PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Shock...

Kieron Andrew
07-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I've just come out to an old long lost friend...

Back in the day when i ID'd as lesbian, because i was too afraid to come out to the world, i tried to come out to a few close friends as trans, who i thought might take it, but was dissed for being a traitor to the lesbian community & all that rubbish...so slowly remove myself from the situation and anyway made a whole new set of friends in lots of the girls here anyway....

Anyway one particular friend who i was very close to, who seemed never to judge anyone, unfortunately moved away before i got the chance to let her know about my true self....well anyway, I have just found her on Face 'Book on another friends page, so i decided to send her a message to which of course i got back in return...who are you?....before i could answer she sent another one.... K___? is that you!!!!....I sent one in return, 'well not exactly!' and asked her if she still had a messenger service so we could chat....

We got chatting and I basically told her the reason i was using a male name, she kinda said she had guessed the reason and was really cool with it all, even invited me to come for beers when she moves....to Manchester from Northampton

The biggest thing about all this is....She was in Manchester visiting friends this weekend gone...and by sheer coincidence was in the village whilst Sparkle was going on, as she has MtF friends, and at one point we could have been even stood not far from each other! hows that for cool!!....

sorry for the long windedness im still in shock, but a happy shock! lol

Tamara Croft
07-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow, how kewl is that :D That's great news Kieron and great that she accepts you for who you are :bs:

Kieron Andrew
07-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow, how kewl is that :D That's great news Kieron and great that she accepts you for who you are :bs:

Thanks Tamara :love:

Holly
07-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Pretty cool, Kieron. It is so refreshing and uplifting to make contact with those who support us. I'm very happy for you, dude.

Shelly Preston
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Excellent news Kieron

I hope you get to meet her soon :)

Felix
07-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Kieron, it's real nice when ya get in touch like that and the person accepts ya straight away like that. I'm real pleased for ya Hun xx Felix :hugs:

DemonicDaughter
07-06-2008, 02:35 PM
You gotta love when things like that happen in life. :) :hugs:

Di
07-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks wonderful news....just love when things happen the way they should:hugs: Awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bobbie cd
07-06-2008, 03:32 PM
That is absolutely wonderful, Kieron.
It is always great to re-connect with long-lost friends.
It is even better to find someone like that and have them accept you as yourself. Woo-hoo!!:cheer:

DanielMacBride
07-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Wow, Kieron - how cool is that! :) I am really pleased to hear that you had such a good experience - it's always nice when that happens, isn't it? :)

Kieron Andrew
07-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Well, managed to catch up with my friend again, and we have decided to exchange contact details when she has more time (she was running out the door) and we are gonna meet up at Manchester Pride to catch up, cant wait :D

DanielMacBride
07-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Woo, cool! :D

CaptLex
07-07-2008, 09:20 AM
We got chatting and I basically told her the reason i was using a male name, she kinda said she had guessed the reason and was really cool with it all, even invited me to come for beers when she moves....to Manchester from Northampton
That's great news, K! :thumbsup:

I had something similar happen to me recently - an old friend I had not heard from since before I came out (and started transitioning) contacted me out of the blue and I had to decide whether I should renew the friendship because I thought for sure she wouldn't accept me as I am now. We e-mailed back and forth a while and she put 2 and 2 together and figured it out - and told me she was totally fine with it and happy for me. :whew!:

I'm glad you've renewed a friendship - especially with someone who sounds like a keeper. :)

Taylor105
07-13-2008, 06:38 PM
That's awesome and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!

Alan
07-13-2008, 07:13 PM
That's wicked! Congrats!! It's so nice when that happens :D :D :D
The same thing happened to me JUST last night. I came out to someone about it and she said, and i quote, "Congrats."
And then she said, "Oh, and I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I really mean it!"

Wolfie
07-14-2008, 02:22 PM
There are some really cool people out there and I'm not just talking about us guys (and gals)