PDA

View Full Version : What's in a Name?

Sweet_Honey
07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Hello Ladies. This is my very first Thread so I thought I'd try to make it a good one. I'm 36 years old and have known I was a cd'er since an early age. But growing up in a "strongly" religious family - I repressed and fought my feelings for many years. To be honest, it's only been the past couple of years that I've begun to finally accept my true inner self.

It was only after visiting sites like this that I realized I need a femme name. And so it began..... trying to figure out a name for my female self. I thought and thought until I was ready to pull my hair out :eek: I finally figured out the problem - it's not in our nature to name ourselves - names are usually pre-determined by our parents. Nicknames are given to us based on physical characteristics or behaviors observed by others.

Then it finally dawned on me after reading the post on this site. This isn't just a web site for posting blogs and nonsense like some others out there. This is a community of people who care about each other and accept one another without judgement or ridicule. This is the place for me to find a female name. :) I know I'm asking a lot, but I think you're all up to the challenge.

I want to thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Deborah Jane
07-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Actually i like the name Honey
It,s quite unusual as a name and i think it sounds cute.

Kieron Andrew
07-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Actually i like the name Honey
It,s quite unusual as a name and i think it sounds cute.

I know you asked for just girls, but i actually was gonna say the same thing, why cant you use Honey as your girl name..and if you want to find a second name then so be it

Amy Hepker
07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I got mine from a song.

JenniferR771
07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
We need a picture--please!
Until then, how about naming yourself after the very first girl you had a crush on--from about the fourth grade?

Actually I was named by the girl from my first professional makeover, "I think you look like a Jennifer." I pretended it was for Halloween, of course.

Angie G
07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I kinda like Angie But you probably thought I'd say that . Honey would be a nice name for someone so sweet.:hugs:
angie

sterling12
07-04-2008, 01:51 AM
Ultimately you have to decide, but I can make a suggestion. You said you come from a deeply religious background, and when people say that; they usually mean a Fundamentalist Background. I will assume the pen name that your currently using comes from that old Gospel Song, "Sweet Honey In The Rock."

In turn, that Title reminded me of one of my favorite names (purposeful bad spelling here;) Why not .....(Rocks-anne?)

You can always claim you stole it from Sting and The "Police." "Roxanne....you don't have to turn on your Red Light!"

Peace and Love, Joanie

Jonianne
07-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Sounds like Honey works for you. You can always add a second name that is dear to you.

I took the Anne part of my femme name from a character in one of my favorite books - Anne of Green Gables. "Anne with an 'e". The PBS Wonderworks presentation was wonderful.

I also come from a similar background. Very nearly went insane, until I realized God was OK with me just as I am.

Tina Dixon
07-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Honeys a cool name so go for it and my name is a lot like my male name.

daviolin
07-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I came up with my name by using my given name and a combanation of something I love to do. David And Violin. and WaLa Daviolin was born. Try it. It can be fun. keep us posted:hugs:Daviolin

Sarah...
07-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Well, I'm reading this thread started by an individual called Honey so, for me, Honey seems right. That is after all how you were introduced to me!

Sarah...

Jaydee
07-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree the the others. I think Honey would be a great name. My screen name was derived from a character in a favorite movie.

Jaydee

Aurora27
07-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Honey is good, but there's no rush. Mine just kind of drifted into my mind while I was driving one day.