PDA

View Full Version : The start of my last journey

Suzy Harrison
07-03-2008, 09:39 AM
As you may know from my posts in the other sections of this site, I'm just about to start on my journey to become a female at last.

I read a article the other day about the transition process which talked about the gender of the mind and the gender of the body.

There was a lovely passage that stated:

"It is impossible to change your gender..... But you can change your body to match the gender in your mind that you have always been since birth"

So basically my mind has always been female ~ and now I'm going to correct my body to match with up with that and take the internal conflict away once and for all.

:hugs: Suzy

Jenn2716
07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Congrats Suzy, and good luck on your journey!! I hope you have a smooth transition and I'm so happy that you are on your way.

DemonicDaughter
07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Is it okay to be excited and nervous for you at the same time? I'm always nervous if there is healing involved. Always feel like I wish I could make it instant. Like Poof! Done!

You must be beyond ecstatic. Wow... I can't even imagine. How absolutely wonderful.

You know... I've never asked if there is a section on here for those GGs born with the wrong bodies. (sorry, but that's how I see it) I would assume you too feel terribly uncomfortable in the GM section but not allowed in the GG section. Hmmm... that doesn't seem right. Is there a section like that for women/men born in the wrong bodies? A private one I mean?

Kimberley
07-05-2008, 04:50 PM
It is a long and sometimes painful (mentally and physically) process and you will question yourself and others will question you. Always listen to them then follow your heart. Dont rush it and go at your pace on your schedule and you will enjoy the ride.

:hugs::love:
Kimberley

Jacqui
07-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Suzy, wish you the best of luck and hope that despite any pains or hardships, it will all be worth it!

Jacqui

TGMarla
07-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm very glad for you, Suzy. You know I am. It's time to right this wrong, and put things in place like they should be. You are never going to be truly alone while you do this, because we are all going to be there with you when you need us.

uknowhoo
07-06-2008, 10:06 AM
My thoughs, prayers and support will be with you throughout your journey, Suzy.

Love,

Tammi

MJ
07-06-2008, 12:19 PM
my prayers and support will be with you as well my friend . i am but a phone call away should you need me all the very best :love:

Deborah Jane
07-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Suzy,
I hope your journey brings you the true happiness of finally being who you were born to be.
I,ll be praying for you and supporting you girl.

:love: Debs

CaptLex
07-07-2008, 10:03 AM
So basically my mind has always been female ~ and now I'm going to correct my body to match with up with that and take the internal conflict away once and for all.

Congratulations, Suzy, may your journey be free of obstacles and delays, and may it bring you love, support and happiness. Here's to all good things for you. :cheers:

Is there a section like that for women/men born in the wrong bodies? A private one I mean?
Yes, there are private sections here for those transitioning. For MtFs there is a section called Safe Haven and the FtMs have the FtM Transitioning section.

DemonicDaughter
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes, there are private sections here for those transitioning. For MtFs there is a section called Safe Haven and the FtMs have the FtM Transitioning section.

Good, I didn't want to have to start picketing. Now what am I going to do with all the "Free our TGs!" signs?

Beth-Lock
07-07-2008, 09:10 PM
What a marvellous time. All the best on your journey.

Suzy Harrison
07-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Thank you all for your kind support. :love:

This week I'm off on a country trip with one of my GGs from work. We have two days training staff in a hospital - but intend to go out to a nice resturant for each of the two evenings... all helps with my practice to go full time.

I've had the second of my laser treatments and the third is due in one weeks time.

Also I'm due to see the Gender Theopist in 3 weeks time - the first step into getting on hormones..

So I'm moving forward....Oh yes I have the SCC in Atlanta coming up too :)

TxKimberly
07-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Suzy,

I wish you the very best my friend. What a huge step - you must be so very brave! :-)

Suzy Harrison
07-13-2008, 03:16 AM
Suzy,

I wish you the very best my friend. What a huge step - you must be so very brave! :-)

Oh please don't call me brave, as it makes the whole thing sounds really scarey !

Some days all this seems very daunting and other days it seems so natural and I can't wait to get going with it.....Has that been the same for others who have gone before me ??

Shelly Preston
07-13-2008, 03:27 AM
Hi Suzy

You may not consider it brave but it is a massive step
I know your getting to where you want to be but its not easy

I wish you well on the journey to where you should be :hugs:

Denise01
07-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Congratulations Suzie and I wish you all the success in the world.

I just wish that I were as clost to transition as you are, but hopefully that day will come sooner than later.

You will be in my prayers and my thoughts will always be with you

Denise