PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel feminine when dressed as a guy

Bev06 GG
07-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I know that seems like a really stupid question but listen to this. Feeling feminine is in my opinion a state of mind. I went Horseriding the other day with my daughter. I was wearing the usual clobber, hat joddies, boots and jacket and I noticed that I was wearing exactly the same outfit as one of the male riders. However, I did not feel one bit manly or masculine, In fact quite the opposite, because i was in a lesson with predominantly males I felt very femm.

This did make me wonder about my CDing friends. Is it the dress that maketh the man feel feminine or the attitude of heart and mind. What do you think.
Bev

TommiTN
07-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I know that seems like a really stupid question but listen to this. Feeling feminine is in my opinion a state of mind. I went Horseriding the other day with my daughter. I was wearing the usual clobber, hat joddies, boots and jacket and I noticed that I was wearing exactly the same outfit as one of the male riders. However, I did not feel one bit manly or masculine, In fact quite the opposite, because i was in a lesson with predominantly males I felt very femm.

This did make me wonder about my CDing friends. Is it the dress that maketh the man feel feminine or the attitude of heart and mind. What do you think.
Bev

I think it's the attitude. I have felt completely male when en femme and just could not get into the femme thing, leading me to go put my guy stuff back on until my mood(?) was better. I don't seem to have feminine feelings when I'm in drab.

KarenCDFL
07-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I feel feminine no matter what clothing I am wearing.

Amy Hepker
07-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Bev,

I feel Femm all the time as I feel I am Female inside, but I have been programmed or brought up as a Male so I also feel male. Do I feel 100% Female or Male??? No! But, I do feel more Female than male even though my body may look more male. I do wear female underwear all the time, so it pleases my Female side, but I still wear mostly Male clothing on the outside to be more socially correct and accepted by my Lady and son and other relatives.

Joanne f
07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
I feel fem most of the time regardless of what i am wearing . incidentally i use to ride a very large hunt horse and it`s owner use to say that it would only let her or another female ride it and could not understand how well we use to get on (me and the horse), maybe the horse could sense something .

joanne

jasmine57
07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I agree with Karen. Clothes really don't make me feminine.

joann07
07-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Every once in a while my femme side mixes in with my guy side.
There was one time when I was at a restaurant and accidentally walked in the ladies room. :o
When I noticed there were no urinals, I realized where I was and immediately walked out. Thank goodness there were no ladies there at the time. I avoided a near embarassing moment which I kinda laughed about it after.

Also, I there was one time when I went to a medical clinic and the clerk called me "ma'am". I don't know what I did, but we both got a chuckle out of it. :laughing:

Hugs!

Bev06 GG
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi Bev,

I feel Femm all the time as I feel I am Female inside, but I have been programmed or brought up as a Male so I also feel male. Do I feel 100% Female or Male??? No! But, I do feel more Female than male even though my body may look more male. I do wear female underwear all the time, so it pleases my Female side, but I still wear mostly Male clothing on the outside to be more socially correct and accepted by my Lady and son and other relatives.

Funny you should say that Amy because your comments reminded me of a time when I had to wear overalls for work. I hated them but it was our company uniform The one thing that made me feel better was wearing really nice matching underwear from M & S.
Bev

whitelace
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi bev,
It's not a stupid question at all. No matter what I'm wearing .The girl in me is just that ....always there. for example if i'm out with a crowd of people having a good time maybe having a few drinks and I'm not keeping myself in check so to speak, I get the sense that in my relaxed state she comes pouring out of me and If someone reads me ...so be it .

when I am fully dressed it just adds more straw to the fire.
hope I shed some light on your inquiry hugs....lacie:battingeyelashes:

Tina Dixon
07-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Well it's the dress for me, all other times I'm pure male.

Byllie
07-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Given that I feel equally feminine and masculine all the time, then yes, I do feel feminine dressed as a guy.

Deborah Jane
07-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Honest answer Bev....I rarely feminine as a guy probably because of my social group and job.

But...I nearly always feel feminine when i,m at home, because even when i,m not dressed i,m surrounded by my girly things :daydreaming:

I love being girly, but sometimes it,s not a sensible thing for me to be :sad:

Bev06 GG
07-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you ladies,
That is most interesting and not something that before last week I had actually given any thought to. I did ask my partner and he pretty much echoed the same as you have all said. Just goes to show you never stop learning because I really didn't know that.
Take care
Bev

Holly
07-05-2008, 04:06 PM
As I am becoming less and less defensive of my masculinity, more and more of my femininity is coming through no matter how I'm dressed. In fact, just last Thursday at work, I was talking to a GG co-worker I had not seen for a few months. As we were preparing to depart, I said something to the effect, "It was nice seeing you again, honey." Now in this era of sexual harassment and so on, a male referring to a female employee as, "honey" is risky. I obviously was relating to her more femininely than I was masculinely without even thinking about. Does this make any sense to you?

Gemma Rhodes
07-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Honest answer Bev....I rarely feminine as a guy probably because of my social group and job.

But...I nearly always feel feminine when i,m at home, because even when i,m not dressed i,m surrounded by my girly things :daydreaming:

I love being girly, but sometimes it,s not a sensible thing for me to be :sad:

Thats the same as me Deborah. You know me Bev and I think you will agree that when Im Les I am all male as I am not a transexual so the dressing for me is done when I want to feel feminine or when I go for girly days or nights out with you. But yes Deborah, when Im at work Im all male though I do look forward to the time when I can get home to be Gemma.

And Bev, it is a very good question.

Bev06 GG
07-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes it does. Actually honey is how we at work refer to each other both face to face and when we email each other. It is a very feminine way of addressing one another. Which goes to prove that you do think as a female even when not dressed.
Take care
Bev

Raychel
07-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I feel just like me, A guy in a dress. It doesn't make me feel feminine at all. I just like the feeling of a nice dress.:2c:

Rachel Morley
07-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Is it the dress that maketh the man feel feminine or the attitude of heart and mind.

Perhaps both? There is nothing in my personality that can't be expressed because of what clothes I may, or may not, be wearing. But there are times when being in a certain mind-set can be influenced and enhanced by external assistance, and the clothes do that for me.

Women's clothes grip you in different places on your body (especially underwear) and the textures, colors, and styles make you feel different about yourself. It's almost like they give you permission to be, or do, something that we're told from an early age that we (guys) are not supposed to be or enjoying. i.e. doing or wearing something that is considered feminine. :2c:

Oops ... I never answered your question "Do you ever feel feminine when dressed as a guy?" ... well, nowadays I don't do "manly-guy" but when I'm at work I do wear more unisex women's clothes and I can feel a little bit feminine if I wear the right underwear ... especially my bra. :) Most of the time I just feel like me - Rachel or boyish Rachel.

Karren H
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Well I just feel like myself.... not matter what I'm wearing.... Not feminine and not mascline... just me....

TommiTN
07-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Apparently I'm one of the few who can switch it on and off at will. Probably if I were able to spend more time en femme I would begin to lose that ability. As I mentioned in another thread, I had a bit of a time resuming my maleness after spending 3 weeks as a woman several years ago. I had a sense of loss and emptiness for a while.

AmandaM
07-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Sometimes. But I almost never feel masculine.

sissy_simone
07-05-2008, 05:32 PM
hi Bev,
yes I do feel feminine even in male clothing. Then I crave for wearing nice sexy undies.

Veronica 1
07-05-2008, 05:46 PM
When I am at work I usually am in total male mode, but if I get to talking with the girls I quickly change into fem mode without realizing it until I notice that I have my girly walk going. Then I have to concentrate to get back into male mode. It really makes me wonder how many people have noticed. Good question and great thread.

Nicole Erin
07-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I think how one dresses will effect how they feel and vice versa.

Pretty much all my garb is women's. I feel natural that way, even if but a pretty tee and shorts.

When I am dressed specifically in men's clothes [rare] I feel akward, icky, and not a bit feminine.

DanaR
07-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I feel feminine all of the time and wonder what I'd have to do to feel masculine.

TGMarla
07-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm never apart from the feminine within me, but there are days when it's quiet, and days when it's crying to get out. I imagine it's that way with everyone, male or female. It's just that as a guy, my dynamic for expressing it is different than it is for women.

Toni_Lynn
07-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I thought about this throughout today, and my answer has to be that I just feel like me. I guess I'm pretty much the same when dressed as a boy or dressed as a girl.

One thing is for sure, (here she goes with that society word). I never feel what society deems to be masculine. My masculinity is better defined by my steadfast caring for the ones that I love, especially my wife, and my willingness to defend her with my life. Therein is what I consider masculine.

But that softness, that nurturing, the attributes that one associates with femininity, is always there.

Both work together in a synergy strengthening each other.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Susan.
07-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm masculine even when I'm dressed, though much less. My wife wouldn't even talk to me if I acted feminine.

LucyLuck
07-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Sometimes I find my fem side coming out when in male mode.
The other day the office lady was talking to about some clothes she had seen on the net and I was like yes I saw this cool top without really thinking
and she was like what are you doing looking at that I just tryed playing It like I was joking haha but is just came out so naturally.
So sometimes I do feel the fem come out when in male mode
I gess that’s just two small parts of me that make up the whole

Rachel89
07-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I denitely feel femme 100% of the time, no matter what I wear. But my femme feelings really come out when I slip on a dress, skirt and blouse or anything girly. Makes me wish I were with a man.

Pink Person
07-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Gender is expressed in both thoughts and behavior. We are feminine when we think in a feminine manner or when we do feminine things. There is no single simple way to express gender.

Angela-Russell
07-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I,d have to say a big NO to that question. I really don't feel feminine wearing mens clothes, especially underpants & socks, YUK. The desire to be feminine is always there though, no matter how I'm dressed, but I don't really feel feminine until I,ve had a bath or shower & washed all those horrible male odours away, then put on some nice spray & underwear & start getting dressed. That's when my femme side comes out.

Joy Carter
07-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm just going to say that I'm a blend of both. Nether masculine nor feminine. I'm finaly a peace with who I am.

Sarah...
07-06-2008, 03:09 AM
It's a heart and mind thing Bev. For sure. That's why it caused me and my SO such horrendous issues in all aspects of life until such a time as I accepted it as a heart and mind thing and discussed it with my SO. My SO is of the same opinion, which is just fantastic.

Sarah...

rian
07-06-2008, 03:16 AM
I think it is not the dresses that makes us feel as women, no wearing the dresses only is a translation of these feelings , Yet it is a cry that we need to express our feminine personality to the world ....to add to this is when we shave our bodies or put make up or other means women do ....

Bev06 GG
07-06-2008, 03:20 AM
It's a heart and mind thing Bev. For sure. That's why it caused me and my SO such horrendous issues in all aspects of life until such a time as I accepted it as a heart and mind thing and discussed it with my SO. My SO is of the same opinion, which is just fantastic.

Sarah...

Actually Sarah what you say there is very interesting. I have talked with a few of my GG friends in the past over acceptance etc and one of the things that most of them seem to have struggled with at times is the fact that their fella can't accept his CDing himself. Must be a new thread in there somewhere. When someone is struggling with an identity crisis they can be hell to live with, and the main issue was that their CD didn't like himself or what he liked doing, and as a consequence made life very difficult for everyone else.
Take care
Bev

brandy25
07-06-2008, 03:30 AM
this is a realy good thread well i think im mainly fem. but at work I have to act like a man I survive by wereing a nice bra and pantie set and putting gliter on my nails lol no one has said anyting about the gliter :daydreaming:

Nicki B
07-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Feeling feminine is in my opinion a state of mind.

Abso-blooming-lutely? :)

Ask yourselves how you feel posting on here and if it makes a difference what you wear while you do it? :idontknow:

And nice to see you, Bev.. :love:

Bev06 GG
07-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Abso-blooming-lutely? :)

Ask yourselves how you feel posting on here and if it makes a difference what you wear while you do it? :idontknow:

And nice to see you, Bev.. :love:

Thanks Nicki,
And ditto. Hope you enjoyed Sparkle this year, I missed being there with you all
Bev

Katheryn
07-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I have talked with a few of my GG friends in the past over acceptance etc and one of the things that most of them seem to have struggled with at times is the fact that their fella can't accept his CDing himself.

Bev, it's so sad when someone can't accept themselves. All the purging and crying that I have seen friends do......

I never had problems with accepting myself, as I had long ago came to the conclusion that faults are allowed, people are flawed, so I accept things in myself which gives me great tolerance for faults in others.

CD'ing, being gay, being different aren't faults, however, they are merely the things that make someone interestingly different than the bland mass of humanity that spends all of its energy trying to fit in. Fit in with what? Some artificial construct of what a person should be that no one actually is?

The first thing said about a person is the general announcement "It's a ____" assigning that person a gender and with that, a gender identity. You then spend your life trying to fulfil that silly destiny. I'd rather hear "It's a healthy baby!"

K

Bev06 GG
07-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Well said Katheryn
We are only here once so we have to make the most of it. Spending time pleasing others and trying to fit in, to be honest seems absolutley futile to me. Theres always going to be another group you try to fit in with and your going to end up wasting an awful lot of you time in the process. I would hate to look back on my life and think why didnt I do something just because it wasnt considered to be the norm.
Bev

StephanieF
07-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Dressing is just one tool or way of expressing my femininity. The root of that expression comes from within and is with me all the time. 'That's a good thing'

Denise01
07-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Your question was very genuine Bev.

I feel totally femme all the time, and when I am working i have to concentrate of putting forth a Male presence, .

I have for years felt that I am female inside and that I was born of the wrong gender. Living out in the country and in an area where there are too many narrow minded people, it did not allow me to express my true feelings. to over come that some what, I did join a group that wore Kilts, and for a while that seemed to serve my needs to wear a skirt. My sister used to tease me about being like a girl sweeping my skirt under me, Maybee she knew more than I did at the time.

I am so happy to see GG's such as your self take an active part in the discussions here, for me it brings a lot of Insight and good thoughts to the room

Denise:):):):)

robyn1114
07-06-2008, 09:11 AM
All the time, I often visit this site in drab, but I still feel very fem

deja true
07-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Is it the dress that maketh the man feel feminine or the attitude of heart and mind. What do you think.
Bev

For me, it's not the clothes any more...like most, it was many, many years ago, but these days the clothes are just a way to heighten a feeling that's with me 24/7.

The feeling isn't necessarily of being femme, though. It's a feeling of not being either a man or a woman, but a human being. Dressed in man clothes usually makes me adopt the physical presence of manhood (though I often have to consciously remind myself not to cross my legs like that, or to walk a little more exagerrated butch, or to stop calling every woman I talk to "honey" if I don't know her name.)

I don't think I think like a man or a woman at any given time (though I do knowingly vocalize like a man with mannish comments and mannish jokes when I'm with the guys. But the guys also know me for someone who does not put up with discriminatory talk of any kind in any way!).

So thinking "feminine" is not the goal. Who can say what thinking feminine is?

Does not Venus Williams think in terms of demolishing competition? Don't tell me she's not feminine! She's big enough and beautiful enough to be 200% feminine, in my mind! Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan, terrors of the mid seventies male, not feminine?

Does not Johnny Depp obviously empathize and sympathize so strongly with the broken and strange characters that he sometimes plays? He's skinny and strange, but still exudes the kind of masculinity that most women say they want in a partner. Don't tell me he's not masculine enough!

It's a connection with everyone, every type of person, that should be our goal. And if that means crying sometimes, or getting righteously aggro at other times, that's okay.

Adopt the best of both genders. Slough off the worst of both genders. Be a human first!

If dressing in opposite gender clothes helps you do that, then you're on your way!

That's how it works for me these days. :)

darla_g
07-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I like to channel my feminine persona when i can. I think it makes me a better person. But there is no doubt that I :2c:can feel a lot more feminine if you are all dolled up.

Crystal Dawn
07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
i always do mostly when i go shopping.

Bev06 GG
07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Funny you should say that Crystal. My partner and I often go shopping together and whatever we are buying we always have (at his request) to walk through Binns the department store. If we take the short cut through we pass through the perfume and makeup dept and he loves the smell. I am sure they will soon start getting suspicious because its always him that stops to look at something or smell something.
He says that even dressed as a male he feels very girly when walking through that store.
Bev

mlady
07-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Bev
Hello Bev.
Speaking purely for myself, of course I always feel feminine even when in my male disguise, although I do wear fillies under my male clothes. Its important at all times to not only feel fem, but to be fem.
Good luck in your survey: Mlady Stefanny

Coquette
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
For me, wearing pretty femme clothes from inside out complete the image and persona of who I wish to be when dressed... a woman. The clothes do not make me feminine, that comes from within, but the pretty clothes accentuate my feelings of femininity and softness. It's an additive feeling!

Claire3
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Its been said,but ive found my work and social enviroment a need to be masculine,while at home the complete opposite

Bonnie D
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
In essence, I see this as a "where are you on the spectrum?" question. The crossdresser, guy in womens clothes, at one end to the transsexual, woman in a man's body, at the other end. Most of us here are somewhere in between. Ones age and social environment will also determine how much you reveal about your true self, whatever that may be. I am a transsexual although no one would be able to tell, I hide it quite well. I must, I have a family and a job to protect. I have told my wife and she cannot see the transsexualism. She thinks my crossdressing is more of a selfish fetish than anything else. I won't get into the rest. I have always felt that I was female and growing up I wanted to be with the girls and I wanted to have a boyfriend and I wanted to get married and have a family and take care of them. But I wasn't physicaly female so I had to deal with it. I hide to separate her from my male being and hide her away. She was always there, a part of me, being dressed or not never mattered but I always felt that when I did it gave her a chance to come out to play but noone could find out.

When I come here both of us are here, my male self still feeling dominant, so I answer from his perspective with input from her.

When I go to the vitual world called SecondLife, she is dominant. It is too bad that it takes a virtuall world to set her free.

In the real world, I continue to present my male image. I do still pay lots of attention to girl talk and give my opinions when it is safe to do so without revealing too much and how much I do know about various subjects. Many of my coworkers are female.

I have allowed my female self to come further and further to the forefront. I know I am talking in terms of two separate beings within myself and do realize that I am one person but it is difficult to explain things any other way.

So do I need to be dressed to think in a female frame of mind? No.

Bonnie

KimberlyS
07-07-2008, 02:10 PM
For me feeling masculine or feminine is just a mix of who I am and does not follow how I am dresses. But often I will dress in the mornings depending on how I am feeling, masculine and/or feminine. It was strange the first time being all dressed feminine in my frilly feminine best one time and just feeling masculine. Or the time roofing the garage and dressed in all male work clothes, tool belt, work boots and air nailer and feeling feminine. I am usually just a mix and M/F feelings come and go with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

MeraLehanga
07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
The fabric touch against the skin with bra generates a feeling which cannot be expressed, its too powerful.

Pamela Julie
07-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Feeling feminine or masculine is all in the mind for both gg's and gm's. Myself, I feel feminine all the time; that is one of several factors that tell me I am ts. Many mtf need to be dressed in femme clothes to feel feminine. The only thing that really matters is how you feel, and you are happy with that feeling.

Pamela:)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I don't think its the clothes that make's you feminine. It is the mind, your thoughts that determines whether you are feminine or masculine. The clothes enhance those feelings your mind provides.

I think we are all women whether we are dressed or not. :battingeyelashes:

Jonianne
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi Bev,
I don't really feel feminine as I imagine a girl would. When I am in drab and with a GG that I look up to, I have a yearning to be like her in looks, dress and speech, and a sadness that I can't. I am slightly more feminine than the average male and very proud of that part of me (now!), but in reality, I default to a general male status in my mind. I have never considered myself as being female, even when dressed. But I am so very happy when I do dress as a female because I love seeing myself as female and part of my need/desire is for GG's to see me as someone that can relate to them, if only in a small way.

bimini1
07-08-2008, 11:43 PM
If I leave the house and get around other men in drab of course, I will start to feel femme automatically. Happens everytime I go to work. Weird but very true.
I've come home and dressed in the closet and felt more masculine with the femme clothes on. I think it has something to do with the roles I play in life/ in my house I am husband and am mostly around my wife, thus the more masculine feelings.
But when I am away from home I don't quite measure up to the masculinity of the men around me. At least that is the feeling I get.