PDA

View Full Version : It's all happening!

Wolfie
07-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Well since joining up with you guys my life seems to have suddenly gone into the fast lane.
I came out to my kids and they were all cool (although my son was a bit shocked!)

Yesterday I got my first chest binder. Surprisingly comfortable too as I wore it most of the day. Had an assessment by local mental health team (cos of my chronic depression) and they changed all the paperwork to the new name I had chosen for myself and even manged to use it throughout the assessment!
And today my deed poll papers arrived. And a friend has started texting me using my new name... and the best bit? It feels great :D
I know there are going to be tough times ahead but for the moment I'm gonna enjoy these. So the drinks are on me!:drink:

Kieron Andrew
07-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Sounds all very positive Wolfie....so what did you decided on for your chosen name if we might ask that?

deja true
07-05-2008, 06:14 AM
I'm never one to pass up a free drink, Wolfie! Thanks!

And congratulations on everything going well for you so far. May that continue!

Keep letting us know how you're getting along, hun.

We all have a lot to learn from each other. :hugs:

Cheers! :drink:

Alan
07-06-2008, 02:06 AM
I know! It feels so great when people remember. When my friend IM'ed me with 'Hi, Alan' I swear I nearly cried from joy.

Congratulations! /accepts drink.

Wolfie
07-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks guys.

And nope I don't mind you asking Kieron - I am going to be known as 'Ben' from today. I have never been into anything fussy, long or complicated (unless its a computer!). There is no other special reason behind it, but I had to smile when I told my daughters and they both said at the same time 'I love the name Ben, it suits you'
And just to make you all smile my eldest daughter told one of her lad friends (who I keep telling her she should marry (she wont - its a running joke but he is lovely!) about my trans he turned round and said in a shocked voice;
'But your mum got huge boobs!'

lol couldn't work out what I thought;
a) he had looked at my boobs or
b) he had the guts to say it to my daughter!

Victoria Anne
07-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Ben , that is cool I am happy for you , if my kids found out .. welll It would not go over good . I wish you all the best and welcome to the forum , youy'll make alot of friends here ,thanks for the drink. Hugs

Kieron Andrew
07-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Thats great Ben, perhaps now you have a name you could put it in your signature so we wont forget it or under your username :D

DanielMacBride
07-07-2008, 04:59 AM
LOL Ben...that is so funny about your daughter's friend - they can come out with some beauties can't they! :) I am so glad that everything seems to be going so well for you :)

Wolfie
07-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Name change now official - now for the tedious job of changing bank, BS, health etc....

CaptLex
07-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I know there are going to be tough times ahead but for the moment I'm gonna enjoy these. So the drinks are on me!:drink:
Make mine a rum and Coke, please . . . :drink:

Yeah, I would recommend remembering these moments when the dark days come. I don't mean to sound down or cynical, but it can be a roller coaster ride and some days all we can do is hold on, close our eyes and scream till it starts to swing upward again. :whew!:

Congrats on your kids taking it well - my son took it very well too and some people here have met him so they can tell you that he's very cool with it all. I hope things continue to move along at whatever pace you're comfortable with and that the obstacles will be few and far between.

Oh and I haven't had a chance to welcome you properly yet so . . . welcome aboard, Ben! :wave:

Taylor105
07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey Ben! I'm Taylor. I try to drop in as often as I can. Great to have another guy here. I'm glad your kids took it so well. :)

Wolfie
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
First day back at work after a year off (mental illness and suicide attempts tend to mean a long stay in hospital!)A phase return - one day this term then back in September. The team I work with all know and the rest of the bigger team are finding out - so today was my first official day as Ben complete with suit :brolleyes: Wow what a bizarre day! Talk about needing a drink - I need a bar full. :drink:
Most people couldn't even meet my eye but some just kept distance which is fine by me. But I did it and still here to prove I survived - now I want a medal! :tongueout

Yept CaptLex I'm hanging on to the good moments cos there have also been some very crap ones and I feel a bit like I'm on a roller-coaster ride. But I got on and I'm dammed if I will get off!
Got my first appointment through for gender clinic (November) and at long last feel as if I am beginning to take a bit of control of my life instead of the depression dragging me under. Mind you don't quote me on that cos I know I have a hell of a journey and suicide is my escape hatch.