PDA

View Full Version : Like father like son? (or should I say like mother like daughter)

vanessatevesti
06-29-2008, 10:47 AM
I was just wondering, how many of you have sons who crossdress ?. And if you don't, would you like your son to be a cd?
I have a 3 yeras old boy and I don't think I would like him to be a cd, not because I think it's bad but because of all I had to go through to hide this part of me.
What do you think?

jill s
06-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I only have a college age daughter but she usually wears more uni-sex clothes and sometimes men's ties with a suit coat and a fedora. She kinda borders on cross dressing most of the time.

Kate Simmons
06-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Although none of my children are crossdressers, I have always encouraged them to be who they want to be and will always accept and love them regardless.:)

TGMarla
06-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Even though I love female emulation, I wouldn't wish this on anybody who wasn't already thinking of doing it. I think those who wish to, or have an urge to, will eventually gravitate towards it on their own. I would not introduce it to anyone.

However, I would support anyone who tried it and wanted to do it.

Daintre
06-29-2008, 11:29 AM
I do have an adult son who is a CD. I love this son of mine so very very much. I can only hope I can make his journey a lot smoother than mine.

brookalicious
06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, I've spent years trying to figure out why I do it, so I'd hate for my own offspring to go through the same thing. I think I dress because my father and mother were practically asexual during my youth, and this is a way to capture some of that lost sexuality.

Concordantly, I try and be as open about sexuality as possible with my child so he won't grow up feeling like he's "missing" something.

But to answer your question -- no, I don't want my child to CD, simply because I don't want him struggling through the same agony that I did.

Brooke

serinalynn
06-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I have a son who is 26 now and even though I let him make a lot of his own decisions, He decided being a CD was not for him and hasn't ever dressed as a woman.

nicky
06-29-2008, 02:50 PM
you know why should we hide it society should accept us the way we really are if that were the case or sons an daughters could truly be free to be who they wanted to be and not have to hide it from anybody iits really nothing to be ashamed about

Emily Anderson
06-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Even though I love female emulation, I wouldn't wish this on anybody who wasn't already thinking of doing it. I think those who wish to, or have an urge to, will eventually gravitate towards it on their own. I would not introduce it to anyone.

However, I would support anyone who tried it and wanted to do it.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Amy Hepker
06-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I have a son of 13 and he knows I dress and I asked him if he wanted to and if he did, I would not be upset at him for it. I would have loved the idea to have known that I was not crazy when I was growing up.

Cary
06-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't have any children, so rightnow it's not an issue. I do have a twin brother who is not a CD. He has kids in the double digits and continues to have alot of female conquests. To my knowledge he doesn't know I'm a CD. A short time ago he foundout that his oldest son has been with other boys/men and is gay. Eventhou he teases my constantly for not having a girlfriend, he is handling this better than I thought he would. He even asked for my help when talking to the boy. Because the boy is underage, this is an ongoing saga and other issues in play.

christid66
06-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Although none of my children are crossdressers, I have always encouraged them to be who they want to be and will always accept and love them regardless.:)

Absolutely.....although if my son ever tried on my things, I'd be furious. He should get his own :heehee:

Angie G
06-29-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a Son how is 38 years old who doesn't dress if he did it would make no difference to me why would it it's his life and the same go foe my Daughter. And any of my grand kids I'd still love them with all my heart. And defend there right to do as that want. :hugs:
Angie

sandra-leigh
06-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey, quit your joking, all of you! This is not funny!! How dare you deny The Cross-dressers Natural Agenda, to force and brainwash all little children to be part of our scheme to upset history and sweep away all that is Right And Proper ?!? I'll have the lot of you stripped of your membership cards!!

Toni_Lynn
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
My step-son is a crossdresser. He is also autistic. What makes it all so wonderful is that by me being a crossdresser, I am able to give my wife Debbie an insight into her son.

I personally think that it is great that he has this an 'out', if you will, a way of expressing something deep inside, for I know that his crossdressing is borne of total and complete innocence. His father is not accepting at all of his crossdressing.

He doesn't know about me, or really know that I know about him. I really don't even need for him to know about me. If I ever see him crossdressed, I'll probably just say something like 'Wow, nice dress!' and leave it at that. Inside though, I'll be smiling the biggest grin ever -- a grin of total pride! :) :hugs:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

jenny logan
06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
I have four sons who are most definitely not cders. They are all very close knit but don't have a clue about my secret life en femme. I accept and appreciate them for what they are and would have no problem if they were to discover and practice this lifestyle. I hope they don't because of all the shame and guilt that almost all of us in this community have gone through or continue to go through. Life is tough enough.

Jenny L.

Deborah Jane
06-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I have 2 sons, my oldest doesn,t crossdress and if my youngest ever wanted too, i,d obviously give him any support i could to make his journey easier than mine!!
[Except wearing my clothes...I,d tell him to wear his mums ;)]

AmandaM
06-30-2008, 06:29 PM
God, I hope not. Isn't life hard enough?

Miss Tracy Cox
06-30-2008, 06:39 PM
honestly from my point of view like i would of loved it if my dad was a crossdresser just for the simple fact that i would of gotten along better with him lol

Jennifer Giovannetta
06-30-2008, 07:17 PM
If I had a son, and he wanted to crossdress, I would encourage and support him. But I would not wish it on him. It has caused some strife for me, and I would not want him to go through the same. For me it was not a choice. So if my son had to crossdress, I would support him. After all, it would make it much less stressful for him.

Deidra Cowen
06-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I only know of one case personally. There are two full time girls here in Atlanta that I have met but really I don't know them that well...anyway they started as a Dad Son deal but now are a Mom Daughter. Both are very beautiful btw.

The Daughter was the head of SCC two years ago and I think several girls here on the board that went to SCC probably also heard the speech where she introduced her 'Dad.'

Lord my memory is giving out on me and I can't remember their names...my excuse is that most FT girls and lowly Part Time girls like me have very little interaction here in Atlanta. So I see them say hi out at the clubs but I can tell they don't want to mess with a crazy CD party girll like me and I just am polite and move on!

victoriamwilliams1
06-30-2008, 07:31 PM
I only know of one case personally. There are two full time girls here in Atlanta that I have met but really I don't know them that well...anyway they started as a Dad Son deal but now are a Mom Daughter. Both are very beautiful btw.

The Daughter was the head of SCC two years ago and I think several girls here on the board that went to SCC probably also heard the speech where she introduced her 'Dad.'

Lord my memory is giving out on me and I can't remember their names...my excuse is that most FT girls and lowly Part Time girls like me have very little interaction here in Atlanta. So I see them say hi out at the clubs but I can tell they don't want to mess with a crazy CD party girll like me and I just am polite and move on!

Now this one is the wow! Now for me if I had a son I think it would be hard for me to see him go through what I have experienced in my dressing, I have no honest opinion of how I would react.

Farrah
06-30-2008, 07:43 PM
I would prefer my sone not crossdress. Just like some the other girls said, I wouldn't want him to go through what i've gone through. (secrets, and sneaking around)

MJ
06-30-2008, 11:46 PM
well my son is a member here and yes he did have a makeover but he does not CD .. that said if he wanted too who am i to stand in his way .
i feel acceptance is the key if our son's are OK with it then why not besides like us they can't stop it's in there blood too

Stephanie Scott
07-01-2008, 12:15 AM
A lot of people have said they wouldn't want their son to go through what they had to go through, which I totally understand. However, given the fact that their father would be a CDer himself, it seems like the son's experience would likely be vastly different growing up than the father's was. More understanding, less struggle, more acceptance.

Now I don't wish CDing on my son -- any more than I don't wish anything on him that he doesn't want for himself. If he doesn't like the piano, I won't make him play. If he doesn't like football, I won't force him to participate. (He loves both actually -- and he dances and plays baseball and basketball also).

I don't think he is a CDer -- he knows about me and is totally accepting at almost age 8 -- so he knows it would be ok w/me, but he has demonstrated zero interest in doing it himself. He is ALL boy -- even when he dances on stage. Because he doesn not seem to be interested, I certainly don't encourage him to do it.

CD Susan
07-01-2008, 12:17 AM
I have never thought of this issue in this context before. I have an only son who is 25 years old at this time and highly doubt that he is a cd. He is fully aware that his dad is a cd thanks to my ex-wife outing me to everyone at the time of our divorce when he was 9 years old. He has accepted me for who I am and I love him for that. He seems to be happily married and we do not ever bring up the subject of cd even though he knows about me. I feel so very fortunate for having my son accept me in this way. I have a son who accepts me but lost a wife who would not accept it. This is sad but I have learned to live with it.

VikkiVixen7188
07-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Im just 20. So I dont ahve kids yet, but personally I dont care how my child is. I just want them to be happy, and thats the truth.

Toni_Lynn
07-01-2008, 04:51 AM
A lot of people have said they wouldn't want their son to go through what they had to go through, which I totally understand. However, given the fact that their father would be a CDer himself, it seems like the son's experience would likely be vastly different growing up than the father's was. More understanding, less struggle, more acceptance.

Thank you Stephanie. I have been sitting here trying to figure out the right words to say .. but you said them exactly. Any child of mine who was gender-gifted, be it a crossdressing son OR daughter, or a transsexual child, or is otherwise outside the gender norm, would find total acceptance and solidarity from me. There would be no hiding of clothes in their bedroom, there would be no fear of being found out. It wouldn't be for them, as it ws for me in that regard.

To the issue of would I wish crossdressing on my child. Yes, I think I would, for I feel that this is a great gift which gives new insight and tolerance into the world of people, and gives pleasures of all sorts that are so very unique. As my wife Debbie says, crossdressing is like acting, and as I see it, the ability to step into another character and actually be that person is so much fun. Okay, I'll even say this .. it brings heights of pleasure in sexual relationships that are above and beyond.

BTW -- this doesn't mean that I would force, suggest or otherwise coerce my son or daughter into crossdressing, for the desire needs to come from within and on their own. They need to want to do it, and to prescribe would be wrong. But if I could wish anything that I'd want as an attribute, CDing would be one.

Yes, there are downsides, but the wonder and beauty of it all are worth it!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

PS -- Sorry of this seems disjointed --it was typed on the fuel of just one cup of coffee!