PDA

View Full Version : Could you ever pass in public?

crispy
05-16-2005, 04:11 AM
reading the new threads about passing in public inspired this poll.

Lady Jayne
05-16-2005, 04:14 AM
Only inthe dark from a distance, Say half a mile!!!!

mand
05-16-2005, 04:28 AM
Hello Crispy, tell you what love go on the site I'm always slagging off, there are more passable trannies on there than anywhere else in the world, or so they think they are ;)

Do I pass?.................... Not really, and to be honest I don't think there are many trannies that do. I have met quite a few trannies over the years and I have only ever met one who I thought was "passable", she was a TS who was having GRS in three weeks time and yes she would pass if you didn't know her, the only real give a way was her hands, they were to large for a woman in fact they were large by a mans standard, but in other ways she was very passable.

If you were to ask how many trannies are attractive, pretty, good looking then I would have to say there are lots, I think you don't have to be passable to be attractive :)

love mand xxx

Clare
05-16-2005, 05:33 AM
Most people tend to think of passing as having a face with some womens features.

But in reality, passing involves the whole look. I think you have to have the stature of a 'normal' woman eg; height, build, and bone structure / skin type to really carry off the look.

Look at me (imagine it) i'm about 5'9", broad shouldered, big chested man with a large fleshy face. A litttle heavy (i'm workin on it) with solid legs and big feet.

Even if i spruce up the face with a miracle, the rest of my body would give me away! Sure there are some big GG woman around, but it tends to be obvious they are real ladies. I would really stand out even with nice clothes, makeup etc.

However, it wouldn't stop me if I was with other cd's and went out as a group, we'd all be facing the same issue en masse.

Christine

Mia lynn
05-16-2005, 05:38 AM
I'm not really sure I could pass. Maybe with a really good makeover . I hope so. I'm not a big girl 5' 6" 150 and having been dieting. I do want to go out en femme .
Hugs
Mia Lynn :)

Wendy me
05-16-2005, 06:10 AM
ok well i am not a real big "guy" but it's safe to say a big girl....and although i have a few ... let's say not factory installed options......no i don't pass as a woman...but i do on occasion go out... now planed trips and safe places,.....we may always want to pass but for the most part something gives us away.........

ronna
05-16-2005, 06:59 AM
When guys are drunk and they see through "beer goggles" you will all look better to them, but you definitely want to avoid them then!

Katie Ashe
05-16-2005, 08:30 AM
My voice would give it away, other than that I'd be ok.

Katie

Sigrid
05-16-2005, 09:41 AM
I guess that all depends on how desperate the guy is. :D Honestly though, I wouldn't. Too many dead giveaway features including a deep voice wide shoulders, big hands and feet, large nose. Not to mention that I haven't spent much time trying to nail down the mannerisms, gestures and walk.

With my best makeover, proper attire, sitting on a park bench and my face buried in a book I might not draw attention to myself. But that's about my best shot at passing - and come to think of it, I actually might really enjoy doing just that. :)

~Sigrid

melissacd
05-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Previously, I did not think it possible, but after using a cosmetics program on my facial picture, the face being the hardest part, in my opinion, to make passable, I have become more confident that with the right makup and hair treatment I probably could create a passable female illusion.

Lady Jayne
05-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Tell us more,that sounds like fun! is your new avatar the results? it's very pretty.

Bobbi_Gurli
05-16-2005, 10:42 AM
If I can get a beard cover that really works, I think so!

Stormgirl
05-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Sadly no,I would not pass in public in fact I'd stick out like a sore thumb.My shoulders are too broad(wide) and I have some muscle on my arms as well.Also even though I could fix my eyebrows,they are too "masculine" to pass.(whatever that means)

melissacd
05-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Lady Jane,

Yes my new avatar is the result. Thanks for saying that I look pretty, that is a sweet thing to say.

Rather than explaining that here, please feel free to PM me and I will tell you how I did it.

Hugs
Melissa

BonnieJG
05-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Sadly no. my face is more man, and i have a face hair on my neck that I shave but you can still see it. I tryed mack-up . then female and I'm 240 lb's My voice would give it away, BUT i would like to pass one day just go out for a walk ,
ANY ONE HAS ANY ADVICE for me

Donna Delite
05-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Passing is a relative term here, there are very few of us that are 100% passable. I know I'll never look exactly like a woman, but I can sure try

Priscilla1018
05-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Never in a million years.I have huge shoulders,chest and arms.My voice is very deep and I have a full beard.The only part that could possibly pass is my legs but,they to are very muscular.I have seen pictures of girls on this site that could pass;I'm just not one of them.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Maddie Knight
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes, been out twice last week.
Some old guy looked at me on saturday but i don't think i was read, i think he was a dirty old man.

axdressa
05-16-2005, 02:53 PM
i wouldnt pass either // but my gf likes it so i dont really care ... for now anyway

juneuk
05-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I've been out and about and its not just how "girly" you look that counts. It's how confident you are.
If you are looking at people to see if you pass or not they will look at you wonering why and then they will read you.
However, if you just go and do your stuff, most people will just get on with their thing and never notice you.
A good example off this is shop lifters. If they go in and pick something up and walk out no one will notice and they get away with it. If, on the other hand, they look around to see if anyone is looking, then people will think why they looking around? They must be up to something??
They will get nicked!
I think the busier somewhere is the less you will be noticed. The time I was read was at night, in a car, sat at traffic lights. There was no traffic and the other driver had nothing to look at except me.
I just smiled and said hi.
Why should I worry if I do get read. I'm not hurting anyone and I'll never see them again. I may have given them something to talk about for the rest of their week. :)

michelle-jean
05-16-2005, 03:12 PM
i am 6ft 2"tall 168lbs no beer gut narrow lady like hands slim lady like face 36-32-36 .,long shapley legs.nice female like ass. but when you look at my feet(12med.in ladys shoes)long and slim toes.and when you hear my voice it is a little low for most woman.when my wife puts my makeup on me and fixes my hair she and friends say yes i can pass.and i just need to say as little as i can when we are out of the house.michellejean(mrs.highheels) :)

Maddie Knight
05-16-2005, 03:14 PM
I think the busier somewhere is the less you will be noticed. :)
I agree. When a town centre is busy people are more concerned with making there way through the croud or looking in shops to notice us.

Georgette
05-16-2005, 03:21 PM
As I voted I go used to go out to the TG/GAY/LESBIAN bars but only for the thrill of being in public with like minded people it was great when my SO and I would go. I love to dance and this was an avenue of escape from the turmoil of every day routines, but that all ended when my wife got Jealous of Georgette. Just some insight to my life. :rolleyes:

juneuk
05-16-2005, 03:29 PM
but when you look at my feet(12med.in ladys shoes)long and slim toes

I bet most people would not notice.
I have a GG friend who is about a foot shorter than me and we have the same size feet.
Next time you are out in town sit and have a coffee and really look at people.
No one is the perfect shape/size/whatever.

StephanieCD
05-16-2005, 03:52 PM
I think the poll needs more yes choices - three "no" votes and only one yes... I think I could pass with a LOT of work. I wouldn't be pretty but could pass under the right conditions. For now I'll vote no ;)

Katrina
05-16-2005, 04:25 PM
I might be able to pass if I was sitting still and didn't say anything and it was dark and I was far away and the other person was optically challenged. I have not perfected my girly voice and have not worked on any mannerisms either. That said...I would love to try! :)

gender_blender
05-16-2005, 05:04 PM
I'd like to think I can sometimes.
Friends have told me I pass for female, but I do have youth and female hormones on my side.

Charlie

Melissa A.
05-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I gave the second answer, but feel there is probably an answer between that and "Yes, I do it all the time!"

I've gone out walking alone at night quite a bit, and have taken quite a few drives in my car durring the day. I have had people walk right by me, or walk right in front of my car and look at me, and not look twice at all. That's great fun. But do I pass, in all situations? I honestly don't know. I still don't have the confidence to walk down the main street in my town or shop in a mall, but hope that someday, I will.

Yes, if you are trying to pass, the look is important, as is the choice of appropriate clothing. But I do agree with Mand, in that very few of us really pass 100%, but that doesn't mean you aren't femininely attractive. The most fun I've had is in a tg friendly bar, where they all knew I was a cd. It didn't matter if I passed. Quite a few complimented me, but people are generally nice.

The most important thing, by far, is confidence. When I have that "feminine confidence", I just feel so right. I walk(perfectly) with my head high, and just don't care. I don't always have that when out there, but when I do, it's special, and great fun.

We can't always pass, but we can still be who we are. And that is beautiful.

To all those getting out there, just please be careful.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Like2BAspen
05-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey gulrz don't feel bad about yourselves.Are you comparing yourselves to super models or kmart shoppers. I sop at walmart and I can honestly say I can put some of those hags to shame even the ones my age 42. So compare yourselves to your equivalent.

black leotards
05-16-2005, 06:38 PM
... I kept my mouth shut (too deep a voice) and stood still (haven't mastered the walk just yet) :D !

Seriuosly though, with some coaching I might just try it someday! :eek:

Sweet Susan
05-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Your poll needs another option. I feel as though I can pass, but not always. I agree with Sigrid. With a great make-over, I know I could pass, but perhaps not to everybody. I believe a gg would be able to make me almost always. A horny guy? Well, horny is horny, isn't it.

Alie
05-16-2005, 07:30 PM
If I met you friends here at the "Forum" on the street
you would let me pass.

Jenifer1961
05-16-2005, 08:24 PM
If I wore a big trash bag over myself I might pass;)

But I don't worry about it. I enjoy it to much to worry what others might think...

Holly
05-16-2005, 08:40 PM
I believe "passing" is more about attitude than look. Sure, we all try to look our best. But if when we go out we are confident (not cocky), composed, and carry ourselves in a manner that says, "I know who I am and I am delighted to be the person you see," then who really cares what others opinions are? There is no such thing as being pretty enough to pass. Beauty is truely in the eye of the beholder. Inner beauty is so much easier to put forward (but that certainly doesn't mean we should ignore how the package looks)! ;)

Nicole Summers
05-16-2005, 08:43 PM
oh sure wearing a Burka

Deidra Cowen
05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Not there yet....but I'm sure going to try! Figure I gotta drop at least 12 more pounds. More importantly I'm going to buy one of those female mannierism coaching dvd's that are in Tristians links.

Deidra Cowen
05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Deidra and I are going to diet together.
She might be prettier, but I might be hungrier!

LOL I don't know about that!

By the way, I respectfully disagree with those that say you can't pass. I have a friend that 100% passes. Granted she is has done the hormones and is post op. But you would never read her. I saw her pics from when she was a CD and she looked good then too.

She lives in stealth mode and works out in the corp world. Cool girl. Funny thing is that she dresses down. When not at work she wears jeans and basic stuff. Not much makeup either. Most of us way over do the dressing....well we have our reasons, mainly because its fun!

Mitzi
05-16-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm told I can easily pass by other CD's, and for the most part, I believe I do. But occasionally I catch someone (always GG's) gawking, obviously out of curiosity, never in a hostile way. I'm kinda big for an Asian girl, 5'8", and love wearing 3" or higher heels, but surprisingly few people notice. It depends somewhat on the lighting...in bright sunlight, I tend to get more looks, whereas indoors, as in a store where the lighting is more diffused, people tend to not notice at all. Other than for the heels, I dress to not attract attention, no mini's, etc. Lately I go without lipstick, and that fits in more with the crowd.

That having been said, most people are polite, so even if they read you, they are discreet and only stare at you behind your back. I could be getting stares that I'm not aware of.

Mitzi

Summer
05-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Some one said go about your business and people will not give you a second look. And don't dress to attract attention until you gain confidence.
And remember to smile, it puts people at ease.
Summer ;)

Ava Mouse
05-16-2005, 11:46 PM
From certain angles & lighting, I probably pass... Given the few double takes I've gotten, I'd say that I need a little more practice walking and talking, and better makeup...

What's more important to me is that no one gives me a hard time about it. Which goes back to that respect for women thing, and dressing naturally...

Tristen Cox
05-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Could you ever pass in public?

I can pass people, birds, buildings, cars on the highway, mailboxes, street signs, telephone poles, trees, fire hydrants, park benches, dogs, cats, bicycles, fences, yards, newspaper stands........

Oh you mean 'pass' for a female? Only in my daydreams.

Lady Jayne
05-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Ava
I'm supprised you get read at all, you always look so feminine to me, sort of soft and pretty, Just the sort of look I go for in GG's.

windycissy
05-17-2005, 05:20 PM
My batting average is about .950, which would be amazing for baseball, but very daunting for crossdressing - those moments when you get "read" are the worst! So I stick to safe places, AVOID TEENAGE GIRLS and really work at my wardrobe: black tops and a lot of distracting accessories (scarves, scrunchies, etc). It's all worth it when I get referred to as a "she" or a "her" by a checkout girl at the market...Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

JoannaDees
05-17-2005, 08:37 PM
I was looking for an "I don't know, I'm too scared" option. That's my vote.

Rachel Ann
05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Pass? Obviously not, but I'll go out for fun if I feel that my physical safety isn't compromised. That means going with a group, a GG, or a passable Tgirl. And my preferred destination would be someplace T-friendly. Or shopping, during daylight.

Then again, I have a lifetime of experience at not getting rattled when somebody gives me a really dirty look or comment. I suppose that Mace and a rape whistle might be in order as well, I have neither atm.

Based on my very limited experience, it seems that in GLBT clubs, we get a lot of hostility from some (not all) drag queens and butch lesbians - but the management usually won't allow this to play out.

I was looking for an "I don't know, I'm too scared" option. That's my vote.
Now, now dear. You are more passable than I. But I can't address your other fears.

jo_ann
05-18-2005, 10:46 PM
I have the build of a football player, so uhhh no
6'5", 310lbs, broad shoulders, size 15 shoe (mens).. so basically the only female shoes I can buy are 5" **** shoes making me a giant 7foot tall drag queen. sucks being me :(

stefanie
05-19-2005, 12:39 AM
i have been told I am quite passable..to be quite honest, it is still very hard for me to evaluate myself. Some men and other tg thought I was a gg (what a great compliment!). I would love to get more gg opinions

I have gone out shopping in skirts, 3" heels, etc in open daylight...don't think anyone was staring inappropriately at me. I try to maintain confidence and simply enjoy the experience of being out and shopping. Not worrying too much about what others think I think helps. I am 5'8, 130, a little tall in heels also.

More recently, I've gone out in pants (suit pants, jeans, etc.) and heels. I think the look is less provoking and attention getting...not to mention, for some reason, I am just feeling sexier in girly jeans rather than skirt nowadays.