PDA

View Full Version : stand up

nicky
06-29-2008, 03:15 PM
we all say our femme self is real so why dont we stand up for our self and do something instead of hiding in the dark why should we care what other people think or call us we have the right to dress what ever whey we want to it is repression and no body deserves to be represed this is america a free country i think we should all band to gether and stick up for ourselfs we should be able to walk the streets in what ever kind of clothes we want to and shouldnt be aloud to be discriminated aginst how bout we oraganize all of us spread the word its time we stand up and be heard

cding is not a crime nor should it be treated as one accepetnice will come

cd liberation

4th of july

Amy Hepker
06-29-2008, 03:20 PM
You are right and I have been wearing a padded Bra for quite some time now. It is very visable under my clothing, I have also been known to wear Girl Sandals, girl jeans and a black girls top out and about. I don't care what people say or think, it is my life. I would stand up for another CD being harassed.

Chloe Renee
06-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Is it ironic to any one else that this thread is started on "pride weekend" ?

Only you can change the future, by changing the present....

It can only happen if we try in life not only on the internet. Great thread:thumbsup:

Miss Petra
06-29-2008, 03:38 PM
But please careful of where and how you dress. Always be aware of your surroundings. Just because we have the right to do what we want in this great country doesnt mean you let your guard down for a minute. It is still a sad fact that there is still a lot of violence against TGs.

I agree get out there and experience it but always be careful and be with someone else if you can.

Now go out and express yourself.

Hugs,

Miss P

sandra-leigh
06-29-2008, 03:58 PM
this is america a free country [...]

cding is not a crime nor should it be treated as one

Actually "this" is an international forum, and several members of the staff are in the UK.

And sad to say, but CD'ing *is* a crime in some parts of the world. Even in the United States, some cities have by-laws that repress cross-dressing; for example, the infamous Floridan city's "saggy pants" ordinance is written in such a way that it affects cross-dressing (including "under-dressing", since the relevant language in the law does not require that the garments be visible.)

"Pride weekend" occurs at different times in different places. The biggest celebrations appear to be this weekend, but for example the celebrations here (Winnipeg Manitoba Canada) and in Calgary (Alberta Canada) were at the beginning of June. With the dates spread out, some people travel to be part of several celebrations -- and it gives a chance for some of the more famous speakers to be heard in person in different cities.

nicky
06-29-2008, 04:05 PM
but still there should be n0 law on that aas long as its decent im hoping this post will get taken serious we can chang the way we live and the whey others act will follow

Melanie R
06-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Most CD's do not stand up because of the fear of rejection and loss of one's job, family and friends. Today most of us are able to go out into the mainstream public because there were those in our community who stood up and were counted. In 1978 in Houston one person, a TG attorney, risked everything to get the law banning crossdressing in public overturned in Houston. Last night in Houston we had our 30th Pride Parade with the 16th year that our community was represented with a float and participation. We enjoyed the cheering and wonderful acceptance the 47 on our float and walking in front of the float received from the 200,000+ along the parade route. Of the 47 there were only four who identify as crossdressers. The others were transsexual or transgendered living full time as M to F or F to M. I doubt that Houston is that different from most communities.

Only you can change the future, by changing the present....

It can only happen if we try in life not only on the internet. Great thread:thumbsup:

I would be interested in knowing how many on this board either plan on particpating in Pride Parades crossdressed or have participated this year? I mean not standing in the crowd but on a float or waling with the TG community usually represented in all Pride Parades.

nicky
06-29-2008, 04:19 PM
i would definatly be interested in trying it were is the nearest pride parade in kentucky

Holly
06-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Change IS happening. And it will happen more and more as more and more of us are willing to educate the the public as to who we really are. The most effective way to do this, in my opinion, is on-on-one encounters.

Melanie R
06-29-2008, 04:41 PM
i would definatly be interested in trying it were is the nearest pride parade in kentucky

Here is a link to the Pride of Louisville http://kentuckianapridefestival.com/.

Chloe Renee
06-29-2008, 04:46 PM
"Pride weekend" occurs at different times in different places. The biggest celebrations appear to be this weekend, but for example the celebrations here (Winnipeg Manitoba Canada) and in Calgary (Alberta Canada) were at the beginning of June. With the dates spread out, some people travel to be part of several celebrations -- and it gives a chance for some of the more famous speakers to be heard in person in different cities.

It makes perfect sense for there to be many different weekends of pride in the world, I was just commenting on my little corner.
I had heard about the Chicago Pride parade, yesterday on the radio. And after a quick google found multiple events that were going on around the country. I had not originally thought that their would be multiple pride weekends within the US. I figured they would all follow the date of the "stonewall riots"

The fact that it is a crime to crossdress in some parts of the world is terrible. But as a few have said" times are a changing".
Many of those same parts of the world staying alive in general is a struggle. My heart does go out to people in those countries.

Tolerance does not come easy, in any culture that I know of.
I do hope that is what changes.

Emily Anderson
06-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Nicky, I hear what you're saying, but isn't it a bit naive to think that all crossdressers can just say "f**k what anybody thinks, I'm going to do what I want?"

The fact is that it is not generally acceptable behaviour, unless one is lucky enough to pass, in which case that person becomes more or less invisible. For the others, who don't pass, there is a HUGE risk of aggravation, potential loss of job, friends, family, etc. upon discovery.

Sad but true.

Kris
06-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Tolerance does not come easy, in any culture that I know of.
I do hope that is what changes.

Change isn't easy ANYPLACE............ which is weird because change is the only consistent thing in the universe.

Food for thought! I went to pride in Oregon.. it was a load of fun. I took my kids, and my son was with his mentor, loud and proud! :-)

Hugs,
Kris

Fab Karen
06-29-2008, 04:58 PM
But please careful of where and how you dress. Always be aware of your surroundings.

I agree get out there and experience it but always be careful and be with someone else if you can.

Now go out and express yourself.

Hugs,

Miss P

Plenty of GG's go out places on their own. It is as you mention a matter of using common sense. However we do have an advantage, if we want to get to know how safe a certain area is we can go check it out as a boy.
Be proud of what you are. Go girls, go.:cheer:

sandra-leigh
06-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I would be interested in knowing how many on this board either plan on particpating in Pride Parades crossdressed or have participated this year?

When the subject was raised this year, I volunteered to be on one of the bigger floats, but my offer wasn't responded to and I just sort of let it drift and eventually wimped out. The day of the local parade, my wife was saying that we should go, but I balked. Why? I don't know, to be honest. Maybe I just wasn't really ready yet this year. Certainly I wasn't ready to out myself to my mother-in-law who happened to be visiting then...

Jamie001
06-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't understand why so many folks that are gay have no problems being "out", while most CDs just cower in the closet. Why is this the case? We cannot allow the gay community to fight our battle because the overwhelming majority of CDs are not gay. Let's get out there and be proud of who we are. I suggest pushing the envelope in male mode just as women have pushed the envelope by wearing men's fashions. For example, we could start my going out in public as a male wearing a skirt, fem hairstyle, women's shoes, pantyhose, red nails, or any combination of the above. We need to show the public that we exist and stand up and be counted. Women have been wearing all articles of men's clothing for many years on a daily basis, it is time that men do the same and claim their rights.

:2c: Jamie

sandra-leigh
06-30-2008, 02:06 AM
I don't understand why so many folks that are gay have no problems being "out", while most CDs just cower in the closet. Why is this the case? [...] For example, we could start my going out in public as a male wearing a skirt, fem hairstyle, women's shoes, pantyhose, red nails, or any combination of the above.

Well, as I am the only person who has responded in the negative in this thread, and as I used the phrase "out myself to my mother-in-law", it seems likely that you are responding to my use of the phrase "out".

If that is indeed the case, then you might be interested to read some of my postings over the last few days (or in the past): I am one of the people who are actively going out as transgendered; for example yesterday (Saturday) I went out grocery shopping as a guy in a dress, pantyhose, womens' shoes, and noticeable bust. Nail polish didn't happen to come to mind, partly because I was thinking in terms of "just get out there and do it" rather than in terms of "getting ready for it"; nail polish is not exactly a brush- on- and- go cosmetic.

I've done a fair bit of visible cross-dressing, been the "good-will ambassador" in a number of establishments and to many people. I've been fairly public -- amongst those who don't know me personally or don't know where I live or where I work or so on. It is, however, a very different dynamic to reveal oneself to people who know exactly who you are, and a very different dynamic still to reveal oneself to family. The strangers... if they don't like cross-dressers, they can ignore me or cross the road or what-ever. Family you have to live with, and your spouse has to live with; it is a deeper and more permanent sort of revelation.

Joy Carter
06-30-2008, 02:38 AM
Much too long of story to tell, but I was outed at work, and ended up having to retire early do to harassment. So you can pay a big price for being who you are. This is why many of us stay behind locked doors.

Jamie001
06-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Joy,

May I ask what type of industry that you worked in?

Is harassment illegal in the state that you were working in? In California, I believe that crossdressers are protected.

Why does anyone care if you are a crossdresser as long as you adhere to the company dress code and don't crossdress when you are at work?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions,

:hugs: Jamie

Much too long of story to tell, but I was outed at work, and ended up having to retire early do to harassment. So you can pay a big price for being who you are. This is why many of us stay behind locked doors.

Joy Carter
06-30-2008, 03:04 AM
Joy,

Is harassment illegal in the state that you were working in? In California, I believe that cross dressers are protected.

Why does anyone care if you are a cross dresser as long as you adhere to the company dress code and don't cross dress when you are at work?

Jamie, I worked for a municipal government. And it was three years ago that I left their service. And no there was no protection back then, or now as far as I know. The harassment was from the rank and file, my three direct supervisors as well as the department head. I stood it for three years, and when I finally stood up to the one employee who was the worst, I was told I was wrong, in spite of all that took place. In my line of work, you never went to the head guy with a complaint. I was desperate and did. That only started the decline in respect from other employees. Whats funny, we had wife abusers, child abusers and drunk drivers where I worked. I never heard of anyone directly harass them. I guess I never noticed how dangerous a guy/girl I am. LoL

vivianann
06-30-2008, 04:57 AM
unfortunately for some crossdressers it is not wise to advertise that you are a crossdresser, for you should not be militant about it either, yes we already have the right to dress how we want as long as it is decent. I agree with Holly, we need to educate 1 on 1 about crossdressing, I have been doing just that for the past several months. I go out enfemme almost everyday and I meet alot of peaple, I find the GGs to be very understanding and they have alot of questions, which I am happy to answer. I like it when peaple ask questions because I can dispell alot of the miths that is so prevalent in society. We need to follow the example of the GGs who blazed the trail of the right for women to wear pants. By going out and wearing dresses we are slowly gaining the acceptence for males to wear dresses in society. I do not participate in any pride events because i do not agree with the militant demand of specail rights, and I am not homosexual, and in my opnion the pride events represents the homosexual interests, and not the heterosexual crossdressers interest.
We need to be careful, where we go while crossdressed, be in public places where other peaple are so if there should be an incident where someone wants to hurt you there will be witnesses, and also to deter some one from harming you. it is good to be with friends also. For those of us that can get out enfemme, lets blaze the trail for those of us who cannot go out enfemme so society will eventually let the rest of us out of the closet and be free to be ourselves.

Angie G
06-30-2008, 06:09 AM
My biggest fear is my family my kids and I'm not risking my relationship with them to walk down the street in a skirt.
And I would never want my grand kid to get teased or verbally hurt because Grandpa wears a dress and heels. I'm happy where I'm at and will stay there.
Maybe it's easy for some to say lets go show the world we dress like girl but some really need to be discreet. I could give a flying rats ass what people think of me but I will always try to protect my family. :hugs:
Angie

jenny logan
06-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Discretion and proper timing are what I always take into consideration before going out en femme. Most of the people I know view cders and cding as a perversion and a sin. There are relatively few members of society(male or female) that are enlightened to the point of accepting men such as myself without judging them as freaks, weirdos, etc. I simply will not subject my children to the animus that would come from a large section of society (most of my family included) were they to find out I am a lifelong cd.
It's not fair, it really shouldn't make any difference to anyone how I chose to live my life but the reality is such that it would be a crushing blow to those nearest and dearest to me and I refuse to do that to them. Therefore I take the necessary precautions by being extremely discreet and pick my moments carefully. By far, this is the most negative aspect of a cd's life and I don't see it changing anytime soon no matter how brave the more courageous members of the community are by being out and active.

Jenny L.

Kate Simmons
06-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Everyone has a different situation and "standing up" means different things to different people. It would be nice to think that if we all organized en masse and carried signs and demanded our rights that we we would accomplish something positive. The truth is, that just doesn't work, especially in this situation wherein many have much to lose by coming "out", including their families and their livelihood.

I agree with Holly in that we have to prove who and what kind of person we are first. Demonstrate that we are not that much different by being a positive example. This way we win hearts one at a time and that is more long lasting. It may seem like slow progress but it is effective and by doing this we also prove what kind of person we are.

I do not label people, rather I value them for who they are. This they have proven to me by the things they do and say and I can have confidence in that. Really it comes down to us as individuals and we "make" or "break" ourselves by how we act and what we do. It's the same with a performance review at work. We may contribute to a group effort but the bottom line is what we ourselves do and how it affects the overall productivity of the group, the company, society. Look at the poem "The Nail" and you will see what I mean.

We have to truely believe in ourselves before we can make real progress and that is one truth that cannot be denied.:)

MJ
06-30-2008, 08:18 AM
yes stand up be loud and proud . lose the one you love , your kids , your friends and family ... and your job ... what price are you willing to pay

if of course it goes badly .. i do believe in telling the truth but are you willing to pay the price...i know it's not fair but thats life

Kimberely416
06-30-2008, 09:09 AM
The only problem is you had better be prepared to duck. A very thought provoking thread. I too have folks around me that must be considered. I too will not do anything to cause them suffering because of my actions. If society as a whole had the same attitude, we probably wouldn't have a problem, would we.

CaptLex
06-30-2008, 09:16 AM
I don't understand why so many folks that are gay have no problems being "out", while most CDs just cower in the closet. Why is this the case? We cannot allow the gay community to fight our battle because the overwhelming majority of CDs are not gay. Let's get out there and be proud of who we are. I suggest pushing the envelope in male mode just as women have pushed the envelope by wearing men's fashions. For example, we could start my going out in public as a male wearing a skirt, fem hairstyle, women's shoes, pantyhose, red nails, or any combination of the above. We need to show the public that we exist and stand up and be counted. Women have been wearing all articles of men's clothing for many years on a daily basis, it is time that men do the same and claim their rights.

Just a couple of comments on your post above:

1. Many CDs cannot be out publicly for the same reason that many gay people still cannot be out publicly (despite much overall progress, things are still far from equal for gays and lesbians) - they risk losing jobs and families, among other reasons.

2. Aside from the occasional women who borrow a man's jeans or shirt, women don't generally wear men's clothes. Pants are not "men's clothes". Women wear women's pants. It would be nice to see a world where skirts and dresses aren't considered "women's clothes", but until that happens, we need to stop the thinking that women generally dress like men.

Okay, just my :2c:

Jamie001
06-30-2008, 09:31 AM
I believe that one way that we can make slow progress is to incorporate fem items into our look as a male. For example, wear fem shoes, or nail polish, or dangly earrings. Men are already wearing highlighted hair, earrings, and other fem items. The incorporation of fem items by men has been a very slow evolutionary process and usually only occurs when a sports figure or a rap star starts wearing the fem item. Men are so insecure that they need to have that level of validation before they will wear the fem item. I believe that the public is much more accepting of men that wear fem items but still present as men. Look at Scott Speed in the very macho redneck Nascar world. He recently publicly announced that he gets pedicures and wears colored nail polish on his toenails! Why can't we as males take small steps like this and be open about one fem item and wear it proudly in male mode?

I also believe that this one of the reasons that women are accepted wearing men's clothing. For example, if a woman wears a flannel shirt, blue jeans, a baseball cap, and masculine hiking boots, no one bats an eye because she is not really attempting to appear as a male by applying a paste-on beard or something that will cause her to be perceived as the opposite gender. She is dressed like a Lumberjack but is not trying to deceive anyone regarding her gender and therefore she is readily accepted.

I believe that it is safe to make small steps by breaking out of the cookie-cutter drab mode by incorporating fem items into our male presentation just like women have incorporated masculine items. We can make slow progress in this manner and slowly desensitize society to crossdressing so that one day it will be possible to completely crossdress without ridicule.

CaptLex
06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I also believe that this one of the reasons that women are accepted wearing men's clothing.

:wall:

May the PINK FOG be with you!
That explains a lot . . . :p

Jamie001
06-30-2008, 09:42 AM
My wife wears a masculine look quite often on the weekends wearing a tee shirt, jeans, baseball cap, and Timberland boots. She is wearing makeup on her face and a fem hairstyle. No one bats an eye. That is an example. She is not trying to pass as a "man"; she has only incorporate some male clothing.

:wall:

That explains a lot . . . :p

Bev06 GG
06-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Joy,

Is harassment illegal in the state that you were working in? In California, I believe that crossdressers are protected.

Why does anyone care if you are a crossdresser as long as you adhere to the company dress code and don't crossdress when you are at work?

So True, but as always you have to prove it. One girl where I work was bullied so much she ended up leaving. When she took it to a tribunal they said that she hadn't been suitable for the job so if she hadn't walked they would have gotten rid of her. It was rubbish and total lies. Those of us who stood by her and challenged the status quo had to stay and reap the consequences and believe me that wasn't any fun. For nearly 18 months I became miss unpopular with the middle management. It was only out of shear stubborn bloody mindedness that I survived to tell the story, had I been a weaker person I'd have left too.
Bev

CaptLex
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
My wife wears a masculine look quite often on the weekends wearing a tee shirt, jeans, baseball cap, and Timberland boots. She is wearing makeup on her face and a fem hairstyle. No one bats an eye. That is an example. She is not trying to pass as a "man"; she has only incorporate some male clothing.

Okay, stick a fork in me . . . I'm done :surrender

GypsyKaren
06-30-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't understand why so many folks that are gay have no problems being "out", while most CDs just cower in the closet. Why is this the case?

Probably because gay people don't walk down the street carrying a large sign that says "I'm gay!"

GK :star:

Fab Karen
06-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I also believe that this one of the reasons that women are accepted wearing men's clothing. For example, if a woman wears a flannel shirt, blue jeans, a baseball cap, and masculine hiking boots, no one bats an eye because she is not

STOP. That isn't "men's clothing" it is just CLOTHING. Once upon a time in history, yes, that was considered male clothing, but those days are long gone. It's ok to make the HISTORICAL point, but DON'T go calling it male clothing. If you insist on doing so, for an education I'd suggest you go out in your city & tell all the women you see not in dresses/skirts how they are lucky to wear male clothes. After the black & blue marks it might dawn on you it's a stupid definition.

"Probably because gay people don't walk down the street carrying a large sign that says "I'm gay!" "
If a man is hugging & kissing his male partner, it's like carrying a sign. In my life I have done some of that in public, not always in gay-specific areas.

"we have to prove who and what kind of person we are first. Demonstrate that we are not that much different by being a positive example. This way we win hearts one at a time and that is more long lasting. It may seem like slow progress but it is effective and by doing this we also prove what kind of person we are."
Of course this also requires not remaining silent/invisible to prove such a thing.

GypsyKaren
06-30-2008, 04:53 PM
If a man is hugging & kissing his male partner, it's like carrying a sign. In my life I have done some of that in public, not always in gay-specific areas.

You're right, two guys hugging in front of 7/11 is the same as two guys showing up at the office in a skirt. The problem is the guys hugging will never have to see or deal with anyone who sees them ever again, while the guys at work will always be in the spotlight.

Fab Karen
06-30-2008, 05:23 PM
You're right, two guys hugging in front of 7/11 is the same as two guys showing up at the office in a skirt. The problem is the guys hugging will never have to see or deal with anyone who sees them ever again, while the guys at work will always be in the spotlight.

Before you said "walking down the street" & now suddenly you compare that to being in a work situation. So NOW, change the location to a man kissing his male partner at work ( some hetero couples do this ).
And btw, what if they shop at that store every day?

Maddie22
06-30-2008, 06:21 PM
I think a lot of you are forgetting a few things.

When women started to wear pants, they were not putting a sock in their pants, growing out all leg and pit hair, getting their hair cut really short, and trying to pass as a male.

I think some of you need to ask yourself: Do you want to wear "men's skirts" like women wear "women's-pants". Do you want "masculine" looking earings, as well as men's styled high heels. What about men's style long hair, and make-up that helps give us less flawed "masculine" features??

On the other side of it, ask yourself this, like a lot of us on here, and me particularly, do you want to feel like a women feels, do you want to feel what is to be feminine inside and out? Do you want to express this femininity in some way whether it may by physical features, appearances, mentally, or even in every way, all the time??

To get back what this post really started to strive to is that we do need more recognition and to make people aware of all transgenderedism and gender identity. We need to educate others. Whether you are able to go all out and tell everyone you know and be completely open, or even if you are just able to read these posts anonymously and not tell anyone, but are at least able to give others respect for who they are are, we can all make some kind of difference, big or small.

Nicki B
06-30-2008, 07:02 PM
To get back what this post really started to strive to is that we do need more recognition and to make people aware of all transgenderedism and gender identity. We need to educate others.

IME, the first step is educating ourselves - believing we can be the people we need to be, that we're not alone, that it is possible for society to accept us? That then goes hand in hand with raising our profile? :strugglin

We need to gain a 'critical mass' - and that doesn't happen overnight, but with events like Fantasia, Southern Comfort, Be-All, Sparkle (in the UK)..

KatrinaAshley
06-30-2008, 07:14 PM
It's not about what other people think or say, it's how they act. Will they ignore you or possibly attack? Will friends and family be supportive or will they distance themselves from unfamiliar things? Personally I don't want to have to explain myself because I'm not completely sure why I do as I do.

Jamie001
06-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks, but I will not stick a fork in you just because we have different opinions. Both perspectives are valid and we have a different vantage point.

Okay, stick a fork in me . . . I'm done :surrender

Jamie001
06-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi Karen,

I think that maybe you are making one of my points. Are there any clothing that is strictly associated with men that women don't wear? The only item of clothing that I can think of is the athletic supporter. Women wear all other articles of men's clothing including neckties, masculine shoes, tuxedos (a famous tennis player recently did this and admitted her liking for men's wear several days ago). What else is left? You don't see men publically admitting that they like to wear their wife's skirts or high heels. Why?

Why is a man considered to be a pervert if he wears high heels or a skirt? Why the double standard? The double standard has to stop. Men need to reclaim the fashion freedom that they once had several hundred years ago by wearing items that are considered feminine publicly while still presenting as a male. I believe that is the only way to slowly make progress.

STOP. That isn't "men's clothing" it is just CLOTHING. Once upon a time in history, yes, that was considered male clothing, but those days are long gone. It's ok to make the HISTORICAL point, but DON'T go calling it male clothing. If you insist on doing so, for an education I'd suggest you go out in your city & tell all the women you see not in dresses/skirts how they are lucky to wear male clothes. After the black & blue marks it might dawn on you it's a stupid definition.

"Probably because gay people don't walk down the street carrying a large sign that says "I'm gay!" "

"we have to prove who and what kind of person we are first. Demonstrate that we are not that much different by being a positive example. This way we win hearts one at a time and that is more long lasting. It may seem like slow progress but it is effective and by doing this we also prove what kind of person we are."
Of course this also requires not remaining silent/invisible to prove such a thing.

GypsyKaren
07-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Before you said "walking down the street" & now suddenly you compare that to being in a work situation. So NOW, change the location to a man kissing his male partner at work ( some hetero couples do this ).
And btw, what if they shop at that store every day?

I suggest you actually read the first post so you'll know the topic of this thread, it's about being able to dress wherever you want without discrimination, I take this to mean more than dressing in a locked bedroom. My point is most people don't know who's gay or not because most gay people don't advertise it, the same as most heterosexuals don't advertise it either because it's nobody's business or concern. A guy showing up anywhere in a skirt all of a sudden is going to stick out just a wee bit, ya think?

Karen Starlene :star:

CaptLex
07-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks, but I will not stick a fork in you just because we have different opinions. Both perspectives are valid and we have a different vantage point.
Ah, but the fork would be a lot less painful than having to keep hearing that pants are men's clothes. :p

nicky
07-01-2008, 02:27 PM
you all opened your eyes to what i was saying and took it seriously our lifes are not a joke and niether are anybody elses. we do have the power to change the way we live think and act. and none of us have to do this by ourselves. please i ask you stand up for whatever you thinks right and never let nobody strip you of your freedom. nobody can take your femininty or masculinty away from you no matter what they say. we are all just people.
you are brothers and sisters of the same kind no matter what.

take pride

TSchapes
07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
When women started to wear pants, they were not putting a sock in their pants, growing out all leg and pit hair, getting their hair cut really short, and trying to pass as a male.

To get back what this post really started to strive to is that we do need more recognition and to make people aware of all transgenderedism and gender identity. We need to educate others. Whether you are able to go all out and tell everyone you know and be completely open, or even if you are just able to read these posts anonymously and not tell anyone, but are at least able to give others respect for who they are are, we can all make some kind of difference, big or small.

I'm not interested in wearing a skirt to work. I prefer to be binary either one or the other. Most of us wear breast forms which would translate to a GG wearing a "package".

One on one encounters are the easiest for CD's to do. Not only do you educate others, but you help yourself live a more authentic and truthful life. You can also pick certain venues. I'm in a photography class and submitted a photo of myself as a Geisha for the portrait requirement. They liked the photo and started to ask who the model was. I told them it was a self-portrait. I told the class that this is what I do. The news was received very well. Again artist types would be a "safe" bet.

-Tracy

Fab Karen
07-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I suggest you actually read the first post so you'll know the topic of this thread, it's about being able to dress wherever you want without discrimination, I take this to mean more than dressing in a locked bedroom. My point is most people don't know who's gay or not because most gay people don't advertise it, the same as most heterosexuals don't advertise it either because it's nobody's business or concern. A guy showing up anywhere in a skirt all of a sudden is going to stick out just a wee bit, ya think?

Karen Starlene :star:
I responded to your tangential comment about gay people, in addition to responding to the original topic, as you can read for yourself. Attempting to suggest I didn't know or respond to that subject is erroneous & not a good means of debate.
On the tangent, gay people ARE more & more out in public, and plenty of heterosexual couples DO put their sexuality "in your face" as anti-gay rhetoric puts it, such as deeply kissing while standing in a grocery line.

SilkyAlly
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
The way I look at it is, as time goes by boundaries are being broken down and elements of society are embracing the openness which comes with that. But a lot of people do not like change and fear the new.

Its like in Dr Who, Captain Jack flirts with men and women because in his time in the future its perfectly normal for same sex relationships and indeed humans naturally are attracted to both sexes. There will come a point im sure where people can date who they want and dress how they want but sadly we are some way off this.

As mentioned in my introduction, im only into panty wearing, so I can do that very inconspiculously. I do like to act femme at times (which its great to do here, ive finally got a outlet where I dont have to feel wrong or a freak) But at the same time im also very comfortable and happy with my general masculinity. But im sure if my friends found out, some would disown me even though im a very good friend to them, just because "society" says it is wrong.

Im a very open minded person myself, one of my friends was drunk and told me she was into some really bizarre sexual stuff (which would freak many out)but I just figured it was her business and as she treated me well I would just pretend I was never told.

I feel for everyone here who are viewed as freaks because of how they choose or want to live their lives. Just remember, as long as you a good person inside, thats all that really matters! Hugs and kisses to all of you :)