PDA

View Full Version : What if ...

Byllie
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Before I ask my question, allow me to say that I adore Science Fiction, especially the "What if" aspect.

Okay, so here's the premise. Let's assume that we suddenly lived in a world which was not bi-gendered, but rather where everyone found their place on the gender spectrum and were accepted for who they were.

That said, if this was the world we lived in, would you feel compelled to dress fully en femme (or not at all), or would you be dressing every day in a way that reflected your place on the spectrum?

Toodles!
Byllie

DemonicDaughter
07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Every day would change for me... sort of. I have to keep my nails but other than that, I have total tomboy days, total skirt days, total... my closet exploding days! LOL!

I dress in accordance to mood, not gender. :)

Deborah Jane
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I,d dress as often as i do now.
I,d just go out more often when dressed girly :)

Angie G
07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm with Daborah on this one. :hugs:
Angie

Mona
07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I would dress as I felt at the moment, sometimes masculine, sometimes completely fem, sometimes somewheres in between. Wouldn't it be wonderful!

Beth-Lock
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Everyday I would dress according to how I felt, but likely much more often fem than drab.

Sarah Doepner
07-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Yep! It wouldn't make sense to spend all that time getting pretty just to mow the lawn or clean out the garage. I mean, isn't that what guys are for? Then when it was all done I could get girly and reward myself with some shopping. I think I could make that work, but I don't know if I'd ever have time to go to work.

Mollyanne
07-03-2008, 12:46 AM
I would only get dressed as the female I was supposed to be born in the first place!!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Bev06 GG
07-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Well that would be character building wouldn't it. No body would have to hide their true self. I agree with DD I dress mostly for mood not gender but then that is easy for us to say isn't it because we can do without fear of reprissal ,unless of course we start painting a 5 oclock shadow on our faces.
Take care
Bev

DawnRodgers
07-03-2008, 01:41 AM
fem 24/7.

TSchapes
07-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Let's assume that we suddenly lived in a world which was not bi-gendered, but rather where everyone found their place on the gender spectrum and were accepted for who they were.

If we were to roll the clocks back to where the clothing split happened, and cancel it out, there would be no male and female clothing to begin with. There would just be clothes to express yourself. Just like when I look at my two cats, one male and one female. They both wear the same outfit (fur coat, the lucky bas***ds) and they both display what we would call male and female traits.

Now if you are asking me, what would I prefer to wear 24/7 then it's dresses and high-heels.

Love, Tracy

P.S. Love the question...

Tina Dixon
07-03-2008, 06:09 AM
We would probably be all the same there but then we would dress as other species:D

DonnaMo
07-03-2008, 06:18 AM
I would think that would be a so much more of a natural world than the one we live in now.......for myself any male clothes I own would disapear in a heartbeat....

Cary
07-03-2008, 06:21 AM
I would be a better dresser.:)

deja true
07-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Remember stargirl's post in a thread a while back that said..."What we need is our own town!" ?

Dress as we want, do as we want, love whom we want...that's been running through my head for ages. Where's our Donald Trump or Bill Gates to make that happen for us!

As a fantasy,it's great and can keep our minds occupied for a long time. But as a reality, it might not be too far fetched, huh?

If poygamists can do it in Utah...and Christian conservatives can do it in Florida...why can't we?

daviolin
07-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Yep! It wouldn't make sense to spend all that time getting pretty just to mow the lawn or clean out the garage. I mean, isn't that what guys are for? Then when it was all done I could get girly and reward myself with some shopping. I think I could make that work, but I don't know if I'd ever have time to go to work.

You hit the nail on the head sweety:thumbsup:Daviolin

KandisTX
07-03-2008, 08:03 AM
I'd dress as I felt that morning when I woke up. If I felt girly, I'd dress girly. If I felt ****ty, I'd dress ****ty. If I felt manly, I'd dress manly. (you get the idea). ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

TracyH
07-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Rather than just gender based clothing, I'd rather everyone just decided to wear what they want. Like one morning I climb onto a bus wearing a skirt and corset, and I sit next to someone in a latex catsuit and gas mask, right across from a nudist. But then looking to my other side and finding a man with a briefcase and three peice suit.

kristacd20
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
definately more girly for me.

CowGurl Rachel
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I go out nekkid... if everyone had a place and was accepted, who needs clothing? :heehee:

adelle
07-03-2008, 02:06 PM
in fem 24/7 :D