PDA

View Full Version : biggest fear expounded on

leesametz
07-05-2008, 11:46 PM
in the biggest fear thread i once read that one of the girls was afraid of falling down the stairs after tripping over her heels. well, let me relate what happened today...

my wife is gone until tomorrow afternoon. im supposed to leave town tomorrow morning. i had unpacked my collection and had 8 pair of shoes all over the bedroom. i went out last night so had painted my toenails. i was going to go out again tonight so i didnt bother stripping them...

went for a motorcycle ride this afternoon. got run off the road and tore either my ACL or MCL or both or just sprained them really freaking badly. the bike, while tore up was rideable so i managed to get back on it (after a couple of other riders passing by set it up and made sure i could stand if i leaned on the bike) about 10 minutes after i called a wrecker. i dont need the extra expense really...

i rode it home, nearly dropping it on me when i had to turn around due to a missed roadway (the knee doesnt like any side-loading or twisting and wants to buckle sideways), almost dropped it on me again when i remounted to pull it into the garage after opening the door, then i had 5 trips to the basement (2 buckles there too) AFTER picking up all the shoes, dresses, lingerie etc...

oh i also got out of my riding gear (boots and jeans mostly) and stripped the polish off my toes before changing into shorts for the trip to the ER...

lesson to me. dont leave any details left unattended if im going out and someone could get home before me...

well, im off to bed, ive got a 200mile trip to make tomorrow. ill see the orthopede on wednesday i guess...

Kimberly Marie
07-06-2008, 01:02 AM
OMG......A nightmare indeed...... hope all is going to be well.

Cassiemarie
07-06-2008, 01:52 AM
WOW! And I thought getting locked out of my hotel room en femme was traumatic!

Angie G
07-06-2008, 07:26 AM
You were lucky it wasn't worse hun. If I think someone my be here besides my wife I alway put things in there place. :hugs:
Angie

leesametz
07-06-2008, 07:30 AM
i definitely got lucky on this one...

since i dont have any pain im going to assume that ive only got a sprain. again very lucky...

thanks!

TGMarla
07-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Sounds like biking with Murphy along for the ride! :doh:

Karren H
07-06-2008, 09:27 AM
wow.... Well there are so many things that could happen when out enfemme (or in drab)... that if you started worring about them all, you would never ever leave your bedroom.... IMHO... You can be just so careful....

Amy Hepker
07-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I would not worry about the polish or the clothes strune around, I tore up my knee back in the late 80s and it had me off work for 8 months and 2 operations. The first operation was not right and had to be done over again. The hospitals have seen it all, sure you would be the talk of the hour, but soon forgotten. Your health is more important than what people may think.

KatrinaAshley
07-06-2008, 09:59 AM
That is why I put my things away or at the very least out of sight when I need to go someplace. Even when I know nobody should be there by the time I get back. I thought I was being paranoid but you never know when the unexpected will catch up to you.

Sophia KT
07-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Get well soon!

You were lucky and it could have been alot worse.

Nancy Richards
07-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I have always made it a practice to put everything away before leaving for any amount of time.

leesametz
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
had arthroscopy last friday. meniscus and acl torn...

thurs prior to that, the knee buckled, i fell and broke my arm (Colle's fracture)...

im out for the rest of the summer. surgeon says acl imobilizing brace for 6-9 months and then a review...

crap, crap, and dang!

CD Susan
07-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you have had a streak of bad luck. I hope you recover and your luck changes.

darla_g
07-23-2008, 11:36 PM
sorry to hear of all your troubles

Brooke Smith
07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
had arthroscopy last friday. meniscus and acl torn...

thurs prior to that, the knee buckled, i fell and broke my arm (Colle's fracture)...

im out for the rest of the summer. surgeon says acl imobilizing brace for 6-9 months and then a review...

crap, crap, and dang!

Seek another opinion from a sports medicine Doc. ACL imobilizing brace is old school. Get er fixed and get back in the game. Been there done that. 9 months after surgery you should be good as new.

stevie b
07-24-2008, 08:56 AM
sorry to hear about the accident. I make sure there is nothing fem on me when I'm out on mine, risk is to high. Some threads were posted last week I think from bikers about the idiots out there no matter how careful we are we are still invisible.
Hope you are soon fully fit.
xx