM
A couple that my spouse and I know is in the middle of a strong family crisis, an element of which is that one of the couple did not tell the other of the couple some things that should have been revealed months or years ago. {Excuse my vagueness: it isn't my story to tell, and I have been told aspects of it in confidence.}

What I have discovered indirectly from my wife's discussion of the other couple's situation, is that my wife, although relatively supportive (in comparison to many) has some resentment that I didn't tell her about my cross-dressing earlier (she found out about 2 years after I started cross-dressing.) I already knew from some "jokes" not said affectionately that sometimes my wife struggles with the fact of my cross-dressing, but this is the first time that she'd made me aware of her unresolved sensitivity about the delay in telling her.

Why didn't I tell her earlier? Oh, there were a mix of reasons, some to my credit and some not very much so. So I am not one to believe that every closeted cross-dresser is in a state of moral sin for not having already told their partner -- but generally speaking, in a stable partnership, sooner is better than later.

To tell you the truth ,not every situation is like the other , to my case my wife is very conservative and we live in a hostile enviroment to this type of behavior , telling her has to be in steps and slowly , for example I broke to her about my underwears by telling her that I have sensative skin so I need to wear ladies underwear and it passed , and now i share with her my underwears....later on i shaved all my body by making another excuses ...and so on , so lets hope we can derive to the finals soon ...