PDA

View Full Version : Coming out of my Comfort Zone!!!!!

Felix
07-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Right here I am Felix Trans Man yes thats right for anyone who wasn't sure!!! But I will expain a few things. Firstly I made a decision yesterday that was openin me up to people who I didn't want to just yet but I did cos I had made a conscious decision to come out and come clean to my boss so as to cover my back and her back. This has gone a long way to cement the relationship between her and me. There are so many things to consider when ya are in the type of job I'm in its not just about me its about the children and the parents and the staff. I stepped out yesterday and said yeah I'm a trans man. A F****** huge step for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok something else that has been on my Mind recently and its attached to my gender identity and also my sexuality. The fluid state of my sexuality for want of a better word. I have come to a lot of realisations over the last year without any counselling to date. This is not new cos I have always sorted my own head out. I've never relied on anyone else really cos it's my mind!!!! But I will be having counselling very soon cos I think it's imperative to my progression in coming to terms with myself. I am not nieve in these matters of emotion and psychology and I know when to ask for help. Ok getting back to the point sorry peeps! Last year I realized that my concept of gender and sexuality was changing and I'm sure I have made reference to this on either threads of mine or else on other peoples. I realized which quite freaked me out at the time that I was attracted to the male form. Not the genitailia but pecs and stuff. I was like well this don't make me any different to what I am all it means is I'm becoming more open and more fluid in things. Now no spanners in the works at this point so it didn't matter. Then I realized hold on a min I'm attracted to gay men and straight men but not in the same way as they would be like men to men. I like them more in an androgenous sense. That made me realize that actually I might like trans men but not in a gay way. I know this is very unusual but I can't help it its me. I'm not challengin any mans manhood here whether gay or straight, it's just what I prefer and I new then it was almost gonna be impossible to find anyone who would completely understand where was coming from and that left me feelin so tatally alone in my own head a very lonely place to be for someone like me.
Ok more clarification. So I thought more about my fluidity and what it meant. At that point it was all conjecture and what ifs. So here was one of my what if? What if I do meet someone and what if its a trans man who want the full works. Now for me that f***** with my head because of how i feel towards certain things but the reality is if I ever met anyone and loved them then I would have to become more fluid and transgress all my concepts of gender and sexuality. I think im doin that now and i hope i will be able to do it in the future. xx Felix :hugs:

suzy cool
07-05-2008, 06:45 PM
You can find your gender identity without losing your inbuilt sexuality, assuming it's inbuilt. Seems to me they aren't connected together at all and if you take them as two seperate things it's easier to make sense of it all.

Maybe you just like guys and always have. And happen to be trans at the same time.

Felix
07-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Hi Suzy and thanx :) Who knows in this crazy mixed up world we live in all I know is what I like women and men and where the men are concerned like I said androgony but I would overcome anything else if the need was there cos thats how I am! xx Felix :)

metalguy639
07-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Felix for me I'm betting it might be best to try and stick with someone who is bi-sexual or a transgender type themselves. This might also be something for you to consider. People who are bi-sexual are very different and not as set into any particular thing.

Felix
07-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Thanx Hun, ya know what I just want the person not the label really but I know where ya coming from and this has been said to me quite a few times by different peeps. I used to go out and look for a label that sounds awful but now its the person not the label and thats why I'm happy with Dan. I see as a person not a label do ya know what I mean? xx Felix :hugs:

Wolfie
07-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I read your post and realised that I totally understood what you where saying. I am married to a fantastic man who is heterosexual and is struggling to come to terms with my gender change. He wants to support me and dosen't want to end our marriage and then ends up in tears. As far as my sexuality I am I suppose 'gay' as I most definitely fancy him. But he says he only likes the female form. What a mess.
The thing is that for so many years (yeap I'm that old!) I have tried to live as a woman/wife and refused to allow myself to even begin to explore my sexuality and the thought that maybe this is an area I will have to face sets me quaking in my boots.
The thing I do know is that a persons soul is the beauty and thats what I love. Relationships are fraught and delicate and we sure are making them even more complicated but we are beautiful souls and deserve to treated as such.

Felix
07-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Wolfie I definitely hear ya bro on all aspects!!!! I most definitely agree on the beautiful souls angle and we all deserve to be treted well in this respect. We migh not get it right all the time but hey none of us are perfect. Ya husband is brave and strong and I think you are lucky that he is tryin to work through this with ya. Good luck hun and keep us upto date I for one would love to know how ya gettin on with this xx Felix :hugs:

CaptLex
07-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Wow, Felix, seems like there's so much going on with you lately, I can barely keep up.

1. You've got a new, cool roommate (who is also a member here).
2. Your son is learning more about you.
3. You're back to work.
4. You're coming out to people all over the place.
5. You've got a new relationship blossoming.
6. You're learning more about yourself than you have in years.

Did I forget anything? :thinking:

Thanks for taking us along for the ride - it's fascinating. :D

metalguy639
07-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Thanx Hun, ya know what I just want the person not the label really but I know where ya coming from and this has been said to me quite a few times by different peeps. I used to go out and look for a label that sounds awful but now its the person not the label and thats why I'm happy with Dan. I see as a person not a label do ya know what I mean? xx Felix :hugs:

Very true and a good idea to look for someone who just fits with you. That's what my sister said.

Felix
07-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanx Lex it means a lot that you've taken time to keep up with whats goimg on in my life and yeah it seems amazing how everything seems to be happening all at once. Everyday seems to bring its own tale at the moment. Like the kids in school give me so much to think about and so many challenges in respect of my dysphoria and how to handle it. Like I have been challenged everyday since my return, especially by the new kids who obviously see me as quite different and openly question my gender identity. I have to be professional in this matter cos it is the law but many of them have made their own minds up about me and today one of them said she is a man she has had a sex change. I was tryin not to laugh when he said it cos I'm no where near that yet but it made me feel good, infact I have the urge more and more to be called sir cos it feels right and so comfortable. I was challenged openly infront of a whole class today by one of the kids who only met me for the first time today. He was like 'hey are you a man?' I ignored his first attempt and then when challenged again I told him I was busy and had come to sign clubs up. He kept on untill I said 'well you decide' then the teacher backed me up and we closed him down lol. So as you can see a new challenge every day which inevitably makes me stronger and more able to cope. I feel I am actin as a vessle by bringing diversity right into the heart of the education system, LOVIN IT TOO!!!!! :hugs:

Hi MetalgGuy and thanx for your response and yeah I agree with ya sister too xx Felix :hugs: