PDA

View Full Version : What would you like people to know.

suzy cool
07-04-2008, 04:57 PM
If you could put across something about your frame of mind and where you see yourself, so you could be understood better, what would it be? If you were on a TV show say, and someone pointed a microphone at you and said "So ...what's it all about then?"

What would you say? You have 30 seconds before the adverts.
(that's quite long , don't rush).

Felix
07-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Its happened to me quite a bit latel, not on tv but just in general. Yesterday I was in the hot seat and I though no way round this so I just took a deep breath and said 'I'm a trans man'. xx Felix :hugs:

Alan
07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Omg. I JUST did that today (coming out to my mom... panic attack inducing, no joke).

I don't even remember exactly what it was that I said. I think it was something along the lines of, "I'm a guy."

I think I could've done that better.

If I was able to formulate words easily when I'm speaking... I still don't know. Probably why I failed today @_@

Cai
07-06-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm trans, I'm gay, I'm a Christian, I'm a college student. I have blue hair. I love cats and hiking. I'm a HUMAN BEING just like everyone else. I deserve to be treated like one.

Wolfie
07-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Could I pretend I have no speech? Then I wouldn't have to say anything.
But as I can aslo do BSL (British Sign Language) that might not be much good!

Lets see...How about..
'errrrrrrr.............gulp....errrrrr'

CaptLex
07-07-2008, 09:09 AM
If you could put across something about your frame of mind and where you see yourself, so you could be understood better, what would it be?
I can get a bit long-winded (and even ranty :heehee:) at times, so I'd have to take most of those 30 seconds to edit myself. ;)

I suppose I'd try to get across that I don't like to be labeled as anything because as soon as someone puts me in a box and slaps a label on me they think they know me soley based on what they think they know about anyone else who identifies as I do - and they're usually wrong. And that has nothing to do with being trans - all my life people have assumed things about me based on my nationality, place of birth, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation or sexual orientation. So I would just ask people to get to know me - just as me - and not make any assumptions before they've done that. :bow:

suzy cool
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
So I would just ask people to get to know me - just as me - and not make any assumptions before they've done that. :bow:

I think that's pretty cool. Trouble is most folk go on first impressions or they just don't see past the assumptions based on whatever.

Bev06 GG
07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
- all my life people have assumed things about me based on my nationality, place of birth, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation or sexual orientation. So I would just ask people to get to know me - just as me - and not make any assumptions before they've done that. :bow:

I like that. This is what anti discrimination is supposed to be all about but unfortunately like it or lump it we all have prejudices. The secret is to get over them by getting to know people who are different from yourself, and then you do see the person and not the stereo type.
I think I might keep that little quote CaptLex for work. I work as an Inspector/Advisor in Childrens homes, nurseries, schools, youth clubs etc and as ever anti discrimination and equality of opportunity are hot potatoes. The only thing is the powers that be profess equality with thier mouths and their actions show quite the opposite heart attitude.
Take care
Bev

Emily Anderson
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't need to understand myself better. I need society to understand better.

There are those who fit the mould, and do what guys and girls do, and those of us who are smart enough to do what we want to do, regardless of the "idiot masses".

For me, if that means wearing a skirt and blouse is what appeases me, then so be it.

Judge not lest thy be judged, or something along those lines...

The fact is, we live in a world of injustice.

Peace be with you!

If you could put across something about your frame of mind and where you see yourself, so you could be understood better, what would it be? If you were on a TV show say, and someone pointed a microphone at you and said "So ...what's it all about then?"

What would you say? You have 30 seconds before the adverts.
(that's quite long , don't rush).