PDA

View Full Version : The clothes or the look?

Emily Anderson
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Do you predominantly crossdress to wear female clothing, or to look like a female?

Just to clarify:

If you predominantly crossdress for the clothing, it implies that the look is of lesser importance.
If you predominantly crossdress for the look, the clothing might be as important as the look, but your "aim" is to look like a female.

Jamie S.
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I crossdress to reflect how I would look had I been born in what I feel is my correct gender.

Donna Michelle
07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I agree with Jamie. I want to look the way I feel or how I see myself. The feeling is more important than the actual appearance. I love the feel of stockings, silk, satin, lace, velvet and plush material. I love pretty colors and styles. I know I can't pass as female - I am not even a good looking guy - but I like how I feel when I crossdress.

suzy cool
07-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I like the clothes but if they make me look 'right' that's even better.

Kate Simmons
07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
When I CD, I do it to express myself and have fun.:)

Deborah Jane
07-02-2008, 01:05 PM
At first it was about the clothes, but now it,s because i want to look like the woman i should have been.

AmandaM
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM
To look like a female.

Dr.Susan
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Both!!!

Nicole Erin
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Dressy women's clothes are a pain in the butt. I have said before and I say again - I don't enjoy the process of getting dressed up, but I love the look when it is finished.

ReginaS
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
To feel more feminine!

Cassiemarie
07-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Dressy women's clothes are a pain in the butt. I have said before and I say again - I don't enjoy the process of getting dressed up, but I love the look when it is finished.

It's the finished product that satisfies me the most.

KandisTX
07-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Do you predominantly crossdress to wear female clothing, or to look like a female?

Traditionally, the starter of the poll would offer their answer to said poll first.

Now, on to my answer;

Neither because it's actually not one or the other but more a combination of both for myself. I love the feeling of the clothing, but I also love the feeling of obtaining a female look. While I know I cannot pass 100% of the time, there are times when I get everything just perfect and those are the times that make all the other failures worth it ;) (Thomas Edison didn't fail to make a light bulb 200 times, he found 200 ways not to make a light bulb. Practice makes perfect). ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Emily Anderson
07-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Traditionally, the starter of the poll would offer their answer to said poll first.

Now, on to my answer;

Neither because it's actually not one or the other but more a combination of both for myself. I love the feeling of the clothing, but I also love the feeling of obtaining a female look. While I know I cannot pass 100% of the time, there are times when I get everything just perfect and those are the times that make all the other failures worth it ;) (Thomas Edison didn't fail to make a light bulb 200 times, he found 200 ways not to make a light bulb. Practice makes perfect). ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

I didn't give my answer, it's true. For me, it's predominantly the clothing, though as time goes on, it may become the look.

I stated "predominantly" in the question to ensure that people made a choice. I guess in your case, you see the two as exactly equal, which is fair enough. There's no harm in not making a choice.

Toni_Lynn
07-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Gosh -- this is a difficult one so I said neither.

That said -- I like to dress because I like skirts and dresses bras and panties and girls jeans and pants etc etc -- because I like the look of the clothes. But at the same time I dress so that I look like a girl, because I think that girls are so very beautiful.

One might say that if I dress because I like the look of the clothes, then wouldn't things like those panties made for men, as sold on the net, be what I'd want to wear. The answer is a loud and resounding NO! The reason is that THOSE are made for men. I want to wear what is made for women. That's why, in one of my first threads here, I asked about who would wear the panties sold by Silk & Satin that look exactly like men's briefs. I'd wear them because they are made for women ,even though they look male.

I dunno -- there is just something about it -- the fact that I am wearing something made to worn by girls that is a big thing for me.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Jennifer Marie P.
07-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I crossdress to feel like a woman andcorrect the gender I was suppose to be

Sophia KT
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I do it because I just have to, else I start pretending I don't understand it and take up residence in a hut miles from anywhere [mentally that is]

Amelia Moxon
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Myself I just like the clothes and the shoes :heehee: I have gone out fully femm'ed up on a number of occasions (my avatar pic) but I now mostly just under dress etc.

Amelia xxx

DeniseK
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I crossdress to reflect how I would look had I been born in what I feel is my correct gender.

What she said. :)

charlie
07-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Taking all that time and effort is part of the high. I want to look like the best lady I can be. Thus, I must put up with all the work to get there. Just part of being a lady I guess!

tamara
07-02-2008, 05:36 PM
In my case, is like a process:

I started by just wearing the clothes and feel the nylons, shoes, etc. As time went by, the desire of look and feel like a real girl has been growing on me.

And I suppose that with time, it is going to be just to feel I am a lady....

Sally1979ct
07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I love to feel like a ladie and can look in the Mirror and smile

Love the lastest fashion aswell

Sally

Cary
07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Both!:)

Bernadina
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
I said "neither" since "both" was missing.

TGMarla
07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
There should be a "Both of the above" selection. I like looking and feeling like a woman, and I love wearing the clothing. So it's not just one thing. It's both.

Tina Dixon
07-02-2008, 07:55 PM
There should be a "Both of the above" selection. I like looking and feeling like a woman, and I love wearing the clothing. So it's not just one thing. It's both.
:iagree:Hey it's a lame post on my end but what can I say it's how I got over 10,000 posts:devil:

Patty
07-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Both

lisalove
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I chose the clothes, because I love them so I wear them. I do dress up with wig, forms, make up, and jewelery but that is a rarety and I have to be in a gurly mood to do it.

bobbie_1048
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM

At first it was about the clothes, but now it,s because i want to look like the woman i should have been.

To feel more feminine!

Sorry that i can't come up with something original but these quotes just about sum it up for me.

Glenda58
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
It started out many years ago cloths only. But after many years I needed the look to make it all come together plus all the mannerisms that goes with being female.

VikkiVixen7188
07-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Both

Angela-Russell
07-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Both.

Gemma Rhodes
07-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Well seeing as when I dress I always wear breastforms, wig and make up, I would say I dress to look female. To me the extras are just as important as the clothes.

cindycd
07-03-2008, 01:57 AM
That's a tough one. When I was young I thought I actually looked feminine when I was wearing panties and dresses and blouses but then I realized that I looked about as feminine as a guy in a dress. As I got older I tried to stop and was seccesful for a time but always had it in the back of my mind and just wasn't capable of shaking the urge. I guess im weak. Now I just buy my stuff on line and dress for my own satisfaction and really don't care about the mirror. I think I like both but I really don' look that feminine, at least that's what my old girl freind told me.

rian
07-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Well I dress to feel Im a female and look like one ...but not nessesary in public

Sarah...
07-03-2008, 07:12 AM
To look female. That's why I am still doing it - practice makes perfect (so still a lot of practicing required then!!! lol) and because I was too scared to go down the SRS route years ago.

Sarah...

daviolin
07-03-2008, 07:38 AM
I love the clothes and the proccess of getting dressed. Getting there is half the fun. But sometimes after I'm all dressed and made up, and I look in the mirror. I see a guy in a dress, that really bums me out. So back to the drawing board. Try a new outfit, change wig, or make-up shades. What ever it takes to look like a woman. To me if you don't look convincing what's the point. Don't get me wrong, you don't have to look like a hottie super model.
(we all would love that look) Just convincing and be comfortable with your look and wardrobe.:drink:Daviolin

Nadia-Maria
07-03-2008, 12:32 PM

Me too !

Nadia

KimberlyS
07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
My view of my cross dressing is that I am a male with both masculine and feminine traits, personalities, and physical features. I am putting on the clothing that society has taught me that masculine people wear and feminine people wear. I am both so I wear both or mix and match based on my mood, feelings and tasks for the day.

Gina S
07-11-2008, 12:25 AM
I enjoy the feeling of the clothing, but when I plan to go out in public the appearance factor takes priority. I may dress down slightly (ladies jeans, casual heels and a conservative top) to blend as best I can. Dressing definitely brings out the feminine side of my personality. :battingeyelashes:

RobertaFermina
07-11-2008, 12:58 AM
I dress for the "feeling" I have and the personality change I experience when I merge with the clothing.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

LovelyRita
07-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Its both for me. Soft and silky is just natural for me. It is to bring out my true inner gender.

boy2girl31
07-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Most of my life people have told me I was more of a girl than a boy bacause of my actions. I have always felt as though I was a girl so I dress to look feminine so I can match how I feel.

Carly D.
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
GREAT POLL !!! I never even thought of the simplicity of this.. the answer is I love to wear certain articles of womens clothes.. and sometimes I even like to wear everything (head to toe crossdress).. this really breaks it down to the simplest form.. for me, I wanted to look like a woman, and now I realize I just really like wearing heels & hose and the occasional skirt..

Tomara
07-11-2008, 10:18 AM
I dress mostly because of the clothing , I enjoy the comfort and the feeling of feminine clothing on me and hope someday to be able to also enjoy looking feminine :daydreaming: Tomara

TommiTN
07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Dittos to what Daviolin said. For me it is both.

Vivian Best
07-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Given the constraints of the poll I voted clothes, however, like many of you it's really both for me.

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I voted to look like a female,but I do love women's clothing and lingerie.

Felicity :)

countrygirl
07-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Both

Nicki B
07-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Voted neither.. (though 'both' would have been a possibility?)

I dress to express my femininity.

Mona
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Love the clothes but I wouldn't be me without the wig and makeup also!

CD Susan
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I dress for the feeling I get when I am wearing the clothes. I dress to some extent every day but rarely get completely dressed trying to look like a female. I enjoy wearing only a few items of clothing and do not even try to look female most of the time.

Sabrina Flowers
07-12-2008, 02:11 AM
I dress becuase I enjoy the clothes and accessories,
But it is nice sometimes to get dressed up and look all femmine when time allows.

SaraCDPA
07-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Hello, I go for both,such a great feeling to be myself

Glenda
07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
There is a female side of me which I need to express. For that reason, I voted that I dress to look like a woman. I love the clothes of course, but what I truly love is allowing both my feminine and masculine sides to share my life and friends.

nikki.darlington
07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
i dress to feel like a woman...my mind is feminine, and dressing and seeing myself dressed, verifies the mental image i have of myself as a woman...i just get a delicious feeling of being complete...i smile, sometimes gigle, when i look at myself in a mirror and see the girl that i am looking back at me...i re-read this several times and it makes sense to me, i hope others will understand...kisses, nikki

Carissa B.
07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
I dress to express my feminine side, I love all the different types of clothing, and looking the part presents the complet package. Feeling Good helps you when you want to look good !

Samantha B L
07-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I dress for all kinds of reasons including tremendous fun and excitement. I could get absorbed in all kinds of fem stuff and in crossdressing for hours and even days which I've done before. I had this very close GG freind who would invite me to come and stay with her and I would stay dressed for days. I looked sorta fem until I was about 35 years old. I don't look fem nowadays but I would dress 24/7 and do all I can to look passable if there was a way. Maybe one of those CD makeovers.

I used to go out kind of partially enfem but I've come to prefer a complete outfit with a wig and makeup if there's time and a way. I dress to express my feminine side yet I find it all to be a tremendous pleasure.

Alaceann
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
:iagree:Hey it's a lame post on my end but what can I say it's how I got over 10,000 posts:devil:

Ditto!!!!:D

Alaceann
07-12-2008, 11:25 AM

Ditto!!!! :thumbsup::D

Farrah
07-13-2008, 01:49 AM
I would have to say a little of both. IN the beginning, its just the clothes. Eventually its becomes both, the look and clothes.

emmicd
07-13-2008, 01:57 AM
I crossdress to match the internal with the external.

Internally my gender is female. When I am dressed as a girl I am matching how I feel inside.

emmi

sterling12
07-13-2008, 03:33 AM
I notice that the voting runs about 50/50, with a small minority says neither.

I guess I'm weird or something; it's a "chicken or egg question" for me, I would have voted "both." I wear the clothes to attain The Look. I love to wear the pretty clothes, but I'm also in love with The Woman and her looks; that the clothes help me to attain, and maybe that's why I love The Clothes.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Empress Lainie
07-13-2008, 04:12 AM

Just to clarify:

If you predominantly crossdress for the clothing, it implies that the look is of lesser importance.
If you predominantly crossdress for the look, the clothing might be as important as the look, but your "aim" is to look like a female.

In my case, I am a female person, and do not want to crossdress to look like a man which I did for 72 years.
So I think my answer is to look like a female, but I would consider crossdressed only in male clothes.

Does that confuse you? It is true.

LisaSae
07-13-2008, 04:59 AM
For me its to look female. My goal would be to be considered somewhat passable :brolleyes:.

I know there are aspects to my personality and psyche that encompass both genders and I think dressing is me expressing the female aspect of myself in a physical appearance sense. A vast majority of the day, week, and month I appear male and although that, to an extent, is an accurate way to describe myself its not 100% truthful reflection of who I am. Therefore from time to time I choose to express the female aspect of my self by how I choose to dress.

Lisa

Juanita O
07-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Both

Laura_Stephens
07-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I CD because it is who I truly am regardless of how I look to myself or anyone else.

LA CINDY LOVE
07-13-2008, 04:52 PM
When it is time for Cindy to go out it is time to act like a woman dress like a woman and look like a woman, why would I spend all that time and money on make-up, cloths and shoes, just to look like him sorry I don't think so.

LA CINDY LOVE

melisss2u
07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
At first i wasnt sure then the clothes now i am not sure again

Andi
07-14-2008, 12:34 AM
For me I so much want to look like and be female I have to wear the clothes to get there (in my mind anyway). :battingeyelashes:

NoraTV
07-14-2008, 02:22 AM
Wow, Emily. You have really posed a tough question that has caused me to think a lot about who I am and what I want in life.

I think it's both for me. I dress to express the feminine side of me, which has been repressed for so many years. But I also dress because I think that female clothing is so much better than the limited choices that society allows men.

For example, here's an interesting experiment. Dress in a well-tailored man's suit. Instead of the black oxfords, slip on a pair of pumps or slingbacks with at least a 4-in narrow heel. Most people would see that you actually look better, instantly. Women's fashions are just so much better.

But all that aside, I dress the way that I do because that is who I am. It makes me feel so right and so happy.

María José
07-14-2008, 03:53 AM
To look like a female.

victoriamwilliams1
07-14-2008, 06:52 AM
I dress to look female.

Natalie tv
07-14-2008, 07:14 AM
For me it is all about looking as femme as possible, although i will dress in womens jeans and boots to go out, i much prefer to go the whole way and get fully made up....

kimberlyx
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
When I first started dressing it was definitly for the feel of the clothes where as now it is both the feel and the reflection of a feminine woman in the mirror :)

rachellenicole
07-14-2008, 07:09 PM
I love the clothes as well as trying to appear as a female, its many emotions that I feel when dressed.

Rach

Lauren Gray
07-14-2008, 07:26 PM
When I first started dressing it was definitly for the feel of the clothes where as now it is both the feel and the reflection of a feminine woman in the mirror :)

I agree! When I first started dressing it was totally about the feeling of the feminine, but now it is to express the look of the female that is Lauren:battingeyelashes: I still love the feel!

LeahCD2002
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I dress to take on a femme role and to find some release from the pressures of male mode...

Leah :doll:

linnea
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I love wearing the clothes because they feel good and they make me feel feminine. Femininity is what I'm after because it is in me wanting to be expressed.

Samantha43
07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
For me it is all about looking like a female. The problem is, I kind of look like my sister with a bad hormone imbalance. :p

docrobbysherry
07-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Well, it started out being mostly about the feel of the clothes, etc.

But now, it's mostly about the look! OMG, what a turn on!

crusadergirl
07-15-2008, 01:54 AM
For me its mostly the look but without the clothes there is no look. And the energy i gain from it.