PDA

View Full Version : The Problem With Florida

PrettyGiGi
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Is that it is warm all year round! I realize that is why people move here, but up north I spent 9 months of the year shaved bare and did some crazy stuff at tanning salons. When you wear shorts year 'round, you can't shave your legs (unless you are far braver than me).

Emily Anderson
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I can't help you much on the heat, but I'm wondering if hairless legs isn't more about how people see you than how you see yourself.

What I mean by that is if someone sees you for the first time and you don't have hair on your legs, then they won't know any different (unless of course you have hair everywhere else).

PrettyGiGi
07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I can see that point, but my kids live here and I'll see them every 3 weeks as opposed to every 3 months. They (and their dear mother) definitely know I should have hair on my legs, chest, underarms, etc., and they love to go swimming.

sterling12
07-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Darlin' a lot of us live down here, we shave our legs, we shave our arms. Eventually you will reach a point where you just don't care. Trust me 999 out of a 1000, don't care what you do and they just won't notice. You got "Golf Buddies?" Check it out...at least half the men you play golf with won't have any hair on their legs either, some for medical problems, some people just aren't hairy, some people....who knows?

I've been shaved for over three years, and the only one 's who noticed were: 1.) an ex-GF who was just starting her career as a nurse and spent time examining everybody's body. 2.) My Drunk Neighbor, who gets "focused" on my legs and blurts out something at The 7/11. The results? Basically nothing, told The GF, "I don't like hair on my bod." Told The Drunk the same...plus; he forgot he said it, by the time he sobered up.

Final suggestion, tell them you hangin' out down at Gold's Gym. They will think your emulating the Roidheads. You want no hair cause' it interferes with your "posing."

Peace and Love, Joanie

PrettyGiGi
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I guess I could just wear long pants when needed... a little more encouragement and I might take the plunge! I do love the feeling of being smooth.

I think I am going to go to the tanning salon this afternoon in my bikini. One session will give me subtle lines and I can erase them before the kids come next month with one or two more....

Steff26
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
I can see that point, but my kids live here and I'll see them every 3 weeks as opposed to every 3 months. They (and their dear mother) definitely know I should have hair on my legs, chest, underarms, etc., and they love to go swimming.

How do they know you are "supposed" to have hair. Not trying to be a smart alec, but I live in the Tampa Bay area, have never had hair on my legs since my 9 year old was born, and she never said a word. Kids these days are a taught to be more acceptable to society. I was born in 1980:strugglin, and it was a lot different then. You would be surprised.:2c:

PrettyGiGi
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Well I've had hair every time I've taken them swimming since they were born...

Emily Anderson
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
If they say something, just look surprised and say "I don't know what you're talking about" in a nonchalent way. Kids have the attention span of about 3 nanoseconds... If you look cool about it, they'll soon be jumping in the pool without another thought.

Amy Hepker
07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, I guess you just have to figure out what you want. I have my 13 year old son living with me. He knows all about me and my thing. He does not care if I have hair on my arms or legs, just that I should not wear certain things like girls sandals.

ashleyinwpb
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I was born in 1980 as well, from age 12-16 I sshaved my legs for bicycle racing and once my friends got over the fact I shaved they never said a word, I live in West Palm Beach Fl. It's funny because little did they know I am a CD. I now live in the same town and save my legs agan, this time because I am comfy with my fem side and I am training for triathlons. My fiance is fine with it and is very supportive too. I have big bad ass calves and most people admire my SHAVED legs than point, guys and girls. I CD at the gym too. I wrote a thread yesterday about it, called at the gym. Don't worry about your kids or ex wife.

Jamie001
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Why can't you shave your legs? I shave my legs, wear women's open toe sandals, and wear red nail polish on my toenails 24/7. When people ask about my shaved legs, I tell them that they feel better when I wear pantyhose.

:2c: Jamie

Is that it is warm all year round! I realize that is why people move here, but up north I spent 9 months of the year shaved bare and did some crazy stuff at tanning salons. When you wear shorts year 'round, you can't shave your legs (unless you are far braver than me).

Angie G
07-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm in N.Y. and wear short in the summer and my legs are alway shaved hun.:hugs:
Angie

KarenCDFL
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I live in Ft. Lauderdale and shave from the eyebrows down.

I wear short sleeve's and shorts and no one says a thing.

tamara
07-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Pretty GiGi

In general, I agree with everybody in the post. You should not care about what other peopke thinks.
However, if the decision involves your kids, then it is a strong and very personal decision. I do not know the type of relationship you have with your ex, and how she would react if she finds out, but if you think that it could interfere in your relationship with your kids, then you have to balance the benefits and possible consequences very well before taking such a step.

Karren H
07-02-2008, 10:16 PM
I hate heat... and will never ever move south of the mason-Dixon line again!!! More fun i the winter... More fem clothing and accessories!!! I can't wait till summer is over!! lol

jennifer41356
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I do , I dont give a rats ass what people think, and I have never had anyone say anything, so try it ...it is awesome:beer::belly:

DawnRodgers
07-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Been in Florida for 10 years now. Keep whole body shaved all of the time - legs, chest, underarms. Go swimming and wear shorts and tank tops frequently. Nobody has ever said anything or appeared to have noticed. Try it, you'll love it.

Stormgirl
07-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Next time a hurricane comes,we shall have a dressing hurricane party.

rian
07-03-2008, 04:20 AM
I am having the same problem , I live in the middle east and shaving legs is an obvious mark so whenever i shave I keep my trousers long time and no swimming activity as well.The most danger activity is when my wife notices since she does not know ...then I have to creat a resonable excuse .....

Jenny Ann
07-03-2008, 04:35 AM
You can always tell your kids you are training for a triathlon and shaving your legs and arms gives you more speed. :-)

Scotty
07-03-2008, 09:43 AM
I shaved my legs the other day, wear shorts around. I don't care what other people think - walk into the grocery store and nobody seems to notice :)

It's about self-confidence, nothing more....I see other guys with shaved legs a LOT.

karina68
07-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi i work in retail and wear shorts to work and except for a couple of silly comments (from co-workers) of which i replied that they were just jealous no problems. I also took the family to Sea World back in April for a little vacation ( i live on the east coast of Fl ) and i was wearing shorts the whole time with my legs shaved and we had a great time

Melinda G
07-17-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm noticing lots of guys with shaved legs lately. Or else they just don't have any hair.

jczr2
07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
My body hair is shaved all the time. I coach football and wear shorts all the time in the summer. Nobody notices and never says anything. I have even noticed a few others i coach with doing the same now.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

Lanore
07-17-2008, 10:57 AM
I live in Central Florida and love the warmth. However, we do have really nice winters. As for shaving, hair is not welcome on my body anytime except on my head. I think most people are more confused when someone goes back and forth between shaving and not shaving. I decided a long time ago, I'm the one who has to be happy.

Lanore

Brooke Smith
07-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I started shaving about 10 years ago but only in the winter.When spring came I'd grow it back and live with hairy legs till fall came. I'm very active with summer sports and was always worried some one would say something.Then about 3 years ago I'd had enough and just kept shaving to stay smooth all year round.

No one,I repeat,no one has ever made a comment about them being smooth. My 80 something year old father once commented that my legs looked very tan and had I been out in the sun? Well yes,I had!

Most people won't see what isn't there and those that do could care less!

Go for it!

gagirl1
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
yeah problem with florida is it's warm all the time. the great thing about florida is that nobody is gonna care if you shave. nobody will notice. in fact, you'd fit in better sans hair.

Paulette
07-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I have had shaved legs all summer and only one person made a comment and I said that I did not like the hair so off it went. I get my torso waxed front and back and shave everything else save for a small landing strip.

Sheri 4242
07-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I coach football and wear shorts all the time in the summer. Nobody notices and never says anything.

Same here! Visit school (h.s. and college) practices and you'll see a lot of coaches shave! NO big deal!!! Plus, a lot of men are hairless. One good friend (who does not CD) has no hair on his legs!

NoraTV
07-19-2008, 02:54 PM
I live in Florida and have never had anyone even appear to notice my legs (which is kind of sad, maybe) when I am in drab, much less say anything. It's not that unusual among guys.