PDA

View Full Version : Outing myself for the first time

Heather_Marie
07-04-2008, 05:01 PM
O.K. I just have to share something. Two weeks ago I told my friend at work that I was a CD. She is a very open person and completely understands and supports me. When I was telling her my heart was going a mile a minute. You might think this was scary but to me it was such a rush I had no problem telling her that I was a CD’er and was glad I could tell someone about me (For the first time). So now we talk about cloths and other GG things it is so nice to open up yourself to other people and they do not have a problem with it. Thank goodness for open people. :)

Daintre
07-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Heather, I can understand the rush that you are feeling, after doing the same to a co-worker, I felt no fear just exhilaration that I could share. We had many times of girl talk, she led me down the fashion path . I hope your experience is a great one.

Jonianne
07-04-2008, 05:19 PM
To feel loved and acceptance from someone outside the CD community is a wonderful feeling!

SweetCaroline
07-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I outed myself to a very close GG friend for the first time, just over a year ago. She too was very accepting. In fact, the first thing she did after I told her was to give me the biggest hug I'll always remember.

It took a little beer for me to overcome the jitters, but I'll never regret it.

You can read all about my adventure here...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61893

:)

vivianann
07-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Glad to hear your experience went well with your co-worker, I am happy for you. I love the responses I get from the GGs when I out myself to them. they are so accepting and understanding. hope you have many wonderful experiences since you outed yourself to you friend.

Rachel Morley
07-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi Heather,

I'm really pleased things went well for you you must feel really good right now. :hugs:

The first person I ever "kinda told" (I didn't say I was a crossdresser as such, I just told her I sometimes like like to wear girl's clothes) was a GG friend when I was in my early 30's. I thought she would be accepting but she was rather ambivalent about it all during the moment, then the following week told me that I should "get some therapy" for it. :sad:

However, since I met my wife on a CD forum (not this one) every person who knows about me now has been supportive and in the case of my wife and her sister .. downright encouraging :)

Not everyone is going to be ok with it, but like you said, "Thank goodness for open people." :)

Angie G
07-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm glad it went well for you Heather it's nice to have a friend who's open and accepting. and you can talk to about girly things.:hugs:
Angie

Nikki A.
07-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I also have told one, now three coworkers (2 females, one male) the one male was invited to the same wedding , so we had to tell him. All are cool and the original one is my biggest ally.

StephanieF
07-05-2008, 09:09 AM
That's so great. I really envy you. I want to find that woman I can open up to and have come so close, so many times but still haven't found that one person. I have lot's of friends I trust and there's others who I think would be understanding but not really both.

I know what you mean about the excitemant of sharing and I can't wait.

Heather_Marie
07-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Thank you all for your comments and your own experiences. It's great to hear about other people that support us and for you that have not found anyone you will the world is full of amazing people.

darla_g
07-07-2008, 10:41 AM
sometimes I think women are just easier to talk to about these things. Unless it is a SO then it might be more difficult, but much more necessary