PDA

View Full Version : Tri ESS

connie johnson
07-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Hi Girls.

I am thinking about joining the local Tri Ess chapter.

I was wondering a couple things about the club.

how many of you are members?
what do you think about the club?
does your SO attend with you?
do you belong to the fort lauderdale chapter?

Amy Hepker
07-04-2008, 06:17 AM
I am not a memeber of the Chapters down here, but was in Iowa when I lived there. The people there are great people. Most are Heterosexual and they all want to dress and have fun. It is one way to support CDing.

Tina Dixon
07-04-2008, 07:16 AM
The people are great from what I here, I have talked to the director of the closes chapter to me and she seemed very nice and helpful, it's a way to get out with other that share our interrest.

maryjanecapri
07-04-2008, 07:59 AM
we don't have tri ess here in my town. at one point i thought about starting a group. has anyone here started a tri ess group? if so, how difficult was it?

Chris St Pete
07-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi Connie.
At one time, I was a member of 2 chapters of Tri Ess, one in Tampa/St Petersburg and one in Orlando/Central Florida. I am still a member of the Orlando/Central Florida group. We do have some members from your area in our chapter.
If you go to the Tri Ess home page, look under Departments/Chapter Development/Chapter List and it will give you the website for each group.
Drop me a note and I can fill you in on more
Chris

krisla
07-04-2008, 09:07 AM
I am a member of the Alpha chapter in LA, it is a great safe place to meet nice friends. Although my wife does not attend some do and are they completely accepted and accepting.

Kris

Carol A
07-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I wish there was one in my area, when I lived in New Orleans I was a member. It was really great for the wife and I both, now that I have retired and moved way out in the country I have no sister close to me unless you want to drive 6-8 hours. :thumbsdn:
Tri-Ess is great for both man and wife, :love:

kymmieLorain
07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Only thing about my local chapter,Denver. Is to join you have to attend one meeting in femme. Only problem for me is I am not that far with my dressing, ( and may never get that far) It seems like they are pushing to far to fast.

Kymmie

Melanie R
07-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Only thing about my local chapter,Denver. Is to join you have to attend one meeting in femme. Only problem for me is I am not that far with my dressing, ( and may never get that far) It seems like they are pushing to far to fast.

Kymmie

The Denver chapter requirement that you have to attend one meeting enfemme before you can join is too stringent. In our Houston chapter which is the current mother chapter of Tri-Ess, we have had members who attended in full beard and not crossdressed and were accepted into membership. One of those now dresses at every meeting and is now on the board.

AKAMichelle
07-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Kymmie

I plan on joining the Denver chapter later this summer. Things have been really busy with the divorce and several other things going on in my business. So no time for that now.

I get the impression of crossdressing at one of the meetings to make sure that you aren't there to write some article about the CD'ers in Denver. Much like the movie "27 Dresses". Where the reporter snuck his way in to write a horrible article about the woman in the movie. I don't want anyone to out me to anyone that I don't choose to. Therefore, having everything done like this is great. It makes me feel safer going to the meetings.

I don't have a problem crossdressing at one of the meeting if they can handle how I look as a woman. :devil:

Michelle

victoriamwilliams1
07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I think they are a great bunch, I wish I could attend more often our group here is LamdaMu.

Nicole Erin
07-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Connie, some seem to like tri-ess and others don't care for it. I imagine it is how each chapter is run differently, like most CD/TS groups. I have never been to a meeting for tri-ess myself.

Anyways, I imagine there are probably other CD groups in your area if there isn't a tri-ess. Just do a search for "crossdresser support groups" on some kind of search engine.

One other thing about tri-0ess, while it does welcome SO's, I *think* membership is limited to CDs and not so much TSs [I have no idea which you are]. Someone want to elaborate on that if they know who can be members?

sterling12
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Individual Chapters are allowed a lot of latitude. I think that National has decided to let The Locals figure out what works for them.

I have a very good friend who is post-op. She attends meetings and I can't see much of any change in her status and attitudes toward her. In fact, she was right there with us last week, doing her share at our Booth at The Pridefest.

Each chapter is different, and if I sure if you plan to join; you can ask questions and they will fill you in on their various by-laws. A couple of things are constants for all chapters, 1.)your discretion and everyone else's is expected. My Chapter has you fill out paperwork and makes you sign off on various important rules. The main pertinent one's: No predator's, and meetings are not for soliciting other members for dates. No "outing" your Sister's.

Oh, the other thing that's a constant.....you will have a lot of fun!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Nicole1
07-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I have just started attending at the Dallas Chapter and it is great. My wife attends also and we will be joining as a couple (go to the TRI-ESS web site and there is an application which will include your SO if she wants it). In Dallas, a board member meets with potential members before they are given too much information to kind of check them out for privacy reasons. This works great and gives you and the chapter a chance to learn a little bit about each other. Then you go to a meeting (dressed or not as you are comfortable with). In Dallas, you get two free meetings before they ask you to join to make sure it is what you are looking for. I think it is a great place to meet other CDers and to network and obtain a lot of help and support. Give it a try and if you are uncomfortable with dressing right now, talk with them and tell them how you feel and see if you can meet with a board member on neutral ground and get to know each other first.:2c:

Hugs:hugs:

Nicole

Alicia_lynn419
07-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I was a member of my local chapter for a few years... an in the beginning, it was a great help in coming to understand myself. There were very few SOs that came to the meetings tho... Finally I began to realize that there was very little support for the SO's and family members.. to me the attitude was "Do what we want and screw anyone who can;t deal with it..."

I have found more support from my G friends and people on this site. I'm not saying all chapters are that way, but I was very disappointed in the attitudes of those in my local chapter.

Jenna1561
07-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi Connie,

I'm a member of the Dallas-Ft.Worth chapter (Hi Nicole!) and agree that it really is a great place for crossdressers to get together, have some fun, and be comfortable. I think you'll enjoy visiting and becoming a member.

Jenna

Phoebe Reece
07-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I am a member (and also the newsletter editor) for the Atlanta chapter. Every Tri-Ess chapter is slightly different, so you will find a different experience dealing with each one. Even the same chapter will be different after a few years and especially with some changes in leadership. The chapters that don't offer a program that draws new members will eventually fold up (many have). And for those of you who may have had a bad experience with a chapter in the past, take the time to check them out again. You may be pleasantly surprised. The Atlanta chapter is very different (in a positive way) from the way it was a number of years ago. If anyone is interested in more info, please PM me.