PDA

View Full Version : I want to tell my sister

PrettyGiGi
07-03-2008, 04:54 PM
But I am afraid to. She is my closest friend and we could have a ball. I have one GG friend who knows and that is it (she may join here!)

I am just afraid if my sister doesn't understand she'll flip.

Emily Anderson
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Hopefully you know your sister better than any of us, and I'm sure you already have a pretty good idea of how she might react. If not, then drop a few conversation pieces about CD'ing, TV's, TS's and TG's, and see how she reacts.

As for having a ball together, it's one thing to let your sister know, but it's completely another to expect her to participate. All the better if she does, but IMHO there's a wide margin between being cool about CD'ing and wanting to actively go along with it.

charlie
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Also remember, if she does freak out your Mother and Father will be the one's to know next!

Amy Hepker
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Tell her you may find out that she will understand a few things she could not understand about you before. Sisters will usually understand easier.

elaineg
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Hmmmm I am going to tell you what happened when I told My Brother, He was really cool with it not a problem He is 7 years older. Now a week later He called me crying stated that he was talking to our sister and he told her and she freaked out. He said he was sorry for telling her he never thought she would react that way. I called her she said she did not want to talk about it. I asked if I could send her some books about what I am going through. That was over 5 years ago and she has yet to bring up anything to me about my cross-dressing. My Bother told me that she is really concerned that with where I work she is worried that I could get hurt if someone found out.

I figured that I had better talk with my oldest sister (the motherly type) after I told her she told me that it didn’t matter what I did she would always love me.

I guess I am glad that I did not tell my younger sister. I would have been very disappointed and I still am, she is a very open minded and a bit worldly. We were not very close as kids and I miss not having that.

Hugs Elaine

PrettyGiGi
07-03-2008, 05:56 PM
We have been through a lot together and I have opened up to her about a lot of things. I have to believe she would think it was cool.

I know she dressed up her husband for halloween a couple years ago, shaving his legs and all. Maybe I'll have her down for Halloween... We look so much alike it isn't funny. I'll say I want to go as her.

SweetCaroline
07-03-2008, 06:23 PM
If you've been a dresser since childhood, she might already know, especially if you wore her clothes.

I'm not out to my sister, mainly out of respect for my mother and my three school aged nephews, but I did tell my parents, and both already knew. When you live with someone for a long time, hiding becomes difficult.

I say, if you love her, come out. She may not understand at first. It might take her time to adjust. Expect that. But if she really loves you in return, she will at the very least accept.

Good luck.

missattitude
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Even though that is not a bad option to consider telling your sister, let me warn you that if she was anything like mine, she will tell everyone that she knows. Once they find out, and if you are in the closet still, you will no longer be. I lived in a small town which is pretty redneck and word got around quick. It's not like I told her or anything like that, but rather helped myself to her clothes when ever I felt like it. So before school she would have to wake me up because I kept taking her clothes, lol. I had a blast though. Not the usually she would have to worry about her other sisters taking her clothes, she had to worry more about her brother stealing them. And boy, did I ever. heheehe. I was bad when living at my parents. I had 4 sisters so in the beginning i was easy for them to point there fingers at each other. As time went on, three of the four grew heavier and the youngest one, which at the time was around me size, kinda knew what was going on. Now that I no longer live there, could care less, but everyone that I knew had known my secret. So just to let ya know, if your in the closet and in a small town and don't want the world to know I suggest you don't. But if you could care less or if you think your sister will not tell anyone go for it..
take care

kristacd20
07-04-2008, 07:14 AM
How old are you two and do you still live at home?

Katheryn
07-04-2008, 07:17 AM
But I am afraid to. She is my closest friend and we could have a ball. I have one GG friend who knows and that is it (she may join here!)

I am just afraid if my sister doesn't understand she'll flip.

That's a risk you take each time you out yourself to one more person. In my case, my sister was thrilled to find out she had a sister.

K

If you've been a dresser since childhood, she might already know, especially if you wore her clothes.

My sister said she had inklings, I used to watch her do her makeup.

K

Kimberly Marie
07-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi.....thats funny I just told my sister. We are two years apart and she had no problem with it. Like she said we are still family........:)

carlyanne
07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
i told my sister and yeah she laughed at first but now when she goes shopping she sometimes buys me shoes (she got good taste) plus when my mom found out she flipped at me but my sis jumped in and talked her round my mom dont talk much about it but me and my little sis have girly nights when the dragon is not in he he but on the hole i say tell her whats the worst that can happern

Jennifer James
07-08-2008, 02:03 AM
i'm soon moving in with my sister she doesnt know i dress i've been dressing since age 12 and mostly her clothes......i have no idea how she might react got a feelng she'd flip. now i'm 27 she is 29 do you think its a good idea i even tell her?

judge75
07-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Tell Her,she might enjoy dressing up with you.

Ravin_nightshade
07-08-2008, 02:28 AM
I would have to say that all good things come with time so slowly start bringing out parts of you that show who you are. and over time all the small things add up. she will slowly start to notice the changes and they will be less likely to bother her if they are subtal changes. I hope that helps

love ya :hugs:

slicky
07-08-2008, 03:17 AM
if shes really that close to you then id say go for it, i've only told 2 people about my crossdressing and one of them is my cousin who now helps me pick out some clothes in public. the other one was an ex girlfriend, hence why shes an ex. what i have found browsing around this site is that most family members are ok with their dressing.

AmandaM
07-08-2008, 09:59 AM
I would tell mine, she's a bull dike, but, then mom would know, and everyone else!

Shelly Preston
07-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Please remember that once you have told her there is no going back

Thats why telling anyone is a difficult decision

You have to consider will they keep your secret ?

Nikki A.
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
My family does not know and probably never will. They all live in Europe for the last 20 + years and my brother and sis are 18 & 20 years younger than me. Why should I say anything?
As for you, you decide if you want to or need to tell her. What are the pros & what are the cons. If you're moving in with them then that makes it harder. If she freaks, you're out.

sterling12
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Well if she's like my two sisters, she probably already knows. I was a real trial for them as a young CD. I borrowed a lot from them and Mom, it caused a lot of problems.

As an adult I carry the burden of that guilt. It's nothing I can change, what's done is done. I refuse to do "penance" for the rest of my life, but I will always regret that we can't talk about it, and I can't say I'm sorry.

I have tried, but like a lot of families my people like the notion of "If I ignore it, it doesn't exist." Sadly, my sisters have informed me that this is their choice, "We don't want to talk about it." Guess it all makes them too uncomfortable.

So, if your considering telling your Sister, I recommend that you do it! While your at it, take care of all the unfinished business too. That opportunity passed me by. If I were you, I wouldn't make the same mistake.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Randee
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I think I would go easy about telling my sister or anyone else about your dressing interests for that matter. Do it some what that keeps it light and fun and you can quickly apologize for going over the top if she gets too serious about it.

Since I had sneaked into her leotards and tights as a kid, I was always concerned what she and others would think of me wearing them. The opportunity came when I designed a costume for a halloween party with a black turtleneck leotard and tights I had purchased as a base. The costume itself wasnt' feminine at all. But I had a chance to ask her if she would give me her opinion of what I had decided to go as. So I presented myself in costume. She did not even realize at first that I was in a leotard and tights, but when she did, she was agreeable to the idea. As we chatted I eased out of the rest of the costume so eventually we were chatting with me in just a leotard and tights. And her calm response was a big relief from what had been a concern for a long time.

Now we never talked about me wearing other things, or that I used to dress up in her dancewear when I was home alone. But the opportunity to do that was there. You can ease into a dissussion as I did with some of my girlfriends. Share with her how nice you feel like that. It seemed easier to tell her while I was wearing them. And then ask her if it should seem strange to her that you liked the feel of certain clothing and some of the things you tried. If she starts to weird out over it, just drop it there, make a joking apology about getting carried away and drop it while you are ahead. She probably will already have a read on you. Give it time to simmer and see what happens. With all I shared my interests with, the worst response I ever got was indifference. Hope that helps.

tricia_uktv
07-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Could you live without telling your sister? Do you trust her? Do you know where it will take you both? If you know the answers to those three questions then tell her. Good luck