PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning at work unnoticed

Amy Hepker
06-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Hi Ladies,

For me I started changing little things, like wearing lipstick that is the same color as my lips, (nobody will notice) Clear Mascara, (yes, there is such stuff), Underdressing with hose, I
also started wearing Bras, but at first I wore Bras that were not padded, I also started wearing a shirt over my t-shirt and did not fasten it up, just left it open, (it is in style) to hide the bra straps, in the office one could wear a tank top over the Bra and under the shirt. Start out with no padding in the bra, and let a few months go by, then go out and by a Bra that has a little padding to it (unless you are taking something to grow your breasts, then it will happen by itself) keep going to a fuller padded Bra every few months. Make it look like they are growing.

If anyone says anything just tell them you had to take Steroids or you were really heavy years ago and it is growing naturally. You can even start to pluck your eyebrows a few at a time on each side, do everything slowly and take your time and most will not know what you are doing until it is done. If guys do start to bother you about it, there are laws that say no one can harass you at work, they could be fired. Then when you are ready start to change your clothing to be more female. The thing you have to remember is you have plenty of time and if you take it slow you and others will adjust better.

I say you because at first you will be scared that someone will find out, you will overcome this as time goes on. Just stay friendly with those who are nice to you and stay away from the jerks who always have a stupid comment to make. I had one guy start saying something about my new breasts one day and tried to grab at one (now I know how girls feel) I pushed his hand away and he tried to say I was embarrassed of them and I said NO I am proud of them. He has not harassed me about them since.

Free yourself and have FUN and ENJOY!!!!

Angie G
06-29-2008, 07:55 AM
I glad it's working for you But I don't think it would work where I work.:hugs:
Angie

Lisa Rose
06-29-2008, 08:00 AM
I agree with you, Amy. I started with skirts and then slowwly added indiscrete items. Clothes that could be considered unisex. Lately I've been doing more and more make-up in guy mode. If you're subtle, I think you're less noticed and less hassled.

TGMarla
06-29-2008, 08:46 AM
You started with skirts? And this was subtle?

Kate Simmons
06-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Amy. I did what you are suggesting when I had my salary job some years ago. No one ever said anything with the subtle makeup. I was a bit worried about the bra straps though. Knowing the smart asses I worked with, they would have snapped them had they known, so I kept my distance. It was a good experience when I was doing it though.:)

RikkiOfLA
06-29-2008, 09:02 AM
I too transitioned at work. No one said anything very much. Then one day someone grafittied the men's room with a magic marker, toilet paper, and so on. Written on the wall were obscene statements (so I can't repeat them here:tongueout) mentioning my name! Yes, it was awful! When the boss (who had been supportive up to that point) found out about it, he removed the obscenities and my name, but left the mess for the janitor to clean up when they came later. The women in the office let me use the ladies room (a one-holer) until then.:heehee: They never caught the culprit(s) of course.

What I learned is that maybe no one will say anything to you. If you're lucky no one will do anything (but don't count on it). But don't think for a moment you won't be noticed. No one will forget that you are "supposed to be/used to be" a guy. It takes guts to transition. But there's nothing wrong with having courage.

The incident didn't deter my transition. A few months later I left that job. On my new job, I went to work as a female. And I've been full-time ever since. I love it, but of course it's not for everyone.

Blessings,
Rikki

Lisa Rose
06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
You started with skirts? And this was subtle?

Like I've stated before, I came from a 'Men in Skirts' site. They are adament about skirts and very numerous. I live and work in a rural environment. My subtleness did come sort of quick. I was on the job by myself, skirted, and without expecting it, the boss drove up with a work crew. What could I do? He ignored it and so I was able to go forward from there.

I'm not fully out. I'm very subtle but I am moving forward.