PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination On Dating Sites!

IMkrystal
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
I have been a member of a dating site that for the past two years has allowed my avatar picture to be posted. Last year when someone in their organization took my picture from view. Supervisory management put it back on after I threaten to get other people involved. There actions they have done today, have no explanation and is discriminatory toward all transgender people. It is like the Civil Rights or Women Right days! I guess if gas prices can rise toward $7.00, other companies can discriminate and the UNTIED STATES will allow it. Maybe State and Federal Laws only apply to certain groups! GO FIGURE!

I was sent this message from B_ _ _K P_ _ _ _E M_ _T yesterday:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We are showing that your profile states your gender as a male. The picture is of a female and per our terms and conditions, if the picture is not the gender of the member, then the picture is approved for the album only. Would you like us to change your gender?

Thank you and please let us know if we can assist you further with this or anything else in the future.

Customer Service

Your Feedback:
HERE WE GO AGAIN!! Why was my primary picture pulled??? You have done this before, without reason. ARE YOU DISCRIMINATING?

V212816:070108"

THEY HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH SHOWING MY PICTURE FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS, EXCEPT WHEN THEY CORRECTED "THEIR MISTAKE." THEY HAVE NOT OFFERED TO REFUND THE REMAINING CONTRACTUAL FOUR MONTHS OF MEMBERSHIP!!

THESE RECENT ACTIONS HAVE MADE MY BLOOD BOIL!!!! IF ANYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY THINK THIS IS OK, PLEASE TELL ME WHY?

Emily Anderson
07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
It does seem a bit odd in this day and age, but, the dating site is probably a private enterprise, and basically they are entitled to set whatever rules they want. They will have fewer customers as a result, but that's their problem.

IMkrystal
07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
It does seem a bit odd in this day and age, but, the dating site is probably a private enterprise, and basically they are entitled to set whatever rules they want. They will have fewer customers as a result, but that's their problem.

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. I AM GLAD TO SEE THIS "private enterprise" DOES NOT WISH LOST OF MARKET SHARE. EVERYONE ON HERE MUST REALIZE OUR STRENGTH! IT'S TOO BAD YOUNGER GENERATIONS HAVE NO CONCEPT!!!:gh:

After posting this thread their response was QUICK!

Since the photo is of you we have approved it for a main profile picture. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you and please let us know if we can assist you further with this or anything else in the future.

Customer Service

Your Feedback:
I have been on BPM for over two years I have never heard of this rule before is this something new? The last time someone at BPM did this a supervisor corrected it!"

Your profile is still viewable on the site. Please explain what you mean.

Customer Service

Your Feedback:
REFUND MY MONEY! YOU HAVE BROKEN THE CONTRACT WITHOUT EXPLANATION!
I HAVE BEEN INFORMED MY PROFILE IS NO LONGER VISIBLE. YOUR ACTIONS ARE DISCRIMINATORY

V094409:070208"

Donna Michelle
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
I think they should give you a few months free to make up for the time and hassle. I never tried those dating sites, but I know how MySpace friends are. They look at the photos and rarely read the info.

suzy cool
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
What makes you think they should have been aware this was a photo of you? If they think the photo wasn't of the person it should have been (i.e. a male) then it's an honest mistake to make.

I think.

Sophia KT
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Look on the bright side; you passed so well they couldn't even tell:D

Amy Hepker
07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Let's just be glad this forum does not go by those standards.

Dalece
07-02-2008, 04:51 PM
You know that is a problem. why can't they except us for who we are the except lesbians don't they. Don't get me wrong on what I say. Some of my dear close friends are lesbian and I love them dearly they except me for me. Some of these buissnesses just drive me nuts

amber 07
07-02-2008, 05:16 PM
A dating site was recently sued for discrimination for transgender issues and lost. I hope this is the trend and not just an anomaly. Good luck with your fight. Hugs, Amber

VikkiVixen7188
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
You look pretty convincing. Possibly they think that you are a guy posting a diferent persons photo. The e-mail you got back doesnt sound as though you cant have a crossdressed picture, it sounds more like they think your a guy with a picture of a GGfemale posted. Get it?

Some of that stuff is automated, and maybe the person that corrected it last time isnt the same person that changed it this time. Make since?

At anyrate even so if it is a free interprise they may run it as they wish. Thats America. They have dating sights for TS TG too.

Also I just turned 20 on the 1st. so us younger people DO know how free enterprise works. We arent stupid and I dont appreciate condescending old people.