PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about you ?

kristen6
07-02-2008, 05:18 AM
How many people know about your CD other than your family members

1 to 3
1 to 5
5 to 10
10 to all

I'm 5 to 10 but the number is growing

Angie G
07-02-2008, 05:42 AM
no one untill I came out to my fife 3years ago.:hugs:
Angie

LovelyRita
07-02-2008, 06:48 AM
I am sure alot know but only because I have a B@*%H of an ex-wife who told my family and probably her friends and anyone else she met, but they never said anything to me but subtly asked my now wife.

kaitlin
07-02-2008, 06:49 AM
At last count there are 7 people, family, that know about Kaitlin!

sandra-leigh
07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
how many people know about your CD other than your family members

Depends what you mean by "know about". Anyone who has gone out in public knowing they don't "pass" could claim numbers in the hundreds or thousands, strangers who had "read" them. So you probably want to remove from consideration the "strangers".

Okay, so then how about store sales assistants who have seen enough to know you are shopping for yourself ("Can I try this on?" tends to give that away), and whom would recognize you by sight because you are a repeat customer? Are those people still "strangers" to be removed from the count? But they might not have any idea what your name is... unless they happened to read the name on your credit card or debit card or reward card membership application. If you are in their rewards card database with name and address and they could read that or perhaps have read that while determining how many rewards points you have, are they still "strangers"? Even if you don't know their names? If you know their names but have never "hung out" with them?

The members of the cross-dressing social club I go to certainly know I cross-dress, but very few of those know my male name or how to contact me (other than email); most of them know less identifying personal information about me than some of those sales agents. But some of them have my cell phone number, and some of them know to a good approximation where I live through talk, and some of them have dropped me off and might remember where I live. One of them has given me rides often enough to know exactly where I live, and I've even pointed out where I work to her; if we are using such criteria as classification, then she could not be a "stranger"... but I don't think she knows my male name, so does she count or not?

I'm "out" to my immediate next-door neighbours, who certainly know where I live and my male name, and we've had a fair number of chats over the fence; on the other hand, they might well not know my last name, and we've never been in each other's houses... in some ways they are strangers.

So... how does one count??

Melanie R
07-02-2008, 09:20 AM
After my wife and I appeared on two television documentaries on crossdressing, the question is who that we know do not know about my crossdressing. 90% have been very supportive. The other 10% do not matter.

debbeelee1
07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Just my SO knows and a couple of FTM and MTF crossdressers I've met while out and about. I'm thinking of coming out to my SO's 22 year old daughter thought. She is very open minded and lives with us.

Joanne f
07-02-2008, 12:39 PM
17,000000 +

joanne

Katie Boundary
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
If I count my girlfriend as family, then two, maybe three (all of them her friends). If not, then 3 or 4.

Clarissa

Carroll
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
not including here, most at work know, but have never seen

Lydia Hamilton
07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Difficult to tell, probably a half dozen for sure. No telling how many they have "shared" the big secret with. Who cares. L

Kate Simmons
07-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Including my family, a host of friends and of course my SO who is TS.:)

Deborah Jane
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Apart from some members of my family, only members of my therapy team know about me...

Karren H
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM
How many have I told? Half dozen including my wife and my brother though he may have forgotten... How many know? Tons... All ths SA's at Kohl's and Value City.. When you try on dresses it kind of gives it away!! :). All the SA's at Ulta.. Some SA's at a few stores I I shop on business enfemme.. The owner of this little thrift shop. Near home.. Her mouth dropped when I spoke!! Lol. Most of the staff at the hotels I stay on business... And most likely a lot of my coworkers... .

Bev06 GG
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
When you try on dresses it kind of gives it away!! :). .
LOL

renee k
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Well for me it's over ten, but not everyone knows. There are people in my CD circle of friends that obviously know. And there my friends outside that circle who don't., and perhaps some who wonder!! LOL!!

Huggs, Renee

Nicole Erin
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
It is more than 10 for me. Most have never seen though. I am not including family or CD/TS friends.

samantha48328
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
About ten know and have seen me. More will know as time gos by. I truly enjoy dressing as a female. I dress up at home 90% of the time. Even when I'm working around the house. I'm a handy lady(man).

KandisTX
07-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I definitely fall into the "over 10" category. I would say that 98% of my renaissance friends know about Kandis. Several co-workers know about her, my whole family knows, my SO, my children and their father (step children), so yeah, I guess I'm pretty much out there with Kandis. ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Brina Halloween
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Neighbors..a few.

At least 800 dancers saw me the last two Halloween's. 10 is definitely a low number. Probably a 100 are people I see regularly.

Tina Dixon
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Every one here:D

Sedona
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Three (that I know of). My best college friend, an ex girlfriend, and my fiancee. The ex had loose lips, and my best friend's husband probably knows, so realistically somewhere between four and forty.

SweetCaroline
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm out and about, so literally thousands have seen me fully dressed in public, so they all know.

But, as far as people who are close to me. Excluding T-Girl friends. About six people I love know I do this. My mom and dad. Two of my brothers. And two very close GG friends, one close to being an SO.

Other than that, my work doesn't know, but I bet they wouldn't be surprized. That and I have an older sister with three young boys. They don't know. And out of respect for my mother I will not tell them. My extended family, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. don't know about "Caroline" either, but they don't need to know since I'm not planning on going full time.

I'm willing to explain if any of them saw me dressed, and once again, I don't think any of them would be shocked to see me dressed in public.

It's who I am.

Patty
07-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Family and friends-none that I know of
Some people living near me have seen some dressing
then all the SA's from trying on and buying clothes/whatever(makeup etc)

Sally1979ct
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
I would say most of my family & around 6 of my friends but they have never seen me out CDing because i do it away from home or when they not around

They have also seen my Photo's n - Most of my clothes i wear during the day in Man Mode are women's anyways

Sally :)

trannie T
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
One friend knows about my crossdressing. The people who see me when I'm out and about and the sales associates I've encountered and the ladies who have done my makeup don't really know me.

KarenCDFL
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
5 to 10.

Holly
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
More than 10... let's just leave it at that :D.

Pamela75s
07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
10 that I know of, and I am not sure how many my ex has told.
Pamela

Mydia
07-02-2008, 11:17 PM
5 for me; My girlfriend and 4 friends.

Sarah Doepner
07-02-2008, 11:25 PM
My wife knows. Do my adult children know? I'm not sure if they do or not. I haven't told them but they have been pretty snoopy at times and I did dress as a nurse a couple of Halloweens ago and they may suspect something. And of course, everyone here.

So, when we count them all up it comes to a total of 1 other person who knows both sides of my life for sure.

Suzy Harrison
07-02-2008, 11:43 PM
My two close GG friends
My friends daughter
My HR Manager at work
My Doctor

That's 5 so far

But in a few months time it will be around 300 ~ (100 throughout the company I work for and 200 customers I meet with)

rian
07-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Other than you girls in this forum .........NO ONE .

iwearstockings
07-03-2008, 05:17 AM
My beautiful S/O,about 10 close friends, 4 of my ex- girlfriends.
My family don't know although we are all very close.
hundreds have seen me dressed up at clubs(hard to miss in this stuff), but they don't know me so that doesn't count!

lizbendalin
07-03-2008, 05:31 AM
More than 10, way more

TSchapes
07-03-2008, 05:40 AM
My closest relatives
Some college friends
The band I played in professionally and anybody that saw me on the road
Most of my doctors
I've told 10 people at work, so that probably means more than that
My entire photography class all 16. Guess what one of my pictures was!
All the SA's and the nice people at the Salvation Army

So more than 10, but not everybody, yet...

-Tracy

DonnaMo
07-03-2008, 05:58 AM
As far as I know my wife does because of so many "clues" but we've never talked about it and 3 other CD's that I've met over the years and then all the times I've gone out as Donna but they wouldnt know who I was so they wouldnt count.

DonnaMo
07-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Hi sis

Suzie S.
07-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Just my lovely wife, and all my friends here of course. :)

Cary
07-03-2008, 06:09 AM
A close GG friend of 20+ yrs.

Two of my ex-girlfriends

A few SA

Everybody here

God and the Devil

Kathleen Ann Trees
07-03-2008, 06:09 AM
My wife is the only one who "knows" me and and "knows me".

Others are just people I've come across:
- Told a doctor, he blew it off
- Seen a couple therapists (one showed up as a parent on my son's baseball team - don't know if she remembers me)
- SA's - I can't say I've ever seen the same one more than once.

And you wonderful sisters.

Kathleen Ann

Melissa Anne
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Other than the thousands on this forum, only wife knows. But I guess nobody on the forum knows my male side, so that doesn't count.:) My two little girls have seen me dressed but they were too young to realize that it was their dad all dressed up.

KimberlyS
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
...All ths SA's at _______ (all of the many stores I shop at enfemme and male mode).... When you try on dresses it kind of gives it away!! :)

LOL, :thumbsup: :^5: Ditto me on that one. When shopping in guy mode and asking to try it on I guess they can assume it is for me?? Even more fun when holding several clothing items and they ask to start a room for me. Am I wearing a sign on my head or what? And if enfemme paying with my male CC and ID may be a clue also.

Add several of my wifes friends to the list also.

kimmy p
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Three others, though many might not be surprised... or have guessed.

Beth-Lock
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
More than 10.

Jennifer Marie P.
07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Mostly my GG friends know that I crossdress and they usally help me by doing my makeup and go to the mall and most of the SA at Ulta know and two women at the bridal shop

Amy Hepker
07-03-2008, 08:02 PM
10 + but not all.

JenniferR771
07-03-2008, 08:24 PM
The girls in my favorite thrift shops. Doctor, dentist, eye doctor--they can't talk about their patients. All the gurls in my support groups.

Stormgirl
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Only my ex knows about me but she is one of those special girls that I still talk to even though we broke up a long time ago. Broke up because of the distance and the time I was deployed. She still supports the CD'ing.

Jenny Ann
07-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Yikes!! Besides here just one. My long time friend.

serinalynn
07-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Id say 5 to 10 but then again Im not out every day as a woman

KatrinaAshley
07-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Not a single person I hope. I've been very careful over the years to avoid anyone becoming suspicious. At times I wonder if I've slipped up but nothing has ever been asked.

CD Susan
07-04-2008, 12:13 AM
More than 10 for sure. My ex-wife outed me to all of our relatives and friends years ago during the divorce. No matter though as nothing bad ever came from it.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
07-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Just about everyone I know nowadays, and its very liberating!

Zara

rachel_rachel
07-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Well let's see, My wife knows and supports it, I think my sister in law knows, all of my close friends know that i do outlandish things, so there's about 20 - 30 people right there.

I recently showed some of my female friends one of my most recent photos.. they loved it! There was one reaction that i was after from one of them and i got it from her too. She's a real girly girl & i've sold about 5 dresses to her so her reaction is how i gauge my efforts.
The next day i showed another friend who hasn't ever seen me dressed, Her reaction was absolutly priceless!! Her jaw dropped to the ground, she looked at the photo, then me, then the photo again.... The look on her face, OMG.

Laura_Stephens
07-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Only two. A therapist I was working with for a while and a hotel security guy when I locked myself out of my room and had to call the front desk.

Mercedes
07-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Excluding the spouse, 4 people know and they are all female. Now I only told two of them, a very close GG friend and a marital counsler. My wife told two of her friends years ago. They were both work friends and not best friends we still see.

Mercedes XOXOXO

AnnMorgan
07-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Just 2.

My SO and my very first Girlfriend. My old GF has offered me so much encouragement(and 1 or 2 items of hers to wear) that I consider myself lucky to still have her in my life, in a manner of speaking.

pinkeverything
07-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Well. it's been a week now since my SO and I tried it out, so I suspect that due to her loose lips..... 5-10. :straightface:

Andrea_cd
07-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Not including the 2 wonderful SA's at my favourite Lingerie Boutique just 1 my namesake.

cdjenny20
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I think it really depends on what definition is of "know about me". If that means they know my real name and know I crossdress, 2. However, many people know I'm a crossdresser, just not my real name. For example, the nail tech and many people who work at the spa I go to when I'm on a business trip know I'm a crossdressers, they just don't know my real name.

TommiTN
07-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Just you gurls. My mom knows I used to because I used her clothes, but I don't think she knows I continued after I left home. If she suspects she doesn't let on...

Denise_az
07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Up until now when I answered this question - Nobody

Joanie
07-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Only my wife. Plus the women I have gone to for makeovers, buy clothes from, etc. but most them are in other towns, aren't part of my daily life.

matrioshka
07-05-2008, 09:34 PM
One close GG friend. We were both going through a rough patch. She laid out her problems to me, and I told her about my CD'ing. Hell, she persuaded me to go and get my first makeover. Other than that, no one. My family would never understand.

On the other hand, there are a score of SA's that know.

M/Katrina

FlygrlChristy
07-05-2008, 09:44 PM
My wife, my mother, and father, all of whom disapprove, and pretend like I'm an abomination. All of the girls here of course, my therapist, and I think my sister suspects something, and a really good friend when I was 10 who later died in an automobile accident, so I don't think that counts.
My wife is the only one who knows for sure, along with my therapist, my mother and father aren't really quite sure, as I've never come straight out and told them, but they let something slip occasionally, if they want to hurt me.

I've tried really hard to stay deep stealth, but of course I haven't always been too successful:o

Christy

Serena
07-05-2008, 11:19 PM
About 5-10, because sometimes I just tell random girl friends because it may come up in subject, and recently they've been ok with it like, they didn't judge me at all. They actually thought it was kinda cool. It surprised me because the first couple at least reacted to it but they had no problem with it.

rustynail
07-06-2008, 03:36 AM
Apart from you all? Only one I think (my wife)

ErikaLeigh
07-06-2008, 04:28 AM
Well there is the ladies and a few gents at the nail salon I go to, a few paople where I get my makeovers done, a few people who I met through this site (Bre, Eileen, Christy) and all of the the ladies at the local tri-ess group, and anyone where I have been shopping en-femme...... So a few dozen. If someone would have asked this about me a 3 years ago, the answer would have been "0".