PDA

View Full Version : So why even pretend........

Karren H
06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Well today while working at my desk... And posting on makeuptalk, on my Blackberry... I needed to look something up online... About my new Rimmell Lycra Lash Extender mascara... And our PC police block all sexual and most TG content.. But makeup is wide open.. So I take advantage of the fact even though I know the server guys track all that stuff.. "Look... He's makeuping again". Lol

But I had a website opened up with 10-15 mascaras on it.. Full screen.. 24" monitor.. And I finished the post on my BB and my co-worker down the hall call.. "Got a second, come here"... So I poped into his office and we chatted.. Then I made a snack machine run.. Stopped in to visit with a friend on another floor.. And came back to my office to find... Two co-workers.. Standing there staring at my monitor.. Which doesn't face the door...

So I say "What's up?" As I walk around the desk to see them staring at the mascara info... Which I had completely forgotten about.... They wanted to know about the cost of this one item in my project... Bla bla bla... I eased into my chair and poped my feet up on the desk.... Leaving the mascara site up the whole time and acted as though it was standard ops.. They kept glancing at the screen then me... Lol. The look on their face was hillarious..

Ohh well.. Just got a chuckle out of that.. I'm getting sooo forgetful lately so why even pretend to hide....

Christine Kelly
06-30-2008, 01:21 PM
They probably just wanted to ask you a mascara question,
but couldn't figure out if you would know or not.
Funny stuff. :)
I know some one who loves you:
Cosmetic companies!
They have been trying to get men to wear makeup for decades!

TGMarla
06-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Be sure to let them know that if they keep an open mind, there's something they can do about those dark circles under their eyes.......

Ruth
06-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I love the way you tell it Karren ... "while working at my desk"... which you obviously were not. Never mind, beautiful employees like you need a lot of maintenance!

robyn1114
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
You're too funny

Niya W
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Try getting into a discussion over M.A.C. vs Bare minerals with co workers. Yeah thats a give away.

Ps one the co workers asked me did I want to work for M.A.C.

Do you think they have clue or might supect some thing, or is my secret safe ?

Emily Ann Brown
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
So sister dear....what IS the cost of that one mascara item in your project budget????

Emily Ann

Eileen
06-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Karren we all do things like get up from our desk and walk away leaving a screen up or a catalog open to a page of panties and bras. It a way you are out, not in the same way you would be if you came to work in a dress and full make up. Judging from the lack of reaction you might find their reaction would not be that bad if you decided to transition on the job.

Eileen

Fab Karen
06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
"You don't think ol' ( Karren's male name) could be one of us, do you?"
"Shhh, he's coming back!":)

Rachaelb64
06-30-2008, 04:56 PM
:rofl: Karen you always soooooooooo funny :)

Jenny Beth
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
You do live on the edge don't you? It's a good thing they block TG content 'cause I just know what would happen...:heehee:

Niya W
06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
"You don't think ol' ( Karren's male name) could be one of us, do you?"
"Shhh, he's coming back!":)

All she needs to do no , is sport the nails and the ear rings :)

AmandaM
06-30-2008, 06:27 PM
I see the castle guard hasn't found you yet!

Cary
06-30-2008, 06:45 PM
The same thing sorta happend to me last week. My monitor faces the window, but someone at my office door can see what I'm looking at through the reflection in the window without me knowing. One of my co-workers was coming to ask me about something I was supposed to be working on. I was surfing this very site instead. I clicked off the internet just seconds before he rounded my cube wall. He acted like he didn't even see it. From now on I think I should only surf at home.

insearchofme
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Why were they in your office and behind your desk? Sounds pretty nervy to me, unless you work in a very casual environment.

Deidra Cowen
06-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Great story, I always enjoy your posts and your great attitude.

Katrina
06-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Karren, Karren, Karren...tsk tsk tsk. You should be doing work during work. Bad girl. Maybe the mascara can be used in the mines to ensure that...uh...gotta think of something...

Karren H
06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Karren, Karren, Karren...tsk tsk tsk. You should be doing work during work. Bad girl. Maybe the mascara can be used in the mines to ensure that...uh...gotta think of something...

Well... you did know that the origin of Mascara was coal dust and vasaline.... invented by Mr Rimmel? lol

The first mascara product was invented by Eugene Rimmel in the 19th century. The word "rimmel" still means "mascara" in several languages, including Portuguese (rĂ*mel), Turkish (rimel), Romanian (rimel), Dutch (rimel), etc.

The woman's eye has had mascara applied to the lashes for a fuller effectThe word mascara derives from the Italian maschera, which means "mask"[1]from Middle Latin masca or Arabic Maskhara or from Old Occitan masco [2]. Modern mascara was created in 1913 by a chemist named T. L. Williams for his sister, Mabel. This early mascara was made from coal dust mixed with Vaseline petroleum jelly. The product was a success with Mabel, and Williams began to sell his new product through the mail. His company Maybelline, a combination of his sister's name and Vaseline, eventually became a leading cosmetics company.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mascara

Why were they in your office and behind your desk? Sounds pretty nervy to me, unless you work in a very casual environment.

Well as you can see from my new PC, Dana.... The large screens allow ample viewing room for anyone standing almost any where in my office... lol

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/coalminerbabe/41966-newpc1.jpg

Chiana
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
My My. You are one unique individual, indeed. Glad you are back with us.

CD Susan
06-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Karen, you really do need to be more careful about your extracuricular activities while at work! When I was working I would never have dared logging on to a site like that. My employer would not have appreciated that one bit! I am retired now so that is all behind me. Thank god!

Rachel M
07-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Im sure you can figure a use for Mascara in the Mining field. My suggestion would be to look at camels and their long lashes. THis is to shield their eyes from the sand and dust in the harsh desert conditions. Well, you could say you are experimenting by extending your lashes to prevent dust and debris from entering your eyes while working within the mine.(w/out goggles of course) LOL.

Kate Simmons
07-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Damn Karren, the story I heard was tha makeup was made of bat guano. Oh well, live and learn I guess.:)

Christine Kelly
07-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Hey, Karren,

Thanks for the info on mascara.
Very interesting. I have often wondered.
Now I know. :)

Princess29
07-01-2008, 05:32 AM
way cool, Karen

Karren H
07-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Funny too.. When ya don't care things come blurting out.. Like this afternoon... Waiting for the elevator and one of the Executive secretarys strolls up.. I said "Hey I think they've abandoned us... I've been waiting a long time". And she replies... "Ohh no... Better not ... I do not want to walk down all those staris in these heels".. I complimented her on her shoes but just couldn't resist.. I pointed my toe to the ground and turned my ankle around side ways in a feminine pose and said "well I didn't wear MY heels today". She grinned as the elevator opened and the subject was changed....

Btw.. She's the same one that has errantly received my Victoria Secret catalogues.. lol. Too much fun!!

Bev06 GG
07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Karen, you really do need to be more careful about your extracuricular activities while at work! When I was working I would never have dared logging on to a site like that. My employer would not have appreciated that one bit! I am retired now so that is all behind me. Thank god!

Yes but what you dont realise Susan is that Karen is a tease and wants to get found out. Either that or she has a very over active imagination and just dreams of getting up to mischief. Either way its quite entertaining listening to her latest escapade. Wish we had someone like that in our office.
Bev

Niya W
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Funny too.. When ya don't care things come blurting out.. Like this afternoon... Waiting for the elevator and one of the Executive secretarys strolls up.. I said "Hey I think they've abandoned us... I've been waiting a long time". And she replies... "Ohh no... Better not ... I do not want to walk down all those staris in these heels".. I complimented her on her shoes but just couldn't resist.. I pointed my toe to the ground and turned my ankle around side ways in a feminine pose and said "well I didn't wear MY heels today". She grinned as the elevator opened and the subject was changed....

Btw.. She's the same one that has errantly received my Victoria Secret catalogues.. lol. Too much fun!!

err I'm starting to think you want to be outed :) Wait for Karren to say I walk into work to day and forgot to take the make up and wig off.

AmandaM
07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
err I'm starting to think you want to be outed :) Wait for Karren to say I walk into work to day and forgot to take the make up and wig off.

That's scary! Sometimes when I go to work, I get out of my car and stop, look down to make sure I'm wearing guy clothes. Geez!

Niya W
07-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Step one make sure you have clothes on. :)

Karren H
07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
hahahaha... I've been out enfemme and actually had to look down to see how I was dresses before...

Tonight my wife, daughter, and her bf were playing Carriers.... and I went and picked my game piece... and my daughter says "leave it to Dad to pick out the most girlie color" lol Guess it shows...