PDA

View Full Version : Would you appear on TV ?

KATIE TV
07-03-2008, 06:18 AM
My partner “J” a GG and I have just been interviewed and filmed by a UK TV channel about our lifestyle, That is me a cross dresser & her as a GG and how we get on and live our “apparently” unconventional lives, We discussed at length if we should do this, The TV company gave us all the questions and told us what they wanted to film in advance, so we agreed as it would be true and hopefully not show us in a bad light, Just for the record this was not a case of “Wow I’m going to be on TV” as I have appeared on TV (as a guy) a number of times. We saw it as an opportunity to show that this kind of lifestyle is not weird or that strange, And as the program is about “What goes on behind closed doors in Britain” We thought lets do it and stand proud, “J” made the point that “what woman wouldn’t love to have a man who cooks, cleans, & generally takes on all the housekeeping duties seen as woman’s work” & “who is also gentle & loving but is still a man“, So It’s out of the closet big time, It wont be a shock to most of our friends and relations as our lifestyle is no secret to them, Now here’s the questions, Do you girls think we have done the right thing by showing that this kind of thing go’s on? & If you could, would you have done it.
Katie,

Kathleen Ann Trees
07-03-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm proud of leaders like you! It's nice to see how "normal" it can be, rather than seeing crossdressing as it can be in wild parades and such.

Personally, I'm a fairly private person, so I don't see myself in front of any cameras. For anything. No reason anybody would want to see me open my pie hole.

Good luck to you. I hope everything becomes easier for you.
Kathleen Ann

Karren H
07-03-2008, 06:56 AM
That's fantastic!! Good for you!! I just watched the BBC documentary about the Wives of Transvestites and it was really good and well presented... tasteful... I think I would do it......

deja true
07-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Katie, if you know this program to regularly be a fair and balanced show, capable of showing 'unconvential' stories in a non-judgemental way, then yeah, you did a good thing.

I hope that the intent of the producers is do that very thing. But as we all know, media, television media in particular, has a way of wanting to present stories with as much controversy and flash as possible. If you had a half hour of interview with the presenter, you'll be lucky to get any more than 5 minutes of screen time. And your comments can be edited to fit with the producer's agenda. Sound bites rule these days.

Let's hope that his agenda is more along the lines of Oprah than Jerry Springer!

Do you get to see the final edit before public screening?

Bev06 GG
07-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Hi Katie,
Yes I do, as long as both your wife and yourself were comfortable with it, and no one is going to get hurt.
I personally would not appear publicly but only because of our teenage children. If they were older and out of school then I wouldn't hesitate. As you quite rightly pointed out there are lots of bonuses and we are not wierdo's.
Well done to you both because that must have been quite a nerve wracking experience and thanks for flying the flag.
Bev

Angie G
07-03-2008, 07:03 AM
I think what your Doing if done right is a good thing for us all. It must have been a difficult decision for you and your wife we need more positive thing for the public to see thank you for trying to make us look nore normal.:hugs:
Angie

Bev06 GG
07-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Yes Karen,
I have absolutely no doubt that you would do it. Not quite sure though how it would be perceived by the general public as you are what I call carefree and dont give a ....... what others think of you. Although that would be very refreshing some of your antics might lead people to thinking that CDs are all a tad accentric and I mean that in the nicest possisble way. We love you to bits, not sure the world is ready for you yet though honey. Your a girl before your time
:love:
Bev

KATIE TV
07-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Just for the record "J" and I are NOT married, Both done that and got the "T" shirt, In my case that was about all I was left with!
Just to make it clear this was done in our home with a few "staged" shots added such as us makeing dinner, "J" comming home to a ready made drink, me cleaning my Harley Davidson (in a skirt) etc.

Genifer Teal
07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Just for the record "J" and I are NOT married, Both done that and got the "T" shirt, In my case that was about all I was left with!

At least it was a "clean" T-shirt, cause it sounds like you were taken to the cleaners. LOL (sorry):sad:

Funny thing - just before I read this thread, I was actually asked to be in a promo for a potential future documentary on crossdressers. I politely declined. As much as I am out there, being on television is not something I a prepared to do at this time in my life.

Gen

Patty
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
So good to hear,
sounds like it will be very tastefully done
things like this are needed for the public to better understand what makes us tick

linnea
07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
It sounds very good, and if it's good, it will help all of us live more truthfully. I don't know that I would have done it (but that's only because of my individual situation). The concept appeals to me, and I certainly applaud the two of you for doing it.

Thank you.

Joy Carter
07-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I may do it, if my private life were left out of it. I would let a camera follow me around shopping, eating out or going to a club.

MJ
07-03-2008, 10:22 AM
yes i have been on television and yes i would do so again if i felt it would do any good . one piece of advice ... it might be a very long day !!!! dress for comfort including your foot wear ...
for the 10 to 12 minutes of footage that was shown on TV 14 hours or so of footage was taken .
the funny thing was they filmed me transforming from girl to guy mode and with the camera guy about 3 feet away from me he wanted to show me taking off my bra .... for the first time ever do you think i could get that thing of.
after about 5 takes i got it right lol. if they get you walking in heels you may take over an hour of footage ...
but i felt it was worth it, Lisa and myself had fun
remember to just be your self don't do anything you would not do in your normal day to day stuff ..
good luck have fun
hugs

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Thats great that you can do that. I couldn't because I know way too many people in my area.I prefer to a at home girl.:)

Felicity

Emily Anderson
07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
What Deja said!

I think it's great that there are CD's out there willing to get in front of the camera, so long as it's for the good of others, and not just for the spectacle. As it sounds like this is a positive thing (fingers crossed), then kudos to you!

Melanie R
07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Being interviewed on national television is certainly not for the faint hearted. Your secret will be out. My wife and I have done three programs where we were interviewed from 23 minutes to 60 minutes. The key is to make certain that the producers will work with you to educate and not sensationalize such as Springer. My feet are still hurting from the 40 hours+ we spent filming Secret Lives of Women Married to Crossdressers for WE in 2006. Yes, we lost some friends and some relatives think our "lifestyle" is sinful. They apparently learned nothing from seeing the show. Mostk, however, were very supportive.

Here is a link to one segment of the show http://youtube.com/watch?v=c-1c5LPilzA.

Ruth
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I admire your courage in going out and doing this... and I admire your faith in the program producers, in that you feel sure that what will go out on air is what you want to show.
Personally I would not trust them, but that's just me. Hope it is a great success.

carolyn todd
07-10-2008, 06:50 AM
hi katie
i would go along with kathleen ann trees and ruth on this
you and your so are one of our leaders of crossdressing
thank you for doing somethink we are fearful of doing.

carolyn xx

KayR
07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Katie
What programme will it be shown on, and what date?

CD Susan
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Katie, I admire you for being a leader for our cause. I hope the show was in good taste and from what you have said I think that it was. I would like to see a similar documentary aired here in the USA. Personally I am just too shy to do something like this. I congratulate both you and your SO for taking the bold step to promote the cd life in a positive manner.

Nikki K
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
That's fantastic!! Good for you!! I just watched the BBC documentary about the Wives of Transvestites and it was really good and well presented... tasteful... I think I would do it......

I'm trying to find positive information to help with my SO.

Thanks,

Nikki

KATIE TV
07-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Katie
What programme will it be shown on, and what date?

Hi Kay, The program was made by ITV for Virgin (Free view I think) as to when it will be shown I have no idea, They said that they will let me know, but having worked in the TV industry I’m not holding my breath on that one, Katie