PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned this past week

TGMarla
07-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Well, my little DressFest is over. I picked my wife up at the airport last night. There were some lovely flowers and a few anniversary gifts awaiting her when we got home. It's nice to have her back, but now all my girly things are put away.

My lovely dresses are all packed away, as is my makeup, and all my shoes and accessories. I thinned out my wardrobe and took a few items that never quite fit right to the Goodwill depot. I did so en femme, which felt nice. One last little drive across town while all dressed up.

I learned a few things about myself that I'll share here. As some of you may know, I was under the weather for much of the week while she was gone. At it's worst, I did not feel at all like dressing. In fact, I didn't feel inclined to be feminine at all while I felt that way. This surprised me a little, because normally, I need very little urging to bring out the girly stuff. My conclusion here is that it's one thing to say that one wants to go 24/7; it's another to actually do it. Girls don't stop being girls just because they're sick. I do. So I'm definitely not transexual. I just have a few transexual traits about me. But that road will never be my road. I just happen to gaze down it every now and then.

Another thing I learned was to avoid my fear when wanting to go out. I'm not sure how to describe this, but I really had very little anxiety when I went out last Friday. It actually felt pretty normal. Perhaps I spend so much time as Marla, it really is part of my norm. When I was sitting in the resaurant in front of the world, I still didn't feel out of place, conspicuous, or nervous. I felt like I was supposed to be there, really. I also don't know when I'll go out again, or if I'll be nervous about it, but this was a big step for me, and I think I passed the test with an A. I'll try to remember that the next time I venture forth. But it really wasn't as big a deal as I anticipated. And I'm still just glowing from the experience.

I also learned that if left to my own devices, I tend to crossdress rather than get things done that need doing. It's a good thing I have my wife around, because that makes me get things done, I guess. It was way fun having all that freedom to dress all I wanted to, but it throws the balance off, and I need to keep that balance. So now it's back to the old routine, but with new experiences to enhace it. I'll never be the old shut-in ever again, no matter how seldom I go out and about. I'm a different me now, and I like it!

Kristen Marie
07-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi Marla,

What great insight! Several of those topics hit me straight on. Especially about feeling under the weather and not really having the desire to dress. So often when we can only dress a few hours a month, we long to do it all the time or the 24/7 dream. But the reality, at least for me, is that I don't need to do it all the time. My three nights in a row in as Las Vegas...being out 5-6 hours a night, showed me that. I love being Kristen, but I don't want to be Kristen all the time.

And getting out....isn't it so much easier now? I am less concerned than ever before...every step is such an important one.

Sara Jessica
07-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Wow, that's terrific that you went out. I cannot profess to know you beyond the several posts of yours that I have read but based on your writings, I would have pegged you as someone who didn't have the desire to venture into the outside world. Congratulations are certainly in order :)

As for getting things done, have you ever considered doing so in girl mode? I have before with the wife away and doing so gives home improvement projects a whole new meaning. Then again, I don't think you'd want to wreck any of your beautiful dresses!!!

Annaliese
07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
From my experience with my wife she dose not feel like dressing up when she is under the weather either. My point is that when one is under the weather they do not feel like doing anything.

Anna

daviolin
07-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Hey Marla
Enjoyed your insight on dressing. Very inspirering. I'm glad you finally got to go out, and throughly enjoyed it. A good incentive for me. As you remember I'm the one who responded to your Dressfest Thread. We were so much alike. My dressfest will end Monday, and I will have to put the wardrobe away. Yes I need my wife back for my true sanity. Daviolin is lovely iner being, but she needs to go way for awhile. I allways welcome her back anytime she likes. Daviolin

Jannette H
07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
TG Marla, Lady I'm happy for you. You got out and it's a wonderful experience. I know you had the dress fest and and like you my SO was out of town about 3weeks ago. I Jumped right into it dressed and dressed again. I didn't get done what I was asked to do either. All Fem clothing is back in the closet. My SO checks the closet to see what I have worn. I've got to put back the cloths in the same order I got them out. I know you had a great time Take care.

Nicole Erin
07-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I imagine your low level of anxiety is because you are/were truely ready to go out. Deep down it is something you have wanted for some time. One day, a person says "Well I am doing this and to hell with the torpedos." [something like that]

I think there is at least a of all of us CDs that would like to be woman. I think that is cause even as CDs, a small part of us IS female. And we embrace that side.

You have had a great learning experience, I just hope that our other sisters who have been wanting to go out will take or get a chance so they can further explore this part of their lives.

darla_g
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Marla, i can relate to everything you are saying perfectly.

Angie G
07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
That's great Marla glad your feeling better hun. Ana I'm glad you enjoyed som of your DressFest.:hugs:
Angie

Tina Dixon
07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I was fun reading about your week for sure Marla, even made me dig my stuff out one day, but you are so right, some thing don't get done when your dressed.

victoriamwilliams1
07-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Another thing I learned was to avoid my fear when wanting to go out. I'm not sure how to describe this, but I really had very little anxiety when I went out last Friday. It actually felt pretty normal. Perhaps I spend so much time as Marla, it really is part of my norm. When I was sitting in the resaurant in front of the world, I still didn't feel out of place, conspicuous, or nervous. I felt like I was supposed to be there, really. I also don't know when I'll go out again, or if I'll be nervous about it, but this was a big step for me, and I think I passed the test with an A. I'll try to remember that the next time I venture forth. But it really wasn't as big a deal as I anticipated. And I'm still just glowing from the experience.

Fear is the number one thing that keeps many of us from going out! I remember the days when I would go out and when a car was coming I would jump back in my car! This not only brought attention to me it also was a strong fear. Now once I get out I keep going!

When you said you did not feel out of place, it was because you are comfortable in who you are. Our self image is totally different than what other people see! We think we look one way when dressed and people who do not know you as your other self (general public) may see a woman out with her friends.

It is amazing what we learn about ourselves once we step out past the threshold.

whitelace
07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I guess most of us can appreciate
& understand your experiences are very good at conveying your thoughts through your writings!
I have experienced a similar situation ,in the fact that I wasn't feeling 100% and yet certain opportunities where at hand which I acted on and ,had I not would probably have felt worse . I sense that you have successfully played out a well rehearsed role and with the curtain down you walk away with a feeling of closure. It seems like we can't stay continually in that limelight ...but that's what makes it so special , I'm glad you shared this with us.... your a pleasure to read ....lacie:battingeyelashes: